Rosie to Elisabeth: "You're Young and Wrong!"

2/28/2007 3:51 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Just when you thought things were getting a bit tame on "The View," here comes the bitchfight!

On today's edition of the crack-like ABC gabfest, Rosie O'Donnell got Elisabeth Hasselbeck's conservative knickers into a big twist when Ro argued with her usual vehemence against the Patriot Act, concluding by hitting Liz with the ageist remark, "You're very young, and you're very wrong," (E is 30, Ro is 45). This, of course, just wound Elisabeth right up, prompting a strange pointy hand-dance of rage.

Rosie then really stuck it to Elisabeth, suggesting that resorting to ageism is the only way she can bottle her Hulk-like rage to sit at the same table with someone with whom she disagrees "so abhorrently."

Careful, Ro, you don't want to turn green and start smashing things!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Sharon

I agree with Kim. Elizabeth Hasslebeck needs to get a REAL life.
I know alot of people do not agree with Rosie on her personal life, but I do agree with her on her political view. Elizabeth needs to stand here in REAL America like lower to middle class citizens and live it. Gas it outrages here in the northern midwest and what about our young who are home from school trying to find summer jobs and cannot make enough past filling their gas tanks!! There is not going to be a middle class when everything starts rising because of the gas situation. People with part-time jobs trying to help out are going to have to quit.....AS far as I'm concern You go Rosie and let Americans know the truth!! Elizabeth should be leaving the VIEW....She is so irrating and is ALWAYS ranting and arguing someone!!

vickie quinn

I've always thought E is nauseating. I don't like anything about her and she is so obnoxious . Who cares about her baby, her husband, the back-up and I really hate her comments and ideas. No E, we are not jealous of you just wondering why anyone would want to walk around naked on a reality show and then act like you're just a regular person. Bush is an idiot and some idiots did vote for him. I've actually never heard you have or speak a good idea, are you bedding with Sean Hannity??? Plus , quit, no one in this area will be watching after Rosie leaves, especially if you stay. BORING>>>> We all really love Joy, she's a lady inside and out...

jenna

WOW ROSIE PROVES EVERYONE RIGHT IN THE FACT SHE IS UTTERLY WORTHLESS! TRUMP AND ELIZABETH WERE RIGHT ABOUT HER. SHE DISGUSTS ME WITH HER MISINFORMATION AND LOUD MOUTHED ASSUMPTIONS. HOW DARE HER CALL OUR BRAVE TROOPS (DEFENDING EVERYONES RIGHTS) "TERRORISTS" WITHOUT THEM HER LESBIAN SELF WOULDNT BE ABLE TO GO ON NATIONAL TV AND BASH THE PEOPLE DEFENDING HER RIGHTS. IF IT WAS UP TO ME SHE WOULD BE SENT TO LIVE A WONDERFUL LIFE OF AN IRAQI... STUPID LESBIAN

Midwest Maggie

Elisabeth is a self-serving, money hungry bitch. With no talent and little intelligence, she

works each day on The View as if trying for a future job on Faux Fox. Which she will

get because they love her. Duh!

Rosie is one of the most delightful people on television. And unlike, Elisabeth, Rosie

does support the troops and has for many years. She is dearly loved and honored by

them. One of her recent works was to help build the modern hospital for Vets in Texas.

She also works with Fischer House. And what does Elisabeth do? Nothing but worry

about making her next dollar.

ABC's, The View, will only survive if the idiot Elisabeth leaves. She is a poor example

of young women in today's world. If you look, you can see her tattoo printed in

bold letters, ME!

BJ

I FELT THAT ROSSI DID NOT GET A FULL ANSWER FROM EL. IT WAS LIKE SHE WAS TALKING TO A WALL, REMINDED ME OF 1 FRIEND I HAD, IT WAS HARD TO TALK TO HER TOO, WHEN ALL SHE ASKED ALLOT WAS IF HER X TOM WAS COMING BACK? ON THE ISSUE OF ARE THEY TERRORISTS, I SAY NO! NO TO THE PEOPLE WHO SHOULD KILL THE JERKS WHO KILLED US! KILL THE ONES WHO ATTACKED OUR COUNTRY AND PUT IS IN A LIVING HELL. THEY DESERVE TO DIE, THEY KILLED AN OLD CHILDHOOD FRIEND I KNEW FROM WHEN I WAS LITTLE

nicehoosiergirl

I used to enjoy watching Rosie, but she seems to have a big chip on her shoulder, tainting everything that might make her opinions sound lucid and valid. And really -- name calling either one of these ladies only makes the rest of us just like them. Can we not disagree and be civil, folks? Just because someone has a difference of opinion -- and they are OPINIONS -- doesn't make them awful people worthy of verbal punishment. We live in a free country. Let's be thankful we can say what we think, but let's show others we can do it with class . . . not like Rosie in this instance.

Professor W.W.Watts

Rosie gets the bulk into her brain.If the left is so right explain the Post Office vis a vis private enterprise e-mail!!

Innocent By-Stander

On the Rosie vs Elisabeth 'debate', I wish Joy would have turned to her left and knocked that ninny Elisabeth up side the head with a wet diaper. Perhaps that might have reset Elisabeth's teeny weeny itsy bitsy little dinky non-function pea brain. Elisabeth is far too holier-than-thou on too many levels, and she is so totally uninformed as to what reality actually is. As far as I can ascertain, this country is run by big business, the oil industry, big pharmaceutical companies, and a war hungry little Napoleon who all prosper greatly from the ongoing atrocity we are all funding with our tax dollars. Afterall war = money, and not in the expense of it, in the profits garnered by those who are perpetuating it. Don't believe me? Watch the uncensored news from other countries...it is quite an eye opener.

maxwell

Must be all the lesbians commenting here,......the organized group of we love an idiot no matter what her politics,....as long as shes lesbian.

Julie

I was happy to see Elisabeth stick up for what she believes is right. I don't understand why the general consensus sways political opinion. Is this country a bunch of zombies? Why do we have to believe all the hype with conspiracy theories? During the Gulf war Saddam had a sniper on his head with a clear shot but was told to stand down- yes I know this from the "horses mouth". I am glad that man's dead. Am I sorry that thousands of troops have had to die, of course I am! But you just don't understand. It pisses me off all these people with their views who sit around fighting and screaming at each other. We are free to do these things because of the brave men and women that have died now and throughout history. TO QUESTION THEIR MISSION IS TO SPIT ON THEIR GRAVE. Hooray for Elisabeth standing up to crazy Rosie. I use to think Rosie was cool with her Gay cruise and being proud of who she is but I think she has gotten too caulky and needs to take a step back. She is allowed to say what she wants (no matter how ignorant) because of my husband and the rest of the military members who serve with honor. People who say they support the troops but oppose the war are talking out both sides of their mouth. We don't know all the facts. We are not walking the streets of Iraq. No one talks about the good this has done for Iraq, all everyone wants to see is the bad. You are allowed to form an opinion when you have been there or have taken the time to visit a VA Hospital and hear a solider tell his story, volunteer your time and show your support. Hanging out in your cooled, non-humid home "taking a stand" does not count. Elisabeth, you go girl!

becky

totally agree with Julie! I am so tired of hearing all the bad things people believe are going on- there are two sides to everything, including the war- our troops being there is doing good. I want them to come home as soon as possible- but abandoning now only mean we've lost so many just to give up! I am so thankful for everyone who is in the service and their families. I may not always agree with Elisabeth, but I have a hard time thinking that there are that many more left wing liberals than normal people and conservatives. Why does the View portray Elisabeth as a stupid little girl just because her views are different than the other women- why isn't it more balanced? And why call Elisabeth stupid or say she shouldn't be on the show- doesn't that contradict what America, and the diversity of the show is supposed to stand for? I could stand to listen to the different opinions of all the women, without feeling personally offended- until Rosie came on, it's like she thinks she has to bully people into conformity with her beliefs or you must be a bigget- isn't that backwards?

Rosie Baruffi

You are young, you are smart, you are wrong, you are like the girlfriend in highschool who if you said anything different you would cut them off. You use your emotional stupidity to make your point. You are real good at fashion and creativity, but when it comes to politics, you don't know what you are talking about and you twist words to make your point. It is obvious, it makes you look bad. You took Rosie, who speaks with emotion, which you pretend to but you don't have, to make yourself conterversial. I would listen to your side if you weren't so self rightious. You are the one who would look for the spelling errors.

Rosie Baruffi

I think E is young, talented, but young, talented in fashion and crafts, but uninformed about politics, she is going where no one like she should go, she is twisting words like a highschool girl to make her point. She wants to go to FOX, good for her, just try to make sense when you do it, because you do not make sense now. It isn't right, I hate listening to her and she makes herself look really stupid. All the people who resort to calling Rosie, fat and a lesbian, to make their point better go back to school, it has nothing to do with anything.

Just My thoughts

I have only read a couple comments on here so far, and I am amazed that these are so called "adults" leaving comments. How OLD are some of you? The name calling, etc, totally juvenile.

Having said that, I think Elisabeth is the one that really fueled the fire here. It was Elisabeth who "infered" or implied that Rosie was calling our Troops "Terrorists," and I think she was TOTALLY off the mark on that. Our troops do what they are told and they are suffering as well. This "war" should have NEVER began, and I have said from day 1, that it will be another Vietnam war. THAT is truly sad.

jenna

You are all obviously uninformed and should stop trying to put up false and unnecessary info on here. ROSIE IS A NASTY, WORTHLESS HUMAN BEING WHO SHOULD NOT BE GIVEN THE RIGHT TO SPEAK ON PUBLIC TV. She disguists me with her stupidity and ignorance. Im so happy she is leaving the show. No one wants to listen to her anyways. Her opinions mean nothing. Thank god for someone like Elisabeth who can set us all straight and fight Rosie. Why doesn't she stick to Lesbian events she seems better at that if anything. Really though, as a family member of a marine i don't believe she deserves the rights of an American. Wouldn't it be awesome if Rosie could actually read the newspaper everyonce in awhile? GO LIVE IN IRAQ SEE HOW YA LIKE IT THEN!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments