Elisabeth: "Rosie and I Are Friends"

3/2/2007 2:18 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Elisabeth Hasselbeck set the record, er, straight regarding reports that she is being bullied off "The View" by Rosie O'Donnell.
Elisabeth on Rosie: Click to hear
Earlier this week, the motormouth mamas got into a heated tiff over The Patriot Act, which allegedly left Elisabeth in tears backstage. While rumors swirled that "her days were numbered," Hasselbeck told L.A. radio station Star 98.7's Valentine and Lisa Foxx, "Rosie and I are friends." Define friends! Hasselbeck added that she and Rosie, despite political differences, have "a lot in common," and that the reason the women on the show can talk about such controversial topics is because "there is respect at that table." Is that what you call it?!

In an obvious reference to her previous stint on "Survivor," Elisabeth did admit that being the lone conservative voice on the show can make her feel like she's "out on an island sometimes."

Somehow, sleep deprivation and barbecuing rats seem like paradise compared to sitting with "The View" yentas every day!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Jeannie

LOVE THE VIEW.....................ALTHOUGH I REALLY LIKED ROSIE WHEN SHE FIRST STARTED......................LATELY SHE SEEMS AFRAID TO SPEAK HER MIND..........SEEMS LIKE BARBARA GOT TO HER.............

tracy smith

I think Rosie knows what she is talking about and is right in alot of things that she says!!! Liz on the other hand??? She doesn't even believe that her husband has ever played with his willy? How nieve is that?? Elizabeth has alot of growing up to do. I believe that liz's days there are numbered you can tell on joy's face? rosie's face and also barbara's face that liz days are numbered! Can't wait till liz is gone!!!!!!!!

OC Get A Life

I think Ms. O'Donnell is too controlling on the View, although, I do not agree with Ms. Hasselbek in any of her points of view or her political positions, it is the most futile debating tool to resort to dismissing an opponent by pointing out their age as an issue - it was used by people during the Vietnam War debate and many others throughout US history and is an indication of Ms. O'Donnell's weakness rather than strength. I believe that Ms. Hasselbek is quite capable of showing the ridiculousness of her positions and opinions if she is simply allowed to speak uninterrupted, as is the case with most ardent defenders of extremist positions, but unfortunately Ms. O'Donnell subscribes to the Rush Limbaugh school of win an argument by volume school of thinking - hopefully these two women will remember that they are not paid for their intellects only their abilities to entertain the general public - once they appreciate their positions and the relative pay scales - I am certain everyone will kiss and make up.

Barb

I stopped watch The View when Starr Jones left. I've lost all respect for Barbara Walters and do not care for the women hosting the show.
Ms. Walters really struggled to obtain fantastic guests for interviews. Historically, people of internatonal interest.
I'm so surprised that her previous, outstanding career was replaced by a tabloid style, mud slinging trash show (imo).
I'd never watch this program again.

KMART

I SUCK....no wait...i guess i dont

Teena

Rosie is using her positon as a bully pulpit. Right or wrong; she shows no respect for others with a different point of view.

WTF

What do you expect her to say..Rosie is a loudmouth pig..
I'm sure she thinks that just like millions other
but won't sayit

Kristine

To the comment that was posted about Elizabeth having "extremist positions" I would say that Rosie and Joy's positions are extremely extremist as well. Everytime Elizabeth says something that just might be right Rosie and Joy have to come back with "Where did you hear that, on Fox News?" That's totally immature. If people would actually watch Fox News they would realize that they DO always have both sides of the discussion on. There is always a Democratic response to a Republicans point of view and vise versa. CNN doesn't do that. I do agree that they need to let Elizabeth talk more, especially since she's the only Conservative on the panel and it's ALWAYS 3 or 4 against 1. Also, being young has absolutely nothing to do with your knowledge of politics. I'm 28 and know a lot more than many people. Rosie and Joy just need to show some overall respect towards Elizabeth regarding her political views. Just because she disagrees with someone else doesn't mean she's wrong. Everyone needs to remember that.

LThompson

I usually find Elisabeth pretty annoying, but (and I can't believe I'm saying this) I actually thought she handled Rosie pretty well that day. She didn't lose it and have a temper tantrum like she usually does, but stayed pretty calm and turned the tables making Rosie the uncomfortable one. Maybe E's finally learning something, excrutiatingly slowly perhaps, but it's a start.

Torrie

GO AWAY ELISABITCH! YOU ARE IGNORANT AND HAVE RARELY SPOKEN ABOUT ANYTHING WITH ANY INTELLIGENCE AT ALL. sO SICK OF YOUR TODDLER TEMPER TANTRUMS!!!

Wicked

Oh leave Rosie and Elisabeth alone. They are fine. Don't make up crap about people you don't even know. Love you Rosie .. for you and for all the good you do for others.

Amy

I really think that Rosie is just another Human Being as well as Elisbeth and Joy. However, I consider Elisabeth very inmature for her age and very naive in terms of knowledge. She acts like she has never been out of this country except when she was in the Survivor show.

When an individual takes the time to learn about other cultures, diversity is highly appreciated. Also, one can learn the weaknesses and strenghts of others as well as ours.
Bush's administration takes advantage of uneducated people as Elisabeth to rest their case and direct this country out of "fear". You can notice that she prefers to lose all her rights out of "fear". That's ignorance and there is no other way to call it.

VJ

You know - I really enjoyed Rosie on her own show. I sat and laughed and really liked her. I CAN NOT STAND ROSIE ON THE VIEW!! She is obnoxious, loud mouth, disrespectful and I really do NOT enjoy watching the view! No honestly, Elisabeth is my most favorite, I REALLY LIKE ELISABETH and you know, I enjoy Joy, she is a far left liberal, but she isn't obnoxious and allowed others to disagree without name calling or character assassination like Rosie does!!! I no longer watch the view! Because of Rosie!! SHAME ON BARBARA FOR HIRING ROSIE, though in her defense, I don't really think that Rosie would become who she is and now she's stuck with her!! I'll watch the view again WHEN ROSIE LEAVES!! It used to be that you could watch it, people disagreed with respect and made it great to watch. NOT anymore, ROSIE IS A CHARACTER ASSASSIN with an agenda!!!

U Know Who

Too bad you (Harvey) and your gay liberal biased staff cannot report the WHOLE STORY.

ROSIE APOLOGIZED ON AIR ---- FOR HER ----"IGNORANT" comments...Did you somehow "miss" that..

Unbelievable....fucking liberal facist fucks.

Team Howard

I am a fan of both Rosie and Elisabeth! I agree with Elisabeth's view on the War and having top priority on National Security. What do the you people want to happen after 911. Did you want the President to just say "Ok, do what you want to our country, we won't fight back"! LOL I support Elisabeth and the President....if you mess with the USA, we WILL fight back. I don't agree with Rosie's views on the war, but I love the fact that she speaks her mind and puts certain people in their place. Hmmmm....like the DumpTruck Donald Trump. lol

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments