Gay Slur Gets "Grey's" Goof an Image Award

3/5/2007 2:33 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Isaiah WashingtonIsaiah Washington won an acting award this weekend, and no, it wasn't for his half-assed apology for using the "f-word."

The loose-lipped "Grey's Anatomy" doc, who recently left gay-slur rehab, took home Best Actor in a Television Drama at the 38th Annual NAACP Image Awards. What an image, indeed!

With Isaiah receiving this questionable honor, perhaps there's hope that Michael Richards will get a GLAAD Award ... but don't count on it.

CoolKidd

Isiah Washington is not a biggot and as a black woman I could not care less what Micheal Richards had to say. Many of us live ourlives regardlesswho others think The NAACP didthe right thing. I have followed his career and has watched him grow .He is married, employed, and totally devoted to his family. To many of us that counts for something. I am honored to be a fan who has a gay uncle.

Please God help her

PRETTTYX2
YOUR JUST PISSED CAUSE U ALREADY SPENT YOUR CHECK FROM WHAT IS IT FOR YOU...THE 1ST OR THE 3RD OF THE MONTH ....AND BY THE WAY I HAVE NO FLAT ASS....IM A EDUCATED SUCCESSFUL BEAUTIFUL WOMEN THAT HAS USED MY INTELLECT TO MAINTAIN A JOB AT A LAW FIRM, PAY MY OWN BILLS..BUY DARE I SAY...WORKING FOR A LIVING AND I BE UP N THE GYM JUST WORKING ON MY FITNESS.....DONT HATE BOO BOO....IM BETTER THEN YOU CAUSE I CAN BE...NOT CAUSE IM WHITE .... I HAVE A VERY FINE WHITE MAN.....THOUGH I BET I COULD TAKE YOUR BLACK BOYFRIEND IN A HOT MINUTE......I JUST DONT WANT HIM...ANYTHING ELSE I DIDNT COVERPLS SEE YOUR LOCAL MIRROR...AND THEN BLAME WAS RIGHT BEFORE YOU FOR HAVING SUCH A USELESS...BLUNT SMOKING BEER DRINKING CAR JACKING EBT FOODSTAMP USING ASS.....CAUSE I HAVE TO GGO MAKE SOME MONEY THAT I DO THE WROKING CLASS WAY SO I CAN PAY FOR YOUR INTERNET USE AND CABLE USE AND WATER USE FOR THIS MONTH VIA TAXES...BEEEEEUTCH PRETTYX

Bobp

Um...to "stay in the closet"... Gays will never be accepted by blacks because you need to feel that there's someone lower than yourselves. This is about your own self hatred, which you project onto others. Your homophobia as a group has produced the "downlow" phenomenon among your own, which has now come back to bite you in the ass. Your people's HIV rates are among the highest in the country (striaght, hetero and black). You can thank your dishonesty and promiscuity (all you fine church going, God fearing liars). Now it's your turn to deal with HIV. Let's see how well you do. I guess that karma really does come back.

king

Amy come get some...

You work at a law firm? Doing what? Pushing papers is all I can think of, with that ignorance your writing. Don't respond to something you feel like isn't true..A little defensive are we? Sounds like you may be guilty of the stereotype about white women. If that doesn't pertain to you,,,,why respond in such a offensive manner? Do you spend you menial life thinking about stereotypes? Live your life and get out of the stinky box you in (in other words,,step outside the box. The stereotypes about all races are just that "stereotypes". You look and sound stupid.

king

Bob P,,,

I have a question for you,,,since your the statistical genius here....Can you write about the topic of the blog next time?

Jeana

To those who said the NAACP is a prejudice and Racist organization -

The NAACP has awarded people of other races. And, the NAACP is not an organization that is only for black Americans. White people, Hispanics, Asians, etc. are members of the NAACP. As a matter of fact, the NAACP was formed by:

W.E.B. Dubois - Black
Ida Wells-Barnett - Black
Henry Moscowitz - WHITE (Jewish)
Mary White Ovington - WHITE
Oswald Garrison Villard - WHITE (German American)
William English Walling - WHITE

Please God help her

HEY KING CHITHEAD
IN CASE YOUR NON READING JACKSASS WASTE OF BLOG SPACE DIDNT INFORM YOU,THAT COMMENT WAS DIRECTED TOWARDS ME...I REPSPONDED ACCORDINGLY.....O IM SORRY U ONLY UNDERSTAND EBONICS...LMAO@ KING........DEEDEEDEE

Bobp

For king... I was responding to a particulary stupid entry that required an answer.
As far as being a statistical genius, as you put it, the information I brought up is common knowledge. Sorry if it went over your head.

farah

I don't know why everyone made a big deal about Issiah and Paris made racist comments and no body talked about it.

Dion

Hey TMZ, while you forever punishing Isiah for the stupid commit(and I admitted it, what he said was stupid) but Ann Coulter really went below the belt and you're not condeming her. Where's the gay community that want Isiah fired. Is the gay community scared of Ann Colter? And don't call me homophobic because I'm a gay black bear. I'm more offended at Tim Hardaway & Ann Coulter than Isiah. I also want to say that the situation that the cast members hating Isiah, hell look like they hate each other since they find out that one of them is getting a spin off. If the show "Grey's Anataomy" ratings go down, it won't be all Isiah's fault.

king

Amy come and get some...

Do not assume that I am black because I am not,,,dumbass.

Trice

Oh stop whining already! MY peoples, whom the NAACP represents, know a lynching when they see one, and it's so apparent you all here at TMZ are going to hold a grudge against him no matter what. Feel free to waste your lives away acting exactly as Isiah called it. I don't see you slamming Paris as the dumb bigot blonde with bad hair... oh.. right.. she didn't offer an insult you disagreed with. And the slam against the NAACP was uncalled for. Bitches!

JCW

DIVA474,

You my dear, are an ass. Paris Hilton has not recieved an "Image Award" from the KKK for her ignorant comments, whereas your dear I.W. HAS receieved an award from his community. Lots of gay prejudice in the Black community - time to admit to it. How can Blacks hope for a world without bigotry when so many are so eager to show bigotry towards others? Ignorant, is I believe the proper term for it, and you're a prime example. Perhaps it might be an eye opener for you if a cross was burned on your front lawn? Seems to me you need a crash course in what it feels like to be at the recieving end of bigotry. Bitch.

JCW

Dion,

Can'r speak for TMZ but Coulter, Hardaway, and most importantly, BUSH are all on my hit list on numerous blogs. These people are not only horrible, they're dangerous. Sure - if Isaiah makes the effort, we can all mose past this. However it was a WAY inapporriate time for the NAACP to be giving him an "image" award, and it spoke volumes. You being a black bear, I know I don't have to tell you about homophobia in the AA community

Trice

I bet you wish I were an ass, don't cha!

There is anti homosexual sentiment everywhere. However there is also racism BY the gay comunity against blacks. No matter what group you roll with, someone hates everyone. Paris didn't receive an award, but she never got called out for her comments against blacks nor homosexuals.. not to the degree Isiah does. Where is your outrage against Shirley O. Liquor? Your the idiot. Every gay person does NOT want Isiah out. In fact, many gays of color see the situation just as other folks of color. Ask the gay black woman who started the petition to KEEP Isiah on the show. Your very small minded and you believe everything GLAAD tell syou. They are some of the biggest racists and facists out there. Grow up and think for yourself. You'll burn on a cross before I do.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments