J-Hud

And I'm Telling You,

I'm No Diva!

3/19/2007 2:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jennifer Hudson is firing back at recent media sniping that says she's a flake and an ingrate.

In an exclusive interview, she tells Jawn Murray of "The Tom Joyner Morning Show" that she's been "hurt" by the backlash since her Oscar triumph, especially allegations that she tried to ditch the "Soul Train Music Awards" and that she demeaned "American Idol" as a mere "stepping stone." Page Six reported last week that Hudson tried to back out of the "Soul Train " show, where she received an award. "Why would they dog me out after I was one of the only people to show up on the show?" asks Hudson.

And as for her calling "Idol" a stepping stone -- to which Simon Cowell made a pointed and sneering reference on a recent episode -- Hudson acknowledges that she did, but says, "I didn't mean it in a bad way ... 'American Idol' is a stepping stone because had it not been for them, no one would have known of a Jennifer Hudson to call to audition for 'Dreamgirls.'" Hudson adds that she's actually met this year's "Idol" contenders and taped a segment with them -- all at her own request.

Hudson is clearly learning that getting famous as meteorically as she has ain't no dream, girl: "It's like everything I say referring to the show gets twisted around and makes me look like I'm being arrogant and a diva."

Check out the full interview at the BV Buzz at AOL Black Voices.

just asking

#10 and 13 are right on. I heard 2 interviews where she acknowledged AI. She owes them nothing other than Thank You for the chance. She did all the work. After America voted her off why didn't Simon's record company sign her??

People stop being followers led by the media. .. Do you vote for candidates the same way? What ever is printed must be fact or do you investigate and do your own homework and thinking? I'm really concerned about such negativity and slanderous remarks.

The ones using all the vulgar words be courageous and give your correct name and address so you can stand in court on your slander case. If I were Jennifer I would sue you #6.

just asking

# 34

To afraid to type the real word.?

I hope you never have the misfortune to feel hatred or be discriminated by any human being as you just did. I hope your family is proud of you. God Bless you

sp

I think she is very talented and thats what its all about not who ass you are kissing

monique

The Soul Train Music Awards isn't as exciting as it used to be and I wouldn't blame Jennifer if she didn't show up. She did and performed well. Give the girl a break.
She's had a lot to deal with over the past couple of years and all of the vile criticism is unnecessary.

TH

She's still an over-exposed non-talent, an ingrate and a hideous self-involved egomaniac.

Maddy

Jennifer's biggest mistake was to defend herself. Her handlers should inform her that answering to gossip blogs will only ignite the hatred. Most of you posting here hate Idol anyway. Why do you care??

BUNNY

JENNIFER JUST BE YOURSELF GIRL BECAUSE THE PUBLIC WILL CHEW YOU UP AND SPLIT YOU OUT IN A HEARTBEAT...REMEMBER WHERE YOU COME FROM NOT WHERE YOU BEEN....

Rob Lail

To all of you who are bashing JENNIFER HUDSON - search deep inside your souls
and ask yourself who you are really mad at - I am positive if you are honest it will NOT
be JENNIFER HUDSON.

Mrstyle

Sounds like all you people are just haters to me. Leave that girl alone and how can she ever be compared to the likes of Parish Hilton and Lindsey Lohan??? This girl actually has talent!!! Take all the awards away and she still have an AMAZING voice!!! Money and fame can't buy you the talent this girl has. She's not near a "diva" and if she was she def. has the talent to be one!

LThompson

These accusations are ridiculous and sound like sour grapes and envy to me. I have never heard her be anything but gracious and grateful (publicly at least) for her remarkable success story and the road that got her there. What’s wrong with calling AI a stepping stone?? That’s what it was for her. Remember, she wasn’t even in the top 5 that season. She gained exposure certainly, but had she won or even come in second or third, she never would have been available to audition for Dream Girls. It was one of those 'when one door closes another opens' moments.

She’s new to this publicity mine field. Give the girl a freakin’ break.

Linda

Hey, Jennifer - look at it like this. You've MADE IT, girl! As soon as everybody starts looking at everything you do, and twisting things around for the sake of a good story....that means you're a STAR. Unfortunate as it is, it seems to be true. You just keep doing what you're doing and don't let those who are jealous or just trying to get a good story keep you from enjoying the moment. You're not a partier and not somebody to go out and make a bad name for yourself, so somebody's got to do it for you. That apparently makes for interesting reading....at least they're talking about you. Your fans (me included) won't pay any attention to all that "crap" anyway. Best Wishes for all your future successes.....and God Bless! LK

Chloe

My, my... It never fails as soon as they build you up they try to tear you back down again! It's a vicious circle! I really hope Jen isn't paying attention to any of the HATERS including the ones in THIS POST. Jealousy hurts none but the jealous... green is a pretty color on NONE OF YOU!

She's got more folks out here that love her than not, didn't you guys learn not to believe everything you read?

terri

I wouldn't give a crap what all those people said about me. Go Jennifer Hudson, Oscar winning actress. Suck on that haters.

Caribbean Goddess

Jennifer, do not let these haters make or break you. They are going to hate on you because you are gourgace, bodacious woman that bares honey-brown skin. You are an amazing singer and you are very talented. keep your head up high and do not look down.

BoundtoHappen

Jennifer knows Clive made her get her ass out to the Soul Train Awards. She half-assed her appearance and her performance, which a real pro would never do. This is what happens when you get undeserved accolades and awards overnight. She's another Effie in the making.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments