PETA to Hard Rock: Drinking and Monkeys Don't Mix

3/21/2007 4:03 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has obtained a letter sent by PETA to the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas, warning them not to use live monkeys in the upcoming revival of "Beacher's Madhouse," featuring ousted Miss Nevada Katie Rees.
Monkey and a guy drinking a beer
PETA claims they have been "inundated with phone calls and e-mails from our members who were upset," concerning primates that will be used in the show, as featured in advertisements. PETA claims monkeys in Vegas would suffer from "being displayed in a crowded nightclub with deafeningly loud music, and intoxicated patrons will cause these monkeys trauma, stress, and unnecessary discomfort." Kinda like K-Fed does!

Another reason cited by PETA: "They harbor many diseases that are transmissible to humans, including bacterial, viral, and fungal infections. Primates who have been forced to live in artificial, substandard conditions frequently attack humans."

"Madhouse" creator Jeff Beacher tells TMZ, "I love all animals including the ones I hire -- I hire all of them through trained professional animal handlers, who also love animals and treat them properly and with care. I am appalled and insulted that they would accuse me of such accusations." PETA had no problem with the use of Katie Rees.

Marty Columbus OHIO

I LOVE PARIS HILTON!

WHATS UP KRISTEN!!

anthonysdreamgirl**

Not a PETA member, but I agree. Animals are not made for our amusement and entertainment. :-(

SCARTOWN

PETA needs to shut the hell up! They get too pathetic with their complaints sometimes.

celeb defense league

so very pathetic and stupid- like using live animals is necessary...what year is that loser living in? Would he subject his pet dog to this, I didn't think so. Get some freaks like MJ or Angie Dickenson.

KMART

WHO THE HELL IS KATIE REES?

cleveland1

#3 dont you mean janice dickerson, the has been supermodel?

KMART

PETA SUCKS MONKEY BALLS. WHAT MAKES THEM THINK THEY CAN TELL ANYONE WHAT THEY HAVE TO DO? LAST TIME I LOOKED THIS WAS A SEMI FREE COUNTRY!!

celeb defense league

LOL! That's funny-
was that Freudian or what? Yes I meant Janice oops please dont hate me Angie

Only in

PETA is afraid that Katie Rees will be having sex with the monkeys. Rumors are all over Las Vegas that she did this before with other animals. PETA is right when protecting animals from creatures like this Katie Rees.

Cathy

Well said #1 My contentions exactly!

Dave

Peta sucks. They don't even want people to have dogs or cats for pets. They want people to donate but the higher ups make upwards of 100,000.oo a year. And they will use famous people even if they have pets or wear fur just to use there name. And yes they pay them.

PETA BAD!!!!

Your'e Fired!

..............I hate Monkeys, I was bit in the bum by a monkey, Not a good memory...........

KMART

BUY YOUR OWN MONKEY ON EBAY........THEIR ON SALE THIS WEEK

tmz spreads lies

TMZ needs to get their facts straight - Katie Rees is not involved in Jeff Beachers show - just like TMZ does he is using her name without permission to aquire publicity = it is sad that neither can create that on their own. Both are opening themselves up to a lawsuit.

Tommy Boy

Jeff Beacher is a genious!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments