TMZ

Our TV Shows

Got a Tip?

Call TMZ at (888) 847-9869 or Click Here

Anna's Cause of Death Revealed

3/26/2007 11:34 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

After performing an autopsy, it became clear that Anna Nicole Smith died of an accidental overdose of medication.

Dr. Joshua Perper, the Medical Examiner for Broward County, just announced the 39-year-old former Playboy Playmate was taking a number of drugs, including methadone and anti-anxiety drugs, among others.

Anna did not take methadone the day she died, said Perper, but there was evidence she had taken it several days earlier.

Dr. Perper concluded that it was combined drug intoxication, including anxiety and depression medication, Valium, Ativan and antihistamines, that contributed to Smiths' death. She had also taken chloral hydrate, a strong sedative, which was a major component in her death.

197 COMMENTS

No Avatar

Previous 15 Comments | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14
196.

MEL    

You know, I cant stand how everyone has jumped on the bandwagon attacking Howard K. Stern. That man was the only constant person in Anna's life for over 10 years & its clear she developed a taste for prescription medications long before he entered her life. Why cant people just get over it- she was careless & ingested too many medications over too long of a period of time & she was an adult who made her own decisions. You try to help someone with an addiction however you want, but when it comes down to it, the person with the addiction is the only one who can stop - and most people in our everyday society still continue to be around the person they know with a substance problem, outta love, but yet they dont get blamed if the addict overdoses-so why is Howard??

2722 days ago
197.

DIANE WALKER    

Do you think with an Abcess, and a 105f for three days, anyone could actually have the strength to accidently overdose themselves?

2717 days ago
Previous 15 Comments | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14

Around The Web