Fire Threatens Universal and Warner Bros. Studios

3/30/2007 5:37 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

A fast-moving brush fire is burning high in the Hollywood Hills, dangerously close to both Universal and Warner Bros. studios. Thank goodness for the water tower.
Breaking News
Thick clouds of smoke have filled the skies over Burbank, Universal City and Glendale as firefighters work to quell the blaze.

The fire is burning on the other side of the mountain from the famed landmark Hollywood sign. Los Angeles has had a record dry winter, leaving the hills a veritable tinderbox.

Story developing.

TMZ_User

Quick RUN Hollywood's burning oh no

I'll rent the DVD when it's done

I'm melting! Oh, what a world, what a world............................

Dev

I was driving on Mulholland Drive and had to turn back because I was so scared. I'm so sick of fire. Like I was just at a crazy house party a couple night ago in the Hollywood Hills -- Paris wanted to get in, but we locked the door. Anyway...... everyone was doing coke and smoking Camels...... and this blonde "aspiring actress" dropped her cigarette on the carpet..... yep, more fire! I told the stipid bitch to walk down Sunset Boulevard and get hit by a car.

the wise old owl

Ah OH !!!

TMZ is located in Glendale. Let's hope the fire doesn't get too close to their offices over there. What would we do without our weekly dose of TMZ stories. LOL.

Justin

I work at one of the studios and can see the fire from the lot. I doubt the fire is going to jump the freeway and threaten Warner Bros or Universal... How Dramatic !

Neighbor

Is Paris safe ?????

bleueyes

Isn't is a funny coincidence that Universal needed to clear that brush in order to build the new townhouses and apartment buildings?

sheila

Larry Birkhead lives in Burbank, Ca.

Mayren

My hubby works in the Universal City Building down the hill from the CityWalk. They evacuated the CityWalk and theme park but so far everyone is fine. They don't seem
to concerned in the professional building. Hubby thinks that the traffic to get home will be hell but what else is new in So.Cal with lookyloos?

Snarksnarksnark

Hey! All of you who are in L.A., especially in Hollywood, please be careful. I would hate for something bad to happen to you or your loved ones. Your comments -- even the flaming ones -- make my day up here in Fresno.
P.S. Forgive us for K-Fed.

antiAMERICAN IDOL

I KNEW HOLLYWOOD WAS GOING TO HELL.

NOW I'VE GOT PICTURES TO PROVE IT !!

calibabe

the sky is sooo smoky over where i live. didnt know where the fire was til i came here.

Lady Hadenough

Here in Toluca Lake it looked as though an atom bomb had dropped the mushroom cloud was so big!! As quick as it appear, it disappeared!! Three cheers for the L.A Firemen!!!!!

Brenda

# 12 - by world peace THAT WAS A GOOD ONE ..... MY FRIENDS AND I ARE STILL CRACKING UP ......LAUGH FACTORY SHOULD HIRE YOU !!!!

antiAMERICAN IDOL

Osama Bin Laden finally SPEAKS ...

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments