J.Lo -- Jury Duty-licious

4/2/2007 8:34 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jennifer LopezJenny from the block fulfilled her civic obligation and spent Monday on jury duty.

TMZ spies tell us La Lopez arrived at the Beverly Hills Courthouse at 8:30 AM with an assistant in tow, and spent most of her time in the jury room text messaging friends. Although we're told Jennifer was really down to earth and talked to other jurors, at one point the prospective jurors were ushered into a hallway, while the pop diva stayed inside the courtroom with a personally assigned deputy.

Sources say the jury room was quite chilly, and after lunch Lopez returned dressed with a sweater and scarf and with a different assistant than in the morning.

At 2:30 PM word came down that the court case had been resolved and all forty prospective jurors, including Jennifer, were free to go home. Case closed!

J. Owen

Well, I'm glad she exercised her rights as a citizen and appeared for jury duty. She's a good role model for all to follow - make your money, pay your taxes, obey the law and live your own life.

Way to go J-Lo.

sk8rgurl

fascinating

guess what now

who paid for the deputy?

They about to get paid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

she makes a cute jury, I am guilty as charged,now I must go 5 years in jolo prison with sex months to do,but hopfully she will let me off with good behavior and of course probation,I must report to her every week

Starlitkate

Way 2 go J-Lo!!

elle

Please, normal citizens get out of jury duty all the time, not to mention serve on jurys . who cares if she hung around the court room all day so someone could run a story on her, just like this one; she just showed up for the photo op, anyway her hubby marc anthony makes all her decisions for her anyway, she'd probably have to call home and ask him if she could or should vote guilty or not guilty.

Kait

Whenever I go to jury duty I change my outfit at least 5 times and bring 3 assistants to read books to me during the down time.

joanne

Good role model for my daughter. A womans body image. Not stick thin and unhealthy.

ORPHANS IN UNITED STATES NEEDS JUST AS MUCH HELP , STARTS AT "HOME ( USA )

Out of all these celebrities , J Lo , is "the prettiest " lady ,
she's always well dressed . And seems like she's down
to earth , not a snotty person.

I bet she would be a good mom too , better than Brittany
Spears , but then again , you can't compare J Lo to Brittany
big differences . J Lo would be very responsible mother
if she ever had children .

J Lo , very lucky lady!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ace

I have heard that J-Lo might make a guest appearance on the internationally televised dance show that Michael Jackson and Paris Hilton are "cooking up" with the support of Amy Sedaris.

KMART

J LO, YOU NEED A GREAT LAWYER. CALL ME!

pam

Two sets of values. Hollywood & Americans. Maybe she will be on a jury for Paris's DWI.........oops! My mistake Paris got away with that as do many Hollywood folks.

YMMV

Way to go J-Lo! Thanks for doing your civic duty and not shirking it off.

shirliana

she always looks so gorgeous,,,, way togo j.lo...

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments