Opri Fires Back

4/2/2007 3:47 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Debra OpriDebra Opri has just issued the following statement regarding the legal fees she charged Larry Birkhead:

"One can only imagine from whom and for what purposes these stories were started. I cannot comment on unauthenticated documents which were disseminated to the media under suspicious circumstances, and which are covered by the attorney-client privilege. I can assure you, however, that all of the fees and expenses incurred on behalf of Mr. Birkhead were reasonable, necessary, and appropriate, given the complexity and magnitude of this very high profile case that was litigated in two different states and a foreign country. Out of respect for Mr. Birkhead, I cannot comment further at this time."

TrimSpa Baby

Well, now it's happened. The lawyers are now becoming part of the never-ending ANS saga! Debra is either pissed off at Larry for his firing her or she is hoping to get a piece of the action should Larry ever get control of ANS's estate! Initially I thought that she was the only attorney in the whole bunch that was smart. She should know that her legal fees statement would hit the media. Her husband's dry cleaning and $1,000 dinners! Now that is just WRONG. If she was going to stiff Larry for these charges at least show them as "miscellaneous expenses". Wow, that's just arrogance! After all this, she will not be a reputable attorney and probably will have to take low profile cases (traffic accidents maybe!???). HKS, Larry and Vergie would be better off representing themselves. I'm sure eventually ALL the attorneys involved will be suing to get their pay. It'll be interesting to see what's on the other attorney's fee statements! Yep, Debra just confirmed the reason attorneys have such a bad reptuation.

Debra

Go ahead Debra...show us the real bill? That's what I thought...this is your real bill. If it is on TMZ then count it as true! Larry may have wanted it public so he would be able to get some offers to help him pay for it. I hope someone steps up and helps him. I would not think negatively of him if he needed to sell the rights to a photo of him and Dannilynn. He has to do what is necessary to get Debra paid off. Plus...he has to start saving for his baby's college fund incase she doesn't get anything from the Marshalls.

X

that IS correct pro bono sure does mean free....

Just me??

Poeple feel so sorry for Larry..He should have known he could never afford a high profile lawyer like Opri....Always check your bank accout before you sign on the dotted line....He was depending on Dannilynn's money to pay his bills and probably still is. Why does he want this little girl so much.....$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ so he will never have to be a fo-tog-a-fer again.

I am so happy

I feel for Larry. This will be a non ending fight and meantime the little girls is there in HKS' hands being cared by that crazy doctor. I am very worry to have that woman around the baby, no wonder why the baby sleeps from 7 pm to 9 am (her mother of prime minister's babysitter said) More drugs??????????

Riley

Jenny Justice...who cares what Geraldo has to say. He's another headline seeker like Nancy Grace, Lisa Bloom, Greta Van Sustern and all the other flunkies at CourtTV.

All biased with their reporting

Maxine

Excuse me but you people are payin way to much attentin to opri--I am in great need of donuts to keep my ass as fat as it is! Thanks much!

EXWIFE OF A BALLPLAYER

Are you kidding. And we wonder why our country is so screwed up. She should get nothing and like it. She is a thief and so now she should know how it feels to be robbed!

Cindy

Godswrath...Biological father means a whole lot more than "legal father" especially when the man has been trying to prove he is the father since birth. It's not like he didn't want her from the beginning.

And...as far as Opri. I think she knows for sure that Larry IS the father and now see's this as a chance to get some $$$ out of it. She knows Larry wouldn't have that kind of money unless Dannilynn is his baby.

boy - cott this!

I bet she fire another staement after the DNA is released...she'll want some credit..bet she charges for that too!

Anya

The money grubbing in this case just goes on and on.

who cares?

lets all send her our drycleaning bills--BITCH

you're as stupid as you look

OUT OF RESPECT??????????????/ DAYUUUUUUUMMMM....I WOULD HATE TO SEE WHAT SHE WOULD DO TO HIM IF SHE DISLIKED HIM??????

THE WOMAN IS AND ALWAYS HAS BEEN IN MY OPINION,.....A.P.P.A.L,L.I.N.G....NOT TO MENTION A FIRST CLASS BIATCH.............

what ashame

COMMENT # 32 BY FOR HOWARD
are you blind or stupid?
how can you sit there with a straight face and say that HK$ did nothing wrong?
why else would he post pone everything?
if you had a child that some maniac was holding hostage and you thought there was a small chance that child might be yours, would you not do everything in your power to get that child away from a possible dangerous situation?
I just don't understand how someone can just turn a blind eye to the truth and choose sides like you Howard supporters do.
Anna's family deserve to know who or what killed Daniel.
how can you sit there and think it is okay for HK$ to post pone the inquest into Daniels death after what that family has already been thru?
they deserve to know who the father of that child is. they deserve to know how Daniel died.
and NO ONE not even HK$ has the right to take those answers away from them.
I don't care if your support Larry Birkhead or Howard K. Stern.
it is just not humane to put that family thru anything else after what they have already been thru after the deaths of Anna and Daniel.
There comes a time when a person has to stop being bias and just say enough is enough something is not right and this has got to stop because it is getting out of hand.
this child needs to know.
Anna's family needs to know.
Larry needs to know.

VIRGIE IS A HO

Shame on Ms. Opi! Unlike many others I thought that she was a strong, brilliant and media savy attorney for Larry. However I guess she's your typical attorney whore who has the balls to charge these outragous expenses in which Mr Birkhead wasn't present. Why would Debs hubby charge for his dry cleaning??
Unlike Mr Stern, I am sure that Mr Birkhead was very concerned about these legal bills and was forced to let her go inspite of the fact that it would hurt him!
Larry take her to arbitration and fight those plorable bills! IT'S EXTORTION!!! Shame on Deb Opri ! She has the moral character as Mr $TERN!!
VERDICT---Deb Opri -media and legal whore!!!!!!!!! As they say--walks like a duck, talks like a duck-Must be a duck!!