Opri to Birkhead -- I'll Hit Play, You Pay

4/2/2007 1:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Debra Opri was rollin' on dubs, and now she expects Larry Birkhead to pay.

TMZ broke the story over the weekend that Opri sent Birkhead a legal bill totaling more than $620,000 for charges that include fees for Opri's personal publicist, time spent at Anna's funeral and wildly expensive dinners.

But wait, there's more. TMZ has learned there are a number of charges in the bill for dubbing copies of Opri's TV appearances. For example, on October 4, 2006, Opri billed Birkhead $435 for getting dubs of seven appearances on Los Angeles television, including the 11 PM newscast on KCBS.

Were these dubs necessary for the case, or were they part of Opri's resume reel? You be the judge.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Jolene

Opri is as bad as Stern!!!!

Jenni

Absolutely ridiculous! Opri is a good lawyer but give me a break!

DW

Opri is just another example of bottom feeding lawyers. Doesn't the California Bar require pro bono work yearly?

Tyra

This b**** is mad because she got fired, so now she's trying to make him pay. I used to admire her as an attorney but now I realize how insane she is. I'm sure all this media coverage about the bill will make her back down.

B.

no wonder Jackson's are broke lol

Billy

I hope this b*tch gets disbarred for unethical behavior.

MrParisHilton

Can't see just go away.

Michelle

Debra Opri was annoying in the media, and is more annoying now that she's out of the spotlight. If I were Larry Birkhead, I'd take that to a grievance committee. There are definitely some things that she billed for that are well beyond the scope of necessity, and she deserves a reprimand from her state bar over this bill, if not her complete lack of competence. I realize that fee disputes are usually not handled by grievance committees, but she should not be able to get away with this. If anything, SHE owes HIM for the publicity.

Debri Opri gives lawyers a worse name.

KMART

hehehehehehe............cant pay his bill huh? larry wanna make a deal?

Bye bye Sam

Good grief! That is insane!

Marc

Wonder if she has a dub of when she said she was doing all this pro-bono for Danielyn?

bluebell

what a low life...she is going to make money from just being his lawyer for a short time...she is going to sell a book, movie and ect.

She needs to get with it. If I was larry I would tell her to kiss my booty!

Nikki

THIS WOMAN IS RIDICULOUS!!!
SHE IS JUST IN IT FOR THE PUBLICITY!!
Would any other lawyer bill for some of the things that she has billed for? Give me a break!!

uniformsformilitarypersonnelonly

DEBRA OPRI WAS NO "JUSTICE SEEKER" FOR L.B. SHE'S CUT FROM THE SAME CLOTH AS HK$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Lee

Larry Birkhead knew very well that Opri was a high profile, highly paid attorney. He's going to have to suck it up and pay her! I believe he is Dannielyn's father but he never should have parted company with Opri; she's a damn good attorney...SO, pay up Larry!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments