"A.I." Finalists Fuming Over "Sanjaya Situation"

4/2/2007 12:22 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Sanjaya MalakarWhile most of the country may have fallen in love with "American Idol" wannabe Sanjaya Malakar, there is one group that is finding his growing popularity a tad irritating -- his fellow "A.I." contestants!

An inside source revealed exclusively to TMZ that some of the remaining "Idol" hopefuls are annoyed that the vocally-challenged 17-year-old continues to advance, while other "more talented" singers get sent home. We're told the contestants are not-so-much mad at Sanjaya, but at the situation, which finds websites like votefortheworst.com and satellite radio host Howard Stern urging fans to keep Sanjaya in -- simply as a joke.

American Idol Typecast: Click to view galleryWe're told the "Idols" don't find it funny, since it's their future being toyed with. Our source adds that the contestants find it troublesome that they all work so hard to pick the right song and rehearse each week, but it appears that all Sanjaya really has to do to move forward is to show up wearing a scrunchie.

TMZ contacted an "Idol" rep, who had no comment.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Shea

It just isn't funny anymore. Get this stupid kid off the show and back into obscurity where he belongs. Cut off his phone lines!!!!!

Dottie

This may seal the shows fate. Next season the judges should be the only ones voting. America's dropped the ball with this one and the joke isn't even funny anymore.
I'd be pissed too if I were a contestant that actually had talent.

me

I would have to agree - Sanjaya NEEDS to go home. He is horrible and the fact that the GOOD singers are going home makes me not even want to watch the show anymore. That to me is bad considerring i have watched every season of this show.

RB

Pull the plug on this little drag queen.......please!

dave

The other contestants should realize that they are on a television entertainment show, not a real talent contest.

whynot

I agree, this isn't funny anymore. This years contestants are below standards (with the exception of Melinda and LaKisha). "Sanjaga" MUST go!!!!

igglefan

Wahooo......I sooo happy that this show will go belly up after this season......Will Simon really quit? Doubt it, but it will be like #3 said....Only the judges will be able to vote...

Dru

He needs to go back to the 7 Eleven he came from. I need a Slurpee dammit !!!!!!!

KMART

boo hoo, i cry for them not

George the Great

I am actually still finding this funny. Come on people, look at the rest of the field when it comes to result time. Only one or two actually has a smile on their face at the start of the show. I'm not sure why it rubs me the wrong way but it does. These moody little twits need to put on a smiling face whenever they are in front of the camera.

Phil McCrevis

Join the revolution!!!

Sanjaya for President

She was no different than any other former stripper still trying to make money off her body at almost 40

Sanjaya Malakar!!!! VOTE FOR HIM EARLY AND OFTEN!!!!

American Idol deserves this!

Brooke

Sanjaya should have been voted off AI a looooooong time ago! if I was a contestant i would be pissed off 2!!! if u vote DO NOT VOTE 4 SANJAYA!!!!

Your'e Fired!

.............................They should ALL Quit the show, WALK AWAY................................................

Brooke

sanjaya sucks on ice!! there are much better singers in the competion! this really isn't funny anymore howard stern!!!! but truly, i blame the judges for putting him through to the top 24!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments