Bonaduce:

'I Don't Want a Divorce --

This Sucks A$$'

4/10/2007 1:29 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has confirmed that Danny Bonaduce's wife has begun divorce proceedings. On the Adam Carolla Show this morning, Danny revealed that his wife Gretchen sent him a letter informing him that he will soon be served with divorce papers.

0410_bonaduce_gretchen-1
The Bonaduces, who met on a blind date, have been married since 1990. Their recent troubles and Danny's struggle with substance abuse, were broadcast on the reality show "Breaking Bonaduce." Danny confirmed to TMZ that while "Yes, this is happening," he says that it is absolutely not what he wants. "I don't want a divorce," he said. "This sucks ass."

Hollywood is splitsville: Click to launch photosAs for Danny's radio co-hosts, Carolla tells TMZ that these developments are not "over one incident."

Danny, for his part, will celebrate one year of sobriety on April 18.

A rep for the Bonaduces confirms that Gretchen has begun divorce proceedings. In a statement to TMZ, he says "Even though they still care about each other and their 2 children, Gretchen felt it wasn't a great atmosphere to raise the kids."

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Avi

Dan. Be strong. Come over to formosa - drinks and all on me. Forget about the bitch. Hipless asian women incapable of post-coital conversation. Trust me.

Just Me

Having survived a marriage to an angry alcoholic I have watched Breaking Bonaduce many times.... realizing what we must have looked like to the others in our lives. There is so much damage done by someone with these problems... just saying "I'll give you another chance" isn't realistic. Hell, telling them I'll give you just 25 MORE chances isn't realistic! Someone this sick will always disappoint you... A HUGE pat on the back to Gretchen for FINALLY getting herself and her CHILDREN out of this freak show situation.

Of course she's being friendly, helping with his schedule... 1) it's pity and 2) if she weren't helping him manage his life, the whole thing would be in the ditch... people like this can NOT cope on their own.

Traycee

It's sad that anyone has to get a divorce.

But, congrats on your one year of sobriety!!!

Terence

I'm sorry for his kids.

Colleen

At least he is sober!!! he has put his wife through alot over the years with substance abuse! its unfortunate however! someone has to be the stronger person.... I hope this doesnt lead him to use again! He has to stay strong to get through this one!

KP

Sadly, anyone who has watched the show should not be surprised about the divorce, just that she took so long to ask for it. Kudos to Danny for his one year of sobriety - unfortunately, it appears it came about 16 years too late.

I HAVE LICKED TOM CRUISE. TWICE!

WHAT TOOK THE BITCH SO LONG????

Judibabesiowa

I've been waiting for this. I love this man.............give me a call Danny. Or better yet, just email me.............judibabesiowa@aol.com

nickluvsjess

It is sad tht they are getting a divorce. But in reality it is probably the best. Congrats on 1 year of sobriey!! :)

Izzy

... and a partridge in a bare tree . . .

VideoSift.com

Come on, TMZ Staff. Adam even spelled his name out for you when you called in and you *still* spelled it wrong! It's "Carolla" not "Corolla" ('a' not 'o').

I'm kind of happy for Danny. Hopefully he'll be able to find a psycho (which is the type of woman he most desires) that is as die hard as he's always tried to force Gretchen to be.

C'est la vie.

Teresa Strasser rocks.

imanetter2

Funny, now that he has cleaned up his act, she dumps him.

brijett

I thought that they were going to make it.....I actually like him as a person, although he has but his wife through some crazy times. Congrats on sobriety!!! I'll be 3 years clean in July so I think it's great that he has made it to his one year mark.

mary

What took her soo long? its good that he is sober but he has issues beyond substance abuse.

pattie in cali

may they keep it peacefull, but who really cares? i saw this coming, DANNY don't go off the deep end, keep your cool, you will need it, dark times are coming, stay close to your friends,

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments