Alec Baldwin's

Threatening Message to Daughter

4/22/2007 4:05 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

An enraged Alec Baldwin unleashed a volcanic tirade of threats and insults on his 11-year-old daughter, Ireland, calling her a "thoughtless little pig," and bashing her mother Kim Basinger -- and TMZ has obtained the whole thing unfiltered and raw. And we've learned, a family law judge was so alarmed after hearing the tape, she has temporarily barred Baldwin from having any contact with his child.

Alec Baldwin Daughter Phone Message
After Ireland failed to answer her father's scheduled morning phone call from New York on April 11, Alec went berserk on her voice mail, saying "Once again, I have made an ass of myself trying to get to a phone," adding, "you have insulted me for the last time."

Switching his train of thought, Baldwin then exercised his incredible parenting skills and took a shot at his ex-wife, declaring, "I don't give a damn that you're 12-years-old or 11-years-old, or a child, or that your mother is a thoughtless pain in the ass who doesn't care about what you do." The irate Baldwin went on to say, "You've made me feel like s**t" and threatened to "straighten your ass out."

"This crap you pull on me with this goddamn phone situation that you would never dream of doing to your mother," screamed Baldwin, "and you do it to me constantly over and over again."

Before hanging up, Baldwin warned the child, "You better be ready Friday the 20th to meet with me." That's tomorrow.

We've learned that on Wednesday, Los Angeles County Superior Court commissioner Maren Nelson heard the tape and temporarily suspended Baldwin's visitation rights. A hearing is set for May 4, where the judge could permanently deny Baldwin visitation or contact with Ireland.

Calls to Basinger's attorneys, celebrity lawyers Neal Hersh and Judy Bogen, were not returned.

Baldwin's lawyer, Vicki Greene, told TMZ, "Whatever happened yesterday was sealed and confidential. What you're telling me you've got you shouldn't have."

UPDATE: Basinger's publicist, Annette Wolfe, told TMZ: "The voicemail speaks for itself."

UPDATE: A friend of Alec Baldwin's just contacted TMZ to say that the actor called Ireland last week and apologized for his outburst. The friend added that Ireland is the most important thing in the world to Alec and that he is frustrated because over the last six years, Kim has "tried everything" to alienate Ireland from him.

UPDATE: Alec Baldwin's spokesperson released the following statement to the TV show "EXTRA": "In the best interest of the child, Alec will do what the mother is pathologically incapable of doing ... keeping his mouth shut and obeying the court order. The mother and her lawyer leaked this sealed material in violation of a court order. Although Alec acknowledges that he should have used different language in parenting his child, everyone who knows him privately knows what he has been put through for the past six years."

Limo Bob

Kim Basinger is Vicious!!! She scammed me out of my entire business in 1991, and she has all the Judges in her pocket, Money is power and power is money to her, and she was up against money (Alec) he gave her a 6 year rund for her money, and she leaked their private life, and now ruined Irelands future!!! Kim is Sick! and what comes around goes around, every dog get their day, and now kim got hers, She looks no better than Alec, she would air her dirty laundry and now Only poor Ireland will have to be the one to be embarrassed in an extreme way. See KIM remember all the people you scammed over the years with your corporate giant friends and assoicates. God deals with people in his own way, if your good, good will be in return, when you hurt people and ruin their lives FOREVEr, you aought to be ashamed of yourself. And Alec, you need to take a chill pill, you and all your brothers!!!

LB

tom

It wasnt so much the yelling ,but callling your daughter a pig,,,common you no what people mean when they call a girl a pig,,,just a kid,what a moron,,,

Emily

In reading some of the comments from people that think it is ok to beret a child in that manner because you are angry and all parents do it, makes me wonder what else they think is ok to do to a child. She is after just that and children are not always as concerned with time frames as adults are and in as such should not be expected to stop what she is doing to accomodate an abesent parent who is obvioulsy more angry at his ex-wife than anything else and is dumping on the wrong person, his daughter who did not leave him, he left her. No matter how many times he says he is sorry, does he truly think she will ever get over it? Adults need to understand that children are just that........

asdfghjkl;'

Baldwin is an abusive Pig and anyone defending him should be investigated. How can you say a child is partly responsible? He is the parent and he should act like one even when pushed to the limit... What a Jerk I hope for the kids sake she doesnt have to see him until its her choice and guess what that choice will be ... When hes old she will leave him in the home alone - Lets see what his fame and ego does for him then. Shame on any of you defending him.

HeatherC.

There is absolutely NO EXCUSE for a parent to talk to their child like this! This behavior is absolutely outrageous and he should have his vistitation rights reduced to supervised visitation. This is abuse people! This phone call will stay with this child the rest of her life! It will damage her relationship with her father for the rest of her life, and could have an effect on her ability to trust men in the future.

For those of you make stupid comments like , "I have yelled like this at my child when they pushed me to the limit and they turned out fine", that is no testament to you as a parent. That is a testament to your child's character. Shame on you for behaving so poorly.

Loretta

It is very sad today that so many children of divorce are thrown into an emotional head game that is played by the mother and father. I am a mother of three daughters and divorced and I have encouraged them to call and receive calls but most important be respectful. My issues with my ex have nothing to do with the well being of my children and he will always be there father despite what I feel, a childrens love for a parent is unconditional so its best not to fight it and say hurtful things to your children . It is a very sad situation but one that can be so frustruating for the parent that is not there everyday and contributes financially and wants to emotionally as well and is shut down by the other parent ...If divorced couples can put there nonsense aside for the sake of the children there would be alot less angry teenagers which is what they become very quickly.

jennifer

I CANNOT BELEIVE HOW THE MEDIA IS TAKING THIS, TRY GROWING UP IN MY HOUSEHOLD WITH AN ITALIAN FATHER WHO DID NOT PLAY...THIS WAS LIKE SENDING THE LITTLE GIRL FLOWERS COMPARED TO WHAT I HAD TO GO THROUGH YELLING AT THE KID ? BIG DEAL !! WE GAVE MY DAD TILL TODAY NOTHING BUT RESPECT BECAUSE HE STILL DON'T PLAY!! THAT'S WHAT MOST OF THESE BRATS NEED TODAY, MAYBE THEY WOULDN'T SHOOT UP PEOPLE IF THEY HAD FEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

V.J. Turner

I feel there is no excuse under the sun for talking to one's child in that degrading manner! It is not Ireland's fault that her parent's divorce is filled with bitterness. Alec Baldwin had no right to take out his anger/resentment on his daughter and should do whatever it takes to make things right. The child, in any divorce case, is the victim. Level-headed and responsible parents would know this and do whatever it takes to be concious of the child's feelings throughout the proceedings.

Fed Up

And WHY is this news???????

nr

Just like every thing else in Hollywood this is being blown out of proportion. He was just very upset because he try's to keep in touch with his daughter and shes been blowing him off and that was obvious to any one who doesn't just fallow what the media tells them. Please people have a brain and think for yourself. What really annoys me about this situation is all the hypocrites. I know that at least 90% of the people who are criticizing him for this have inflicted much worse verbal or physical abuse on their children.

Jay

My only comment is regarding the censoring of the taped phone call. TMZ or whoever allows the "GD" to be heard loud and clear and then bleeps out the word shit... there is something wrong with this.

Kat

I canet believe he talked to his daughter like that,,when will people learn that berating your child and talking badly about the other parent only makes things worse for children..I went through part of my life believeing my father hated me because my mother said he didnt love me...this is just a taste of the abuse im sure Kim Bassinger has put up with since being involved with this jerk...Ireland is better off without this negative abusive parent..and anyone saying mind your own business in this blog...They are a hypocrite,they obviously read and commented on it too...tada

Helen

Beat a puppy with a stick serveral times and let's see if the puppy runs to you or licks your face of happiness. The puppy grows up and will pit off you face!!!!!

Adrian

I live in a totally different country where it's part of our culture that kids are disciplined once in a while. It may be that Baldwin was a bit extreme but we all get screamed and yelled at; it doesn't mean that our parents are bad. I wouldn't want any judge to take away my dad from me if he yelled at me. No wonder American kids are so out of control... the are treated like the spoilt little brats they turn out to be. It's time American parents take back control of there kids or there's going to be more incidents like Virginia and Columbine.

MsManners