Alec Baldwin's

Threatening Message to Daughter

4/22/2007 4:05 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

An enraged Alec Baldwin unleashed a volcanic tirade of threats and insults on his 11-year-old daughter, Ireland, calling her a "thoughtless little pig," and bashing her mother Kim Basinger -- and TMZ has obtained the whole thing unfiltered and raw. And we've learned, a family law judge was so alarmed after hearing the tape, she has temporarily barred Baldwin from having any contact with his child.

Alec Baldwin Daughter Phone Message
After Ireland failed to answer her father's scheduled morning phone call from New York on April 11, Alec went berserk on her voice mail, saying "Once again, I have made an ass of myself trying to get to a phone," adding, "you have insulted me for the last time."

Switching his train of thought, Baldwin then exercised his incredible parenting skills and took a shot at his ex-wife, declaring, "I don't give a damn that you're 12-years-old or 11-years-old, or a child, or that your mother is a thoughtless pain in the ass who doesn't care about what you do." The irate Baldwin went on to say, "You've made me feel like s**t" and threatened to "straighten your ass out."

"This crap you pull on me with this goddamn phone situation that you would never dream of doing to your mother," screamed Baldwin, "and you do it to me constantly over and over again."

Before hanging up, Baldwin warned the child, "You better be ready Friday the 20th to meet with me." That's tomorrow.

We've learned that on Wednesday, Los Angeles County Superior Court commissioner Maren Nelson heard the tape and temporarily suspended Baldwin's visitation rights. A hearing is set for May 4, where the judge could permanently deny Baldwin visitation or contact with Ireland.

Calls to Basinger's attorneys, celebrity lawyers Neal Hersh and Judy Bogen, were not returned.

Baldwin's lawyer, Vicki Greene, told TMZ, "Whatever happened yesterday was sealed and confidential. What you're telling me you've got you shouldn't have."

UPDATE: Basinger's publicist, Annette Wolfe, told TMZ: "The voicemail speaks for itself."

UPDATE: A friend of Alec Baldwin's just contacted TMZ to say that the actor called Ireland last week and apologized for his outburst. The friend added that Ireland is the most important thing in the world to Alec and that he is frustrated because over the last six years, Kim has "tried everything" to alienate Ireland from him.

UPDATE: Alec Baldwin's spokesperson released the following statement to the TV show "EXTRA": "In the best interest of the child, Alec will do what the mother is pathologically incapable of doing ... keeping his mouth shut and obeying the court order. The mother and her lawyer leaked this sealed material in violation of a court order. Although Alec acknowledges that he should have used different language in parenting his child, everyone who knows him privately knows what he has been put through for the past six years."

Stephen Hostetter

I know exactly how Alec feels about his daughter... It can be the most frustrating thing a man can deal with... My ex and her mother are control freeks were custody is concerned but let my daughter do as she damn well pleases which has made her a monster.. I never get to see my daughter unless she takes a notion to call me but if she does it usually to get something and visits only a short time... She has a boyfriend and has been on birth control ever since she was 13 .... She just turned 16 and stole the title to my auto and had her grandmother forge my name to get plates....
She lies just to be lieing and puts up a fake front just like her mother and grandmother have done...
My ex married a convicted childmolester and judge James Payne in Indianapolis refused me custody and let my daughter live with her new stepdad the childmolester...
I live in a woman ran state "Indiana" which is ran by women for women and also a repulican state which should mean they look out for kids...

jezzy34

The man is fed up with the bs he has to go threw trying to maintain a relationship with his daughter...and I personally think Kim is responsible for that..she should be ashamed of herself becuase every kid needs a dad and she has done everything in her power to make sure Ireland doesent have one....shame on KIM

Jess

Okay its horrible the way he spoke to his daughter, but come on, no child service agency is going to rip a child out of the home for that...I can tell you that child services, all they need is a roof, food and power, the kids stay...second, how do we know that there weren't other phone calls that preceed this? Why should someone's personal conversations left on a answering machine be all over the internet, you think this helps the child, Hell no. He's an a** but there are a lot of a**holes in the world. Now if he beat the child or something else, well that's another matter. People get angry and leave stupid messages, I think everyone has said something stupid on an voice mail, either angry, sober, or drunk...he needs help but pulling him away from his daughter isn't the answer

john

I'm shocked that the survey results attached to this piece show 2 to1 in faver of terminating Baldwins rights. Anyone who has gone through this would understand the frustration a father experiences. I have no doubt that there is an active as well as subversive attempt by the mother to alienate Alec. At the same time the courts support this with matter of fact judgements marginalizing him as a parent and for that matter a human being...of course for "the good of the child"

The entire system is absurd and arbitrary. The wealthier the father the easier it is for judges and politicians who make comparitivly little to give away money and parental rights in an effort to feel more self important. It gives them what feels like a victory in an era when they can do nothing else productive....again in the best interest of the child.

lil'bit

I cant understand why anyone would blame the child and call her manipulating. All she did is not answer the phone. Furthermore, Alec does have a history of verbal attacks, and Kim had no business leaking his voice mail to the press. Is that why he is always so angry? Because she tries to ruin him? Or, is that why she is so angry, because he is so abusive? Either way, both of them should be held accountable. Why cant they just act like adults and let the child be a child.

Tracy

While working in the criminal court system for many years I worked with a judge in family court who would never take the Bench unless two sheriff's/ bailiffs were present. It is the most violent courtroom in a court house. While I would never condone Mr. Baldwin's words, you must understand how parents push each other's buttons and boiling points are reached.

We, all parents, need to realize the impact we have on our children. As difficult as it is, ppl need to workout agreements with their ex-spouses for the benefit of their children.
In an age when far too many people are spoiled and take no responsibility for their actions
divorcing parents (and there are many of you) need to put their feelings and hatred for the other parent aside if only for the kids. If not, you will raise a generation of children who will treat your grandchildren the same way. You will always be connected to the child's bio parent if you divorce -- don't kid yourself.

TL

Whoever leaked that tape does not have Ireland's best interest at hand. How humiliated she must be for someone to add insult to injury by making the tape public. She is a victim of emotional blackmail from both sides. Shame on them.

Gen

All parents get upset and yell at their kids. Personally I don't see anything wrong with what Alec said to his daughter with the exception of him not berating Kim to his daughter. I think that we as the public do not know or understand the full context of what was said or the situation and it is truly none of our business anyway. This socienty is getting way too soft and nobody is allowed to say anything anymore whithout someone flipping out. Leave the poor guy alone and let him see his daughter.

Get a life

This kind of media coverage is pathetic. Consider yourself lucky that life here in the U.S.A. is so good that this is what people here have time to worry about..

monkeyhead

Are you people kidding me? I mean this is a cell phone voicemail. Why this even made it on the air or the internet is beyond me. We leave messages daily for people, and just because this is Alec Baldwin, it deserves to be broadcasted, that is completely wrong.

If this guy were a deadbeat Dad who neglected his child his ex would be all over him in the media as well. It is obvious, his Ex is using this as a ploy to undermine Alec, who she now obviously has nothing but disdain for. What a shame that people who were once so in love have now resorted to playing dirty pool and using the media in order to do so.

The fact that he lives on the opposite coast from his daughter and takes time from his schedule to call her (with a 3 hr time difference is commendable). He got upset that his daughter obviously has zero respect for him as a father and a human, enough to show him the common courtesy of taking his calls at the allotted times. I can't blame him for being fed up.

People in glass houses should not throw stones. Unless all of you who are insulting this man have NEVER spoken to another in anger, you have no right to pass judgement.

He wasn't even raising his voice in that message, it was plain to see that he was just upset with taking time out to contact his daughter and to be disregarded like that was hurtful to him.

His Ex wife is an idiot. I sure don't see her doing much in terms of a career as of late. Maybe this is a media ploy to trump up some work for herself and to get back in the spotlight which has since faded on her. Really sad to drag a kid through the muck in this mess.

Cat

Obviously Mr. Baldwin has demonstrated once again that he is mentally ill ..

LEE K

*******
The people complaining about an angry parent "expressing" themselves to an inconsiderate, rude child are probably the ones with the kids we see out in public throwing temper tantrums and telling you they hate you and you just stand there like a smacked ass and give them what they want. People get mad. People say things in anger. None of us know what this kid is like, 11 years old or not. I am sure it is frustrating and he feels like she, along with her mom, is making an ass out of him. Its really a shame when a parent has to be afraid of what they say or do for fear of having a child taken away from them, especially in a situation like this. He gets visitation rights taken from him because of his "threat" (ridiculous!!!) which for all we know was probably egged on by Kim or the bratty kid and there are people out there who have had DHS called on them for greater things and still have there kids...until they kill them. Then we hear: Oh, this was one that slipped through the cracks....its such BS!!!!!

beckster

Parents should be allowed to rear their children. When I was young I got yelled at if I didn't follow directions and I turned out better than most people my age! Children are spoiled brats who get away with WAY too much these days. Good for him for trying to remind her who is the parent! I hope he gets the opportunity to spank her too!

Devynn

has anyone considered that the time difference was HIS FAULT? she could have been asleep, she could have been in school. so the whole time thing is his own fault. but i wouldn't let him see her. not after that tirade! damn that's some scary stuff. she wouldn't "dream of doing it to her mother" b/c her mother is actually in the same state as her and knows what time it is! has alec thought about moving back to CA? it's his own fault that he has to fly all over the country to see his kid. he divorced kim, not CA, so all this would be easily fixed if he was in a place where having contact with his kid would't take a flight. but i still wouldn't let him see her. i'm still scared! and i'm not his kid! it's been documented for YEARS the temper he has, now we get the full affect of it. too bad it was on his CHILD! a CHILD! what the hell?! i just don't understand.......i really don't.......

Meg

This goes to show you how PC this country has become; it makes me sick! He was upset, sooooo the hell what! The way he was ranting it seems as though this is not the first time this has happened, and he was fed up. If he weren't a celeb, we would not be hearing about this. Parents scream when they're upset with their kids, especially when the kids are acting up. STAY OUT OF PEOPLE'S BUSINESS!