Another Pussy Picked!

4/25/2007 12:54 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The search for the next Pussycat Doll ended last night with the crowning of Asia as the next doll, but a TMZ source believes that this girl probably "isn't the best match for the group."

If you watched the show, you'll remember Asia's numerous Diva-like demands and negative interaction with other wannabe pussies. Although Asia performed with the rest of the Dolls at the end of last night's show, our source says that it doesn't necessarily mean that she will go on to be a part of the group; she could be cast as a backup dancer or singer, or could be setup with the Vegas Dolls show -- probably not something the bratty songbird will sing about.

Adding irritation for the new Pussycat: Our sources have revealed exclusively to TMZ that the show has been picked up for another season, although it's being denied by a Warner rep. For Asia's sake, let's hope she drops the 'tude and falls in line -- cause another replacement is just a season -- and litter -- away.

TMZ contacted a Warner Bros. spokesperson who told us, "Asia is absolutely a member of the recording group, not the Vegas lounge, and will tour with the group and record for the Dolls' second album."

slm

Chelsea should have won. She worked her tail off and was the most improved. I think it was decided long before the final episode. Wrong choice....their loss.

Melissa

I read somewhere that on the jacket insert to their CD it says that all vocals and background vocals are recorded by their lead singer Nicole. I don't have their CD so I can't check up on that. So....does that mean she is the only one really singing? I listened closely to them sing on the finale of the show, and their sound is remarkably blended given that there are now seven of them singing!! I think the group is all for show!

Stacy

I was so glad that Asia won and not Melissa R. Melissa R. came off, especially in that last episode, as such the bitch. Kudos to Asia, the single mother and the benefits it will be for her and her little girl.

I hope Melissa ran home crying to her mommy and daddy afterwards because with her comment to Asia about going home and be with your daughter, the bitch got exactly what she deserved.

Ya Think?

Exactly why DID they need another PCD? And why are they looking for another new one this coming season? Did someone quit? Or is Robin Antin just looking to create more than one PCD team? Asia should be a new choreographer -- she can teach the other girls how to make their fingers dance wildly on the mic!!!!!

LoveableL

I love the fact that Asia won. I think her dancing style will fit in perfectly with the other PCD. I am sure that behind the scenes there are things going on to help stir up drama to make the show interesting. Drama sells.

I (heart) Chelsea

The show is under no obligation to make Asia a PCD, if you listen carefully to the intro they say "for the CHANCE to become the next PCD" Yes I paid way too much attention to this show. Really I just wanted to see more Jonathan Antin

So Sad

I am still stunned that Asia won. Anyone who watched the show saw how she behaved and that she is totally not a team player. She is all about herself only. She would be the only diva in the group. I feel so sorry for the existing PCD that they have to endure her. I hope she is placed somewhere else. I was shocked that Chelsea did not win. She rocked the part from beginning to end. I just have to keep telling myself that Melissa R & Chelsea will also get some type of deal with someone - they are both talented.

So Sad

I KEPT TELLING MYSELF THAT IF THEY END UP PICKING ASIA THAT I WOULD NOT LONGER WATCH THE PCD PERFORM - ANYWHERE. THAT WAS HOW SURE I WAS THAT SHE COULD NOT POSSIBLY WIN. SHE HAS THE CRUDEST MOUTH & SHE THINKS THE WORLD SHOULD REVOLVE AROUND HER. ONE DAY HER DAUGHTER WILL GROW UP AND SEE HOW HER MOTHER SPOKE AND BEHAVED AND I BET SHE WILL BE MORTIFIED. PCD - YOU HAVE LOST MANY FANS OVER THIS. WHAT IN THE WORLD WAS ROBIN THINKING?

Kikie

Anywho, ya'll some damn haters. Asia was the best dancer that was on the show and when she performed with the pussycat dolls she blended in perfectly. Go Asia i'm glad you won. Oh, and you all complain about her fingers dancing on the mic, Christina Aguilera does the same thing.

P.S Ya'll get a life cause I bet half of you guys are nowhere near as talented as Asia.

kylie

Kikie how can you compare asia to christina aguilera? Christina is by far 100 times more talented then her because she can actually sing.

Frisco123

I didn't think Asia should have been the next PCD. She was too much of a diva and I could see her creating problems for the group. I felt like Melissa R should've won. I also think that the PCD should have a new choreographer. Those moves were jacked (per comments above) and not so crackin'. In addition, I think pretty much most of the PCD girls are uggs. The only really awesome one is Nicole. There are some girls that look like drag queens (which there is nothing wrong with), but the facials really frightened me. If you are going to look like a drag queen, look like a decent one, especially if you are a girl. That's double wrong, to be an actual girl and still look like a man. I would hate myself.

GO ASIA!!

People!! IT WAS A COMPETITION!!! I'm sure if you all was in a competition you wouldn't try to make nice with those other girls. Asia did exactaly what she needed to do to win and it obviously paid off. Yes her finger twitching on the mic is irritating but she has a strong voice and can dance her a$$ off. And for those of you who said her moves look stripper(ish)....just look at some of the PCD dance moves. Chelsea could not dance and Melissa R. was too worried about what her mommy and daddy would think. For those of you who claimed she looks like a man, look at some of the PCD...for example the one with the red hair! And not to be fans of theirs anymore, I'm sure you wouldn't be missed. Bottom line, Asia deserved to win. GO ASIA!!!

Vivian

Remember she is only 18. Melissa couldn't win because Nicole is the prettty head Asian (actually she the only one with a truly pretty face) and Melissa would have been appreance competition (not necessarily talent-wise). I guess her family will take care of her baby like they been doing. At least now she will be able to repay them financially. Hopefully she will do some growing up

Adam

I think all the girls were talented, so if any of them had won, I'd be happy. I would only have been REALLY upset if Melissa S had won, because she was not the best singer, or the best dancer. I was rooting for Chelsea mainly because I put an excellent voice like hers in very high regard--you're born with it, or you spend two decades training to get it. She was the least-experienced dancer, and that's why I couldn't see her in PCD, but in another group, or perhaps by herself, she'll fare very well--music is usually listened to, and not watched anyway. She was very classy throughout the show--editing or no editing--and I liked how her hardwork made her improve week after week. Oh, and she's extremely gorgeous--to me, the best looking by far.

Melissa R to me was overrated. I like her drama-free personality, but I didn't think she was in any way unique. No, not even in looks, where people usually are different. And I know she has lots of fans that will want to kill me when I say this, but she was a bit boring. In her interviews, I always found myself looking at the background, or at the chair she was sitting on, because to me she was really bland and did not command attention like Asia and Chelsea.

Overall, I think Asia was indeed the best fit for PCD. She has the voice--without the "gymnastics" she'd be lots better, though--and she has the dance style that fits PERFECTLY into the routines the Pussycat Dolls perform, so in my opinion, Robin chose well. She knew what she was looking for.

PS: the song selection WAS rigged, in my opinion. It made Asia look like a real performer, working the crowd and everything, and it made Chelsea and Melissa R look slow and boring.

myrna

I think asia did a great performence and i wanted her to win from the beginning she worked hard an earned it. I hope that she does stay with the pussy cat dolls because everyone has a time that under so much pressure you crave certain simple things (like a hamburger and fries) so good luck to asia and all the pussycat dolls

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments