Zombie's Plan to Slay at the Cineplex

4/26/2007 1:47 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

HalloweenPicture a movie theater packed with knife-wielding, masked maniacs -- that's Rob Zombie's twisted dream.

On his official MySpace blog for his upcoming remake of "Halloween," the rocker-turned-director is urging moviegoers to dress up as Michael Myers -- the film's serial killer, not the Canadian comedic actor -- when the flick opens in August.

He writes "Imagine the shocked look on everyone's faces when the lobby is jammed with Michael maniacs! Show the world that Michael is back and ready to destroy!" Creeeepy!

Come to think of it, everyone dressing up as the Canadian actor might be creepier.

NYC

I LOOOVE Rob, BUT...........................I dont think we need anymore movies w/mike meyers or jason or the guys from The texas Chainsaw Mass. movies. Don't get me wrong, I love "scary" movies, but some movies should have been left as the original with no seq. or preqels, does carrie 2 ring a bell ?? YUK !.

NYC

ooops myers

J

And that's why you're a NYC Yankee

This movie is going to be BAD ASS!!!!

Chrystal

I cant wait till this movie comes out. Even though the sequels/prequels will never be as good as the orignial that doesnt mean you should stop making the movies. These horror movies will always be a hit at the movie theaters.

Bobbi

I have no problem with well-made sequels, prequels, etc. I love a good horror flick! However, I don't think I can stand a room full of crazy people whose faces I can't see, running around with bloody knives...I'd piss myself! LOL...I think I'll wait until it comes out on DVD...yes, I AM a wuss, apparently...

Me

I think it's totally irresponsible to request such a thing. Expect at least one true psycho to take advantage of this situation. Stupid idea, plain stupid.

Danielle

www.lost.eu/401a4

Steven TylerAerosmith fan

Heeeeeeeeeeeello............
can you say, "Scream 2"????
Yeah, smart, some pyscho will be up in there, with a real knife, and just easily get somebody REAL good!!!! I don't think so!!!
Don't get me wrong, I absolutely adore Rob, but seriously, do we really wanna be "the one" who gets it???? I for one, couldn't concentrate on the movie, I'd be so damn paranoid!!!

D

Rob Zombie's movies suck! It's a shame he was given the right to remake this classic.

Sherri

Screw you D! Rob is a genius! The way he sees things for his films is brilliant! You're just jealous that you have no talent!

haha

I don’t like that idea at all. I would be so scared that one of them would be a real killer. Rob is a freak and only freaks and killers like him

D

Bootz from VH1's Charm School got 3 times as many comments as Rob's Halloween. I'd say that is a pretty prediction that his movie will tank.
Of course it would be a different story if he had any talent as a director.

Kuntry

I think Rob's an excellent singer, dancer, and artist- and whatever he does is tough! And all my family members have his movies.