Paula Abdul -- Consumer Confuser

4/28/2007 4:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has obtained video that aired Friday on QVC, and it seems that "Idol" judge Paula Abdul was having a little trouble expressing herself. Tongue-tied?

Abdul was attempting to promote her jewelry line, and seemed quite confused as to what the hell she was talking about.

Cinnamon

There were many times during last season while I was watching Idol when I got the impression that she was drunk. She was ALWAYS sipping out of that cup of hers and quite frequently slurring her words. She is OBVIOUSLY high on something, alcohol, prescription drugs....whatever, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that she has a problem.
She can deny it all she wants (like Anna Nicole Smith did), but anyone with half a brain can see that she has some sort of substance abuse problem.

QUINCYGIRL

I AGREE WITH JUZPASSINTHRU. I HAVE THOUGHT ABOUT THIS ALSO. MS OR PARKINSON DISEASE. SHE HAS REPEATEDLY SAID SHE DOES NOT DRINK, AND THAT SHE GOT OFF HER PAIN MEDICATION YEARS AGO. I HATE IT WHEN SOMEONE CALLS A PERSON A LOSER, DOESN'T SAY MUCH FOR THAT PERSONS CHARACTER. I LIKE PAULA, SHE SEEMS LIKE A GOOD PERSON-NOT A LOSER!SHE'S GOOD ON IDOL, THATS HER ROLE, SHE DOESN'T HURT OR ABUSE ANYONE AND SHE JUST RECEIVED WOMAN OF THE YEAR AT A BALLET THEATER! MAYBE SOME PEOPLE SHOULD READ UP A LIITLE MORE ON PAULA ABDUL AND LEAVE THE WOMAN ALONE. FIND SOMEBODY ELSE WHO DESERVES ALL YOUR CRITICISM.

Mia

In her own defense, she has said, she has NEVER taken "illegal drugs" or throughout her career, she has said NO one has seen her out partying in clubs.......

Yea Paula......

My sister never went to clubs either, nor was she ever addicted to "illegal drugs", neither....she did it all behind closed doors, addicted to Vicodin and alcohol...she too, thought that she wasn't a drug abuser, since they were prescribed by a DOCTOR.

We all knew she was abusing, while she kept denying. Finally us, her family, had an intervention.....which ended up with her getting treatment.

Everything was really good for about 2 yrs..she seemed to straighten out her life, got a real good job....her own place...was dating a wonderful man.....

Until the cycle began again......after a car accident.

She over-dosed at the age of 35. My sister left me to raise her then 11 yr old son.

Michelle

#2--Rawr--so anyone that doesn't see it your way is idiotic? If you find TMZ so offensive, why do you keep reading it? You admitted in your comments that she takes drugs--but she vehemently denies that she takes anything....so....your comments look pretty foolish!

SAY WHAT???

Dearest Rawr, Let me guess... similar sentiments when Rush Limbaugh was found out to be pill popping? Laughs.

ELLENS THE BOMB

JUST SHUT THE HELL UP ABOUT THE WAY PAULA TALKS!!!!!!
HAS ANYONE EVER THOUGHT THIS JUST MAY BE HER WAY OF SPEAKING. BUT SENCE ALL OF YOU CRITICS OUT THERE ARE SO PERFECT THERE COULDN"T POSSIBLY BE ANY THING WRONG WITH HER.

AND I BET MOST OF YOU DO DRUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SAY WHAT???

DeeCee when people take their ain medication for pain as their doctor has ordered they do not act like Paula Abdul. They do not slur, have trouble keeping track of their thoughts, or act insane. The pain merely goes away. When you have an injury and are still on meds 10 to 20 years later, you need help and NOT in the form of 50 vicodin per day. She brings ridicule on herself by denying she is drugged up (legal or not). She is clearly in trouble. Nobody on that show is going to confront her because some tune in to watch her go down as a human trainwreck. Sad.

Lainey

Paula has RSD it's a very serious illness. My friend goes to the same doctors Paula goes to. Some of the medications can make you slur your words and make you very out of it. Paula is coping the best way she can. Considering all she does, give her credit for pushing on regardless of a handicap. And yes it can be brought on by a serious car accident. My friend got it when she fell on the sidewalk and got terribly hurt. So back off TMZ gesh.

SAY WHAT???

re #22: Yes, that is the way Paula talks (when she is high). Pointing out the high who are in denial is not judgement from the perfect. Your last sentence is jibberish.

Troubled by all the mystery

Yea, right she's not on anything! She is definitely on something and some of her handlers needs to keep her off the air. She is an embaressment. I'm sure she won't be on QVC anymore, they don't put up with this and either she won't be back selling her crap or someone else will be showing it. I can't stand to see her jumping around flailling her arms and acting goofy. Her singing talent is all we want to hear not see the on screen person. She should be voted off AI, I would watch that show for sure. I only hope the VIEW doesn't want her, OMG!

rose

I'm not judging whether or not she is a good person. However, it is obvious she is high on something if not alcohol, then drugs. What I don't like about her is that she is a liar. She should be embarrassed to lie knowing that she is fooling no one.

Liz

DeeCee

If YOU knew anything about her you would know she claimed to be completely cured. She said she was living in pain but isn't anymore.

Now what's your excuse for her?

Liz

Some symptoms of RSD are excessive sweating and extreme sensitivity to touch.

Paula's isn't sweating which you cannot hide and she obviously isn't sensitive to touch. Her and Simon are always grabbing each other.

Drug addicts always make up something to excuse their drug use. She didn't act like this back in the early 90's. It's to bad she doesn't have anyone around her that cares enough to intervene.

If she has something like MS or Parkinson's then she should just say so and stop the drug use speculations.

ELLENS THE BOMB

#24
JIBBERISH OR NOT , IT's ALL TRUE.
MOST OF THE CRITICS ARE ON DRUGS

Moose

I thought paula has Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy a chronic neurological disorder. SHAME on you TMZ