Ellen: "I WILL Take This Lyin' Down"

4/30/2007 4:13 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned Ellen DeGeneres hurt her back over the weekend -- and it's so bad that she's doing this week's shows from a hospital bed!
Ellen in hospital bed
The bed will be placed center stage on Ellen's set. She'll lob questions at Ryan Seacrest and Lindsay Lohan from a supine position. Seacrest will appear on tomorrow's show and Lindsay will talk to the bed on Wednesday.

Ellen was scheduled to do a show on a Delta Airlines 767 later in the week. It was a big deal that was sponsored by American Express. But we're told that on doctor's orders, Ellen can't travel, so the trip will be rescheduled.

Ellen was also forced to cancel on a charity event Saturday in Chicago for the Make A Wish Foundation.

It's unclear how Ellen screwed up her back. She'll say on the air. By the way, her doctors will give the audience their official diagnosis.

Paul

awwwwwwww poor ellen! Love you, you lesbian sex god!

annab

Dottie

Ellen's a trooper. Get well soon.

Paul

#2 you turned out to be second best.

annab

ALRIGHT, SO I WAS SECOND.........

FEEL BETTER ELLEN! I AM LAYING ON MY BED RIGHT NOW WITH A PAINFUL BACK, SO I FEEL FOR YOU!

Mary T.

Ellen show so out does Oprah's....

jane smith

What's the point?

TJ

I can sympathize with her. When your back goes out it is excruciating. Ten days of complete bed rest should ease some of the pain...and a good heating pad. Good luck!

Amanda

If anyone can pull this off...it's Ellen! You go girl!!!

Cindy C.

Ellen hope you get better soon. I would go into DT's if you were not on. Just alittle FYI you are the only person who can make me laugh or smile after a long day at work (one exception.... my grandson Braeson). Please keep us laughing!!

my my my

In need of ratings?????

Jemima

So sorry to hear it. I have had back problems and I sympathize. Take it easy Ellen and get better soon.

callieH

aww ELLEN hope uu get better soon...
ur the best......and ur show is # 1 in my opinion.....
get well soon...

melina

Ellen, i truly feel for u . Just hope u don't have to have surgery. I've had 4 on my neck and 2 on my back and in my opinion make sure of the surgeon because the one i had got his medical liscences away right after my surgery. My life has never been the same so please make sure of your doctors. Which i am sure u will it is really worth checking them out. Good Luckand feel better soon. i love you your are by far the best.

Michele

I like Ellen, but will never understand that lifestyle. Maybe she has never had a REAL man!! Signed, Michele, Near the Johnson Space Center

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments