Ellen: "I WILL Take This Lyin' Down"

4/30/2007 4:13 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned Ellen DeGeneres hurt her back over the weekend -- and it's so bad that she's doing this week's shows from a hospital bed!
Ellen in hospital bed
The bed will be placed center stage on Ellen's set. She'll lob questions at Ryan Seacrest and Lindsay Lohan from a supine position. Seacrest will appear on tomorrow's show and Lindsay will talk to the bed on Wednesday.

Ellen was scheduled to do a show on a Delta Airlines 767 later in the week. It was a big deal that was sponsored by American Express. But we're told that on doctor's orders, Ellen can't travel, so the trip will be rescheduled.

Ellen was also forced to cancel on a charity event Saturday in Chicago for the Make A Wish Foundation.

It's unclear how Ellen screwed up her back. She'll say on the air. By the way, her doctors will give the audience their official diagnosis.

TJ

8. PERFECT FOR THE SNOBBY BI ATCH THAT SHE IS

Posted at 1:42PM on Apr 30th 2007 by bkd
=====================================

She is not a snob at all. We were on her show and she is just the friendliest person you can imagine. What makes you say she is a snob? Have you met her?

susan

They are getting the set ready now to tape tomorrow's show. Go to her website and click on Ellen cam. The chairs and table are already gone. Poor Ellen!!!

TEXAS GIRL

It never ceases to amaze me. Whenever someone is down out come the creeps, if you don't like Ellen, change the chanel. Ellen your show is great and from what I can see so are you. I hope you feel well soon, take care of yourself. Love your show.

Barbara

Ellen wish you well--take care of your self--think you are a very nice person!!!!!

Stephie

Ohhh poor Ellen.....I`ll hope she get well soon.Iàm so sorry for her,but its great that she does her show anyhow.

So get well soon you go Girl.Love ya Ellen.bye from Germany.

Great Grandma Angie

Feel better soon Ellen, you are my favorite entertainer!

no way

# 23 If you do not like her do not watch her! I think mommy and daddy really need to limit your computer time! It is because of people like you that the gay and lesbian crowd get a bad rap. None said you had to be her friend or even like her for that matter. I think you need jesus!

Nancy Logan

Hi Ellen,
You are the best! Don't let a little problem like your back keep you down!

no way

Holy cow sorry # 23 TMZ Must have removed the one I was really talking about! THere was a really vile person on there as # 23 before.

ELLENS THE BOMB

ELLEN you go girl.
LOVE ya lots
get WELL soon.

Denise

Dear Ellen I hope you get well very soon, we all love you Ellen rest

whocares

I like Ellen and her show. I just don't understand why she can't take a sick day or something. geez.

Monica

Geeezzz TMZ, what a lame photo.

Jeanne

Ok, Toots. Rest. I will dance for you. I tell the kids everyday, at 4.. "Mama has to go watch Ellen, when she called today, I promised I would be there for her" They believe I actually talk to you everyday. So what??? Wanna make something of it? And..btw, I am not all that hung up thinking about Jesus and such, but who cares if I drink a lil bit?? Jesus should forgive me. Get better my dancin' queen.....I will hold down the fort.

Jeanne

Yo....shout out to the haters....guess what??? There is a channel button on your remote, most often centrally located toward the middle....yeahhhhhh that's it.....now, there should be an arrow key.....ok, yes...you are doing great.....push, up.....or down, and yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.....lookie there??? I am so proud of you. Now, what 'cha going to bitch about? grab another twinkie, or donut, and figure out what else is wrong in the world. It is called.....America. Get used to it, or we will send you passport funds, to another country. Your choice.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments