Miss America Tempts Predators, But Will She Testify?

5/1/2007 2:18 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

There she isn't.

Miss America Lauren Nelson helped police nab 11 alleged sexual predators by posing as a 13-year-old online -- and actually greeted them at a "sting house" -- but now she might be wrecking prosecutors' cases against the suspects by refusing to testify against the scumbags.

Just today, in a statement to TMZ, Suffolk County D.A. Thomas Spota called on Nelson to cooperate with his investigation, but admitted yesterday to Newsday that one case might already be "compromised" if Nelson won't go back to Long Island to testify against the alleged predators. The D.A.'s office wouldn't specify what it might do to compel Nelson to take the stand.

The beauty queen participated in the sting op in conjunction with the television series "America's Most Wanted." The episode featuring Nelson aired last Saturday.

Late this morning, "America's Most Wanted" shot back, saying in a statement on its website that Nelson never said she wouldn't cooperate, adding, "We don't know why the D.A. would make the comments attributed to him without knowing all of the facts." Telephones at the Miss America Organization gave a busy signal this morning.

UPDATE: Apparently Miss America's had a change of heart. In a statement just sent to TMZ, Suffolk County District Attorney Thomas Spota says, "This afternoon, I received a telephone call from the attorney for the Miss America organization to assure me that despite the fact that we were originally told her schedule would prevent her from doing so, Ms. Nelson now fully understands her legal obligations. The attorney said she would be available to testify, if necessary, in the prosecution of those arrested in the recent undercover sting conducted in Suffolk County."

Brit Ate Paris

That's because she will be too busy on her back soaking up some fresh kid meat for her own orgasm. No time to get the pole out of her mouth to talk to a jury. Publicity stunt.

Mom

I think is is as just about as low as one can go
Yet your opinion be heard call email

The Miss America Organization
Two Miss America Way, Suite 1000
Atlantic City, NJ 08401
Phone 609-345-7571
Fax 609-347-6079
info@MissAmerica.org

Oprah

does it take that much talent to pose like 13 year old? what a moron! they couldn't find anyone else to do this Job?

Gus

She needs to get her A@$ us there and testify...

Tired and Ready for A Nap

She helped the police catch them ... but she won't testify? Oh, that sends a FINE MESSAGE to people. She has to go away.

m

Oh -- if Miss America can't help, who can? What in the hell is that stupid pageant about anyway! She should be ashamed of herself. She doesn't represent America in any way, shape, or form. Stand up for your countrywomen and men, you woos! What a woos!

djdw61

She helped catch these people and didn't expect she would have to testify? That makes no sense.

Kimmie

Don't these girls ask for world peace during their speeches and have aspirations of making the world a better place?! This is her chance to live up to it and she shoots it down cold. How could she dismiss an opportunity to save and protect children from predators. I guess sometimes situations have to hit home for people to want to make a difference. If being miss America is all about smiling and wearing a crown instead of trying to make a difference where you can... I say do away with this silly competition all together!!!

Truthteller

She IS going to testify. Some reporter just screwed up or the DA made some ASSumptions that he shouldn't have and made this young woman look bad. I still think it was a brave and good thing she did and I am sure after already putting herself on the line, testifying is no biggie. She has already said she wants to see it through so why is Fox News the only one with an update from both AMW and Miss America?

Oh My Gosh I BET U R FAT !

What kinda COMPLETE moron would think she looks 13!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yirmine snipe

Does anyone care about Miss America, other than a bunch of loser women that judge looks above all else and gay dudes that dream of being drag queens.

I just wish someone would start putting out Miss America sex tapes and put these worthless whores in their place.

Oh My Gosh I BET U R FAT !

She looks about 25 no way would she pass as 13.

Dummies!

Oh My Gosh I BET U R FAT !

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight!

Oh My Gosh I BET U R FAT !

LOOKS are more important than ANYTHING you fat moron! Only fat losers say,"It's whats inside that matters!"

I ONLY date pretty people life too short to date fattys

Whatareyoudoing?

Call The Donald. This one's on drugs too.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments