Anne Hathaway's Guy Sued for $55 Mil by Billionaire

5/4/2007 4:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Anne Hathaway and Raffaello FollieriRaffish real-estate developer (and ultimate Zach Braff look-alike) Raffaelo Follieri is being sued by supermarket billionaire and friend-of-everyone Ron Burkle, for allegedly taking $55 million of Burkle's company's money and lavishing it on, as court papers put it, "an unnamed actress girlfriend," who TMZ has confirmed is none other than "Devil Wears Prada" star Anne Hathaway.

According to the lawsuit, filed in Delaware Chancery Court, Follieri spent at least some of the gigantic money pile on private jet travel for himself and Hathaway, dog care for their Labrador Esmerelda, monster shopping at Prada and Fendi, and an executive chef, among other extravagances. The money was supposed to be poured into development of land purchased from the Catholic Church, which is Follieri's business specialty. Burkle, a fatcat Democrat, counts Bill Clinton as a friend, and was among recent bidders for the Los Angeles Times.

For Hathaway, the bad news about Raffaelo doesn't end there. TMZ has also learned that while Anne has been shooting "Get Smart" in L.A., Follieri has been spotted in NYC with an unnamed model for Roberto Cavalli, and that Follieri and his not-Anne were recently seen slithering out the back of exclusive celebriteria Waverly Inn.

Hathaway's rep didn't respond to a request for comment. In a statement on the legal matter, Follieri said, "We believe we have conducted our affairs for the joint venture successfully."

Gonna kick everyones butt!

I am so excited that TMZ is now apart of hollywooddraft.com. It will only increase the points I get for my celebrities, since TMZ has the best coverage and most up to date!

Whatareyoudoing?

I'll take Zach Braff instead. K?

Marty Columbus OHIO

PARIS HILTON IS OUR GOD......WE NEED TO GATHER HANDS AND PRAY!!!

HELLO KRISTEN IN COLUMBUS OHIO

Only swim in the Ocean

I don't think it is possible to spend $55 million on a girlfriend. There must be far more to this story.

ajays

Yikes! That's some lipstick.

tinkerbell

It's highly unlikely that he spent $55 mil on her. Unless he bought her a $50 mil house. anyways who cares.......

I WANT TO KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON WITH PARIS

SEND THE BITCH TO JAIL!!!!!!!!!

ivy

And I thought I was an expensive date.

JayR

Crazy! He's like a cleaned up, metrosexual Zach Braff!

(not that there's anything wrong with that...)

Cat

I agree with #6 Send that "Rich Bitch" to jail. Stop with all the special treatment

Matilda

Wait - are you telling me that is NOT Zach Braff? WOW - dead ringer.

W

She looks like Billy Joels daughter

joe

PIGS GET FAT HOGS GET SLAUGHTERED AND FOLLIERI CONSIDER YOURSELF THE BLUE PLATE SPECIAL

annab

yuh, this guy looks like he can be trusted.

Cristina

My mom just to be his housekeeper. He still owes her one weeks salary. He is a pig and am glad he is getting what he deserves. He is one big jerk.

Jane

Um... you might want to learn how to spell Anne's BF's name correctly...

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments