Baldwin Will Be a No-Show

5/4/2007 11:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned Alec Baldwin will not attend today's court hearing in which a judge will decide if Baldwin should win back the right to have contact with his daughter.

Baldwin's right to interact with Ireland was suspended after the judge heard the now-famous voice mail message the actor left for his daughter. A Baldwin source tells TMZ that Alec won't be at the hearing because the lawyers, not the parents, are the ones who will speak. The source added that Ireland is "of paramount importance to him."

Sources also tell TMZ Kim Basinger will be in court for the hearing, which begins at 8:30 AM PDT.

The Baldwin source added that Alec had a "great two-week visit with Ireland" back in March. After that visit, the source says Baldwin suspended his motion to hold Kim in contempt for allegedly interfering with his parental rights. The source says Baldwin suspended the motion as a show of good faith. The upshot -- he could resurrect the contempt action in the wake of what went down.

tinkerbell

This story is getting old. This is a family issue. It is between them.

tinkerbell

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Who cares?

I can't wait to see what happens to Paris!!!!!!!!

snoop

WHATEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

delphine

What does Ireland wants? Is it only up to the judges to decide??
Doesn't she wants to see her dad anymore?? Apparently he loves his daughter very much.
She one lucky girl!

Marty Columbus OHIO

PARIS HILTON IS OUR AMERICAN IDOL...LETS ALL GATHER HANDS AND PRAY!!

HELLO KRISTEN IN COLUMBUS OHIO!

Little Mama LOVES Big Daddy

Hey Alec... RESURRECT the contempt action against that low-life useless so called mother. She's the one that should never be able to see Ireland again.

Please God help her

OMG....HE SHOULD HAVE WENT TO THE FREEKING HEARING
HOW TACKY AND UNGENUINE
ALSO TMZ SLIPPING..
WHAT ABOUT THE HASSLEHOFF INCIDENT...
BEEN OUT ALL MORNING BUT YOU HAVE NO FOOTAGE..
ON THE FLOOR WALLERING IN SWEATY DRUNKENESS....EATING WHAT APPEARS TO BE SOME TYPE OF OLD ASS FOOD
NASTY AND SAD

molly

you think this story is old? the anna nichol is old and forget paris, i hope she does time.
good luck alec, we all say things to our kids we wish he hadn't and those who say they don't, and acting all higher then thou are a bunch of liars!!!
Good luck.

Standards are badly needed.

Was the suspended motion really an act of good faith, or a blackmail tool to use for future negotiations? This could be genuine, but also could be spin. It's all been deemed moot now, as a new template is needed for them both to move on in a positive way. The old ways were definitely not working. Dr. Phil will truly put them right if they both heed his advice on how to proceed in good faith.

Harriet

Some luckey girl??? I must have missed something. Money does not/will not make her lucky or happy. I was raised with money. I was NEVER happy. I was constanatly belittled by my mother. I never did anything right. She was an evil and emotionally ill person. She had to pick on me to make herself feel important. No amopun of doctors could fix her. My father was absent at work 6 days a week from 10A to 11P. He knew what was going on and did nothing about it. It was easier for him not to deal with my mother. My hero. :(

I still (many, many. many years later) have emotional scars from her behavior. It is hard for me to trust anyone. Depression can be an issue. I have been very successful in my career life. But in the quiet of my mind and heart I often feel lost and isolated. My husband is my best friend. Thank God for him.

Alec Baldwin vented his rage at his daughter. I doubt that this is the first time for this type of behavior. It is my heart felt opinion that he should be kept away from his daughter until she is older and better able to deal with him.

He is the object of his own parental alienation. He needs anger management (I doubt that will help) and he needs to grow up. He was probably the school yard bully when he was 10. People like him rarely change.

Clinton

Very obviously, the "caring" parent is the one who BOTHERED to be in court today. Saying you care, and actually caring, are two very different things.

Harriet

Lee, I agree with you about the caring parent being in court.

Harriet

One more thing: Alec's lawyers probably told him to stay out of court today for fear of how he would act. Maybe have another temper tantrum.

TH

Better that Baldwin not be in court, since his ex, who probably leaked the taped message, would be antagonistic. Besides, if the lawyers will be doing all of the talking, there's really no logical reason for either to be present. Baldwin is making the correct move.

tinkerbell

They need to post something interesting cause i am VERY bored at work!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments