Paris -- I'm Not Above the Law

5/9/2007 4:39 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Paris Hilton has issued the following statement through attorney Richard Hutton:

"After reading the media's coverage of my court hearing, I feel the need to correct what I believe are misperceptions about me. I absolutely realize how serious driving under the influence is. I could not live with myself if anyone was injured or killed while I was driving while impaired. Clearly, no one should -- no matter how slightly.

I am ready to face the consequences of violating probation.

No one is above the law. I surely am not. I do not expect to be treated better than anyone else who violated probation. However, my hope is that I will not be treated worse."

Angelinaisanass

I wish people would concentrate on something else besides this witch hunt. She shouldn't have driven that night after drinking - But, her other offenses DID NOT involve alcohol, she did not ever drink and drive again, and I REALLY do believe her when she says she didn't know it was still suspended. I really hope she doesn't get the 45 days. This is ridiculous!

Katie

JayBee

WOW Hutton is fabulous. He should be a PR guy!

ME

Wow that was good, I wonder how much she paid someone to write that for her...

Finally exposed - shes a wierdo

Damn...now I've seen everything. Paris Hilton acting in a responsible manner? It must be her attorney. He must have told her what a publicity disaster she was creating for herself. If I ever get in trouble, I'll think of hiring him...

Joe

Damage control!!! The only thing that I've heard out of HER mouth is excuses. This is clearly written by some slick lawyer who understands that with current public opinion, she will NEVER get out of jail time. I want to see HER say these things outloud, she clearly has the opportunity to do so everytime she leaves the house. Stay on this one TMZ!

lala

PARIS WE LOVE YOUU BABYY!!

im here for you

simplyme1233 at hotmail

Leeston

Paris? Are you kidding! If that would've happened to me I probably would've had 12 years in Jail! Think twice the next time your drinking and driving! Love ya otherwise though!

~Leeston

Kat

I just think that she has been so used to getting everything she wants... that this was all a shock to her! Hopefully she'll be able to do her 45 days with ease & she'll be able to learn from her mistakes.
I wish Paris all the BEST!

michelle

Wake up and smell the prison sheets! By asking for your 'loyal fans' to help and sign a petition you clearly think you are above the law. And who the hell said you have done "so much for the world and you are a great role model?" What , by showing our young girls that being a whore is a great justice to the world? Maybe your prison roomies will show you some manners. If not your momma should put you in ettiquette classes. She could go too!

tuna marie

isn't she dead yet?

tiana

Good for you Paris, Hang in there!

Dave

45 days will be over before she knows it. Just shut up and do your time. They already said she is getting a better cell then the normal jailbirds do.

Nyte Tyger

Nice quote from the new attorney. Too bad Paris and her parents didn't feel that way prior to hiring the new suit to represent her.

Perhaps a whiff of the new wind blowing that is encouraging people to boycott the Hiltons hotels is what changed her mind?

Too bad we can't vote for how long to throw her in jail for, I think she wouldn't see the light of day for many, many moons.

paige

She is scared, and that is good, she should be. I hope she learns a lesson..like maybe she should act so perfect and blonde!

lala

Leave this poor girl alone! She does not deserve this! Shes so sweet, im sorry Paris, you don't deserve this!