Ellen --

'She's Gay?!'

5/11/2007 5:49 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

rosiemouth-1In a long video post on her blog, Rosie O'Donnell claims fellow out lesbian Ellen DeGeneres is not allowed to talk about anything "gay, gay gay!" on her daytime talk show. Mum's the L word?

In her video, Rosie claims Ellen signed a contract that forbids her to mention anything to do with gay issues, adding, "I talk about 'gay' because I like to and she doesn't talk about it because she doesn't want to or she can't."

TMZ contacted a rep for Telepictures, producers of "The Ellen DeGeneres Show," who jokingly said "She's gay? Who knew?" The rep then added that this is completely untrue, and that they have no such contracts with any of their hosts, saying,"Ellen is free to talk about whatever she wants and we encourage her to do so."

On an episode this week, Ellen joked about being able to stand upright following her recent back injury, saying, "I'm not quite straight. Well, you know that."

In 1997, Ellen publicly came out of the closet in a groundbreaking episode of her ABC series, paving the way for hit gay-themed TV shows like "Will & Grace" and "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy."

TMZ is a joint venture between AOL and Telepictures, which produces "The Ellen DeGeneres Show."

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

c

shut up Rosie! Just shut up!

Kandy Fish

Is Rosie just going around to everyone to pick a fight, my gawd women enough already lolol

jen

Another case of Rosie O'Donuts not knowing what the hell she is talking about!!

Whatareyoudoing?

Rosie- you're too needy.

poohonyougolddiggin ^&^%^%%$

ROSIE ROSIE ROSIE.. RAN OUT OF PEOPLE TO FIGHT WITH.... NOW YOU ARE GOING FOR YOUR OWN!!!! ELLEN DOES NOT HAVE TO TALK ABOUT LIKE YOU DO...EVERYONE KNOWS SHE IS GAY SHE JUST DOESNT NEED PUBLIC EYE ON TV LIKE YOU DO... THERE ARE OTHER THINGS TO TALK TO ON TALK SHOWS OTHER THAN YOUR GAY LIFE BIATCH

jc

I'm guessing the truth is somewhere in between. Ellen certainly rarely uses her show as a sounding board for gay issues, though she did have T.R. on during the whole controversy...

butweiner

Why does Ro think that she has to stick her big fat ass into everyone's biz?????? Just shut up for a while, will ya??

HATE DRUNK DRIVERS

Here we go AGAIN.... right when you thought things were cooling down with Rosie's stupid rants......she starts another!!!

ohnoudient

Rosie acts like she just found out she's gay. wtf? Go away already....

DOM

Rosie is just jealous that Ellen is a good looking gay person and she is just big mouthed, fat and disgusting. I can't wait for Rosie to be off of tv. I pray that she doesn't get her own show.

Karen

Everything does not have to be about being Gay!! Now you can see why all those churches are protesting your presence on your cruise. Shut UP already!!!

jProud American Author

I love Ellen. She know who she is and doesn't have to throw her being gay in our face. So what? She is gay. We just enjoy the show. We don't need to hear about her sex life. I am straight and people don't need to know about my life. Ellen is smart. She just is who she is. She is not insecure like Rosie. She doesn't talk crap about everyone like Rosie. I feel sorry for Rosie. She is a mess and needs help.

Ellen rocks. Thank you for being who you are without shoving it down our throats. Thank you for letting people understand that being gay is only just that...a private lifestyle. We know it and except it. okay.

Rosie, please grow up. Shut up. So glad that you are leaving The View. Do something good for others. Rosie has misplaced passion. It's all anger, resentment and personal trauma wit Rosie.

GO ELLEN! GLAD YOU ARE FEELING BETTER! I LOVE YOU! THANK YOU FOR THE ENTERTAINMENT AND NOT ALL THE BS THAT THE VIEW SPURNS.

Kait

Oh Rosie. Talking without the facts again. Why would she attack someone for not talking about their sexual orientation every single day? We all know that Ellen is gay. All of Rosie's "feuds" are just comical at this point. She has totally discredited herself with her behavior.

poohonyougolddiggin ^&^%^%%$

THIS IS WHY ELLENS SHOW IS MAKING IT...SHE DOES NOT GET INVOLVED IN OTHER PEEPS LIFE LIKE YOU ...YOU BIG COW MOO FACE ROSIE AND I BET YOUR BUTT DONT SMELL TO ROSIE EWEEEEEEEE

enough already

I used to like Rosie before she came out. Not because she came out, but because she became obnoxious about being gay. Everything is about being gay and everyone else is wrong. She's "Gay Rosie" I liked Ellen before she came out and still love her. The difference is Ellen's personality has never changed, she lives her life just like everybody else, straight or gay. She's just "Ellen". Rosie is picking on her because alot of people feel the same way I do. She's jealous that people like Ellen whether she is straight or gay.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments