Andre 3000 -- Weirdo in Real Life

5/15/2007 11:12 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

If you thought Andre 3000's crazy ass get-ups were just an act -- think again.

TMZ spotted the artist in a Tom Sawyer inspired outfit, during a shopping spree in West Hollywood yesterday. Dre, aka Andre Lauren Benjamin, acted like everything was normal as he browsed the shelves of Kalologie, a beauty and skincare shop, sporting a large straw hat, suspenders and rolled up jeans. He was not the Model Boy of the village.

Authentic, yes, but last time we checked, Sawyer didn't have a Bluetooth.

Brian JC Osborne

Eccentricity is not, as dull people would have us believe, a form of madness. It is often a kind of innocent pride, and the man of genius and the aristocrat are frequently regarded as eccentrics because genius and aristocrat are entirely unafraid of and uninfluenced by the opinions and vagaries of the crowd.

newsjunkie

I LOVE ANDRE 3000......BUT I DONT THINK HE LIKES HIS FANS......

BOOO HOOOOO

Tangie

This is not "Normal" ? What exactly is wrong with a straw hat??!! TMZ reporters are just silly, and absurd. Oh, and I love having to watch commercials on my computer.

Leeston

Andre is one of the coolest celebs though out there! I've talked with Andre a couple of times in ATL. Wear what ya want man!

butterflykisses

I think Andre has his own style, and although it can be odd at times, at least he doesn't look like he just rolled out of bed to go shopping in a nightgown and cowboy boots (cough cough...Britney...cough cough). He is always clean, pressed, and well groomed.

concerned citizen

I KNEW THAT CRAZY BRITNEY WOULD START A NEW HILLBILLY TREND.

DAMN IT TO HELL!!!!

Fred Flintstoned

He got style....maybe extreme at times but still interesting. He's cool....Saw him in the mall and he spoke to me before I had a chance to speak...

Patnic

TMZ you guys going around making fun of everybody. TMZ you guys are dangerous. You make me real glad I'm not a celebrity.

Jennifa O Jenny

DAMN! Why so harsh on Andre 3000! I think it's great he has his own sense of style and it's funky - what 'cha know about p-funk anyway?

FINALLY TMZ finds somebody else to write about other then britney and paris and they waste it by doing something stupid like this on Andre.

Kennedy

We know Andre has his own style and obviously cares about his skin. No story here, but I like people and celebrity watching, so thanks TMZ. Next time think of a better caption.

tisheepoo

Leave him alone! His style is just different... I like it! So back off TMZ. Why don't you keep to making fun of wigs and wrinkles.

Jennifa O Jenny

TMZ is just trying to be more like Perez Hilton. Unfortunately they can't pull off the caddy queen act quite as well.

blair

Andre is a Gemini, Gemini's are unique!!

luvmyblakmen

YES ! Thank God some1 else is on TMZ ! For a minute I thought you forgot about other celebs ! TMZ, note : there's not just blondes in LA Galaxy ! Andre is just doin' Andre..Brit copied HIm tee Hee..poor Brit,should of hired that b*tch that Nic fired instead of being Dre's twin...

luvmyblakmen