Andre 3000 -- Weirdo in Real Life

5/15/2007 11:12 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

If you thought Andre 3000's crazy ass get-ups were just an act -- think again.

TMZ spotted the artist in a Tom Sawyer inspired outfit, during a shopping spree in West Hollywood yesterday. Dre, aka Andre Lauren Benjamin, acted like everything was normal as he browsed the shelves of Kalologie, a beauty and skincare shop, sporting a large straw hat, suspenders and rolled up jeans. He was not the Model Boy of the village.

Authentic, yes, but last time we checked, Sawyer didn't have a Bluetooth.

brown recluse

ANDRE IS A GEMINI! GEMINIS HAVE THIS STYLE ABOUT THEMSELVES TO STAND OUT AND BE THEIR OWN PERSON(yes, i'm a gemini too! and proud)IT'S HOW WE ARE. WE DON'T KNOW WHY WE JUST WANT TO BE THE OPPISITE OF EVERYBODY ELSE! I CAN DIGG IT! WE ARE VERSITILE, CREATIVE, AND CAN BE TWISTED IF SOMEONE CROSSES US WRONG! GO 3000,DO YOU!---and the bluetooth is in.

Aford

I absolutely love this man and have nothing but respect for him . He is very musically talented, and you cant help but admire someone who isnt afraid to be themselves and not worry about what people think. I think we could all learn a lesson from this man!

FateL

www.TheUrbanBlock.Com
You Hear Hip-Hop, We Live Hip-Hop
www.TheUrbanBlock.Com/Forum

Cool

BIG

DEAL!

I'm drunk

hmm., this Bartles and James inspired look is making me crave a wine cooler.

MIKE

I bet the paparazzi who took this has worn the same pair of pants at least 3 times this week. What's gives you the nerve to speak out about anyones wardrobe TMZ. I have seen Harvey Levin on TV plenty of times and he is never this sharp.

Lee Peterson

We lived in the same apt. community in the Valley and he is a really nice human being.

E-DUB

HE IS THE GREATEST RAPPER OF ALL TIME!!!!!!!!!! LISTEN TO HIS LYRICS AND DELIVERY. HE'S A CLEAR CHOICE! KNOW ABOUT IT!!!!! I can give a damn what he is wearing. He's drug and alcohol free and a free spirit. That doesnt fit well into the whole self-destructive, overmasculine and over materialistic hip-hop standard. His lyrics are honest, clever and clear and yes I am his keeper. I'll give evidence to anyone that thinks he is anything less than the greatest rapper; musical references.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2