Jerry Falwell 1933 - 2007

5/15/2007 6:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Party 'till you die!

And now a few words on my take of Karma. I believe in Karma to a degree. I think it has to do more w/ the law of averages than anything else tho. If you continue to have bad intentions and actions, then you are very likely to have repeated bad outcomes. The same is true w/ good intentions and deeds.
When I was younger, I was very upset about my parents divorce and being displaced from Hawaii to Arizona. I often used to go out and shoot birds w/ my BB gun to get my aggressions out. It was a very bad practice that I am ashamed of! This bloodlust continued until I was diverted by other interests like hiking, rock climbing, and motocross in my high school years. I was a crack shot and probably missed a violent calling as a world class sniper ( I was holding my breath during shots and went into a kind of trance mode). No killing, or hunting took place after that.
Several years ago, a baby Inca dove fell into my patio, which was surrounded on all sides by high walls. I noticed this bird was very weak and obviously dehydrated form it being about a 105 degrees that day. What to do? Let the bird slowly die an agonizing death, hope a feral cat painfully ended its' suffering, or somehow help this bird to survive. I decided to take the bird in and dip its' beak in water ( doves are the only birds that can sip like a straw and don't need the head tilt to get things done). The poor, terrified bird refused for several minutes to drink, but once she did, she drank voraciously. I did my best to focus on being calm in my thought and actions as I possibly could be and I really think this began to calm the bird down. It seemed to sense I wasn't trying to kill it after a while. I then researched how to hand feed baby birds ( Google is Awesome!), particularly doves. Ok, the egg/milk bread wouldn't work, because doves don't tolerate milk very well. I picked up some baby bird powder that would do the trick after a quick search. There was a big learning curve to learning how not to kill her during feeding, but I figured it out eventually. Soon she slowly began to feed. Remember tho, babies of any require Great Vigilance to pull it off correctly!
I was unable to sex her, because Incas are very difficult to determine from looks alone. I named her an androgynous name of Dovely. I only learned she was female when she laid her 1st egg months later. Dovely soon imprinted heavily on me and couldn't stand it when I was not directly touching her. She craved attention and displayed all of the signs of me being a large, pinkish tan parent dove! Soon came the time when she was old enough to safely be released and I thought that being a wild bird, she would relish this moment, she didn't. She sat on my porch and refused to fly away. Cats being a problem, I was forced to take her back in. I also knew that I did not have the proper permits to raise a wild bird, so this was a concern as well. Dovely soon became a part of my life as well. I could tell she was lonely, so eventually I bought a HUGE ferret cage and got 3 diamond doves who I named Mit, Su, and Bishi ( it means 3 diamonds in Japanese). They all seemed to get along, but it took the other birds a while to trust me, as they were not hand raised like Dovely. I now see them act as a large extended family, where the females actually helped each other sitting on eggs and just being around each other. I even noticed Mit ( my male) crop feed Dovely while she was in the nest- even tho they did not ever try to breed w/ each other. Kinda touching.
Well, the next thing I knew, doves are like rabbits, they breed like crazy. It's what they do and they are very good at it! I soon had 2 more birds, Niblet and Giblet. They are brother/sister, but they soon became a mating pair. Other doves followed, so I soon found my self dealing w/ a kindly lady who bred doves- so now the extras go to her. She treats all her birds with total devotion and doesn't sell to people, so I'm satisfied .Bishi #1 did die from 'egg lock', so she was replaced by Bishi #2, a male offspring of Nib and Gib.
Now here's the cool part. The doves are very happy now and I have 2 cages to allow Mit and Su some privacy an to avoid 'squab squabbles'. Everything is going great and I actually have the cage doors open, so they can explore and get some exercise. Dovely is the sweetest and most loving animal I have ever had ( among cats, dogs, rabbits, ect- in my past). She is looking at me from on top of one of my speakers that they all seem to like congregating on. Dovely is a bit nervous around some people, since a teen age girl ( my buddy's step daughter) accidentally pulled off her tail feathers one time, but she LOVES Me! I can see how they react to different people's energies and actions. They are not incredibly smart like parrots, but they are very good at being doves! Anyway, about a week ago, I was holding Dovely as she was moving very slowly from being close to laying her remaining egg. She is usuall

married with children

Lots of interesting dialogue going on here.

married with children

Since I am new to this site, Seeks Peace, I haven't had a chance to read all of your posts, but I sure do like the ones about you being close to animals. I haven't had the opportunity to get close to any birds, but I think they are so beautiful

Party 'till you die!

Carol, I think you jumped in during a slow moment. There are just a few of us left, but when we are all here, the gloves can quickly come off! It's still going, but it's nice to have a new player on board! Welcome! I'm glad you enjoy my bird post, as I did not think many people would see its' relevance. So, how do you feel about Mr. Falwell's passing?

married with children

Hello. It has been awhile since I posted here, but it looks like the conversation is still continuing, but with a lot of issues being discussed. This place has really turned into a "thinker". I was viewing a video yesterday that wasn't very flattering about Jerry Falwell, and I kind of wondered if any of you have seen it, and if you think it is true.

married with children

That's the one! I think someone posted it here, but I was over to a buddy's house and he had it on his computer. It was kind of wild, huh? Can't quite figure him out. Do you think he just kept making off the cuff remarks, or mispoke himself besides all the emotional dialogue he engaged in? I ask that because whenever he was interviewed about his remarks, he had a different tone.

Party 'till you die!

Anyone care to post their views, pro or con, to Falwell? Man, it's quiet here! Where's Lenny? I need to hear some good counter views! Lenny? Pandora, Ed? Steve? I guess tomorrow around dinner it will get rocking again.

married with children

I have mixed emotions about the man. I haven't seen him much only when different news channels would show clips on him.

Party 'till you die!

Allen, to be fair, you have to realize that this was made before people had a full understanding of the power of the media. I think it does honestly reflect what was being said by the MMers. I think this video was originally posted by Steve_C, but I have reposted it several times as well. Many people call it total hogwash and accuse it of being taken out of context. I do Not think this was the case tho. I think that people are reacting to Mr. Falwell because of his many different faces. He may of done some good things, but it's hard to ignore the hateful things said in the name of his ministry. What do you think? I personally have run into such people in my life, so you can imagine how I feel about it. I think people should have the freedom to believe in what they want, as long as it does not seek to destroy the liberty and lives of others who do not subscribe to this violent type of discussion and thought. People on both sides still think that the other side is going to kill them all for their beliefs.

married with children

About the video, I don't know, I haven't watched it. I might look up the site tomorrow. Am a bit tired to be watching anything right now.

Party 'till you die!

Carol, i can see why you would have mixed emotions. He wa a complex man, I'll give him that! So what do you really think about him. Do you think he is being unfairly portrayed, or do you see that there is another, not so positive side to some of his dealings? I will try my best to be neutral, but I did not like what he said, one bit! I think he was a charlatan, but that's only my opinion, as biased as it is.

married with children

The problem is both sides think that to a degree. I personally don't emphasize a lot of the Old Testament because I am more interested in the teachings of Christ. He never said anything about any of the subjects Jerry is quoted in saying. When the New Testament talks about peple being consumed with "lust", I think it wanted us to search our ownselves, and deal with it personally.

Party 'till you die!

Carol, you should watch that video. But to be fair, there are a lot of pro-Christian things being said about him. Check out what Lenny had to say, as well as ED. I think the rest are just too angry to be effective in their posts, but I too have been Very Pissed about some of the things said! I actually told someone F' YOU a few days ago, but I still think the target was a tool who called me a liar, so I lit him up. An ugly display of emotions, but hey, I just will not stand for being called a liar! Screw him! Yup, I said it! Will say it again too, if I get riled enough by fools!

married with children

I think he was obnoxious, and went in like a bull in a china closet. It is really too bad, because the world judges all Christians pretty much the same. And I hope they don't think we all are that narrow-minded. Just think what positive things he could have accomplished had he embraced people instead of criticizing them.

married with children

Seeks Peace- did I read a post where you say you are 'agnostic'. I know what I think that word means, what does it mean to you?