Garrison to Plead Guilty to Felonies

5/21/2007 1:37 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

GarrisonUPDATE: Just as TMZ told you earlier, Garrison's plea went down as planned. During the emotional court session, the actor faced the judge and muttered the words, "I am guilty."

Sentencing was originally set for August 1, but later moved after the family of the victim, Vahagn Setian, asked that it not be held on their departed son's birthday. It has since been changed to August 2.

TMZ has learned what Lane Garrison will do when he enters a courtroom in Beverly Hills this morning. He will plead guilty, guilty, guilty.

Garrison will plead guilty to one count of vehicular manslaughter, a felony. The "Prison Break" star will also plead guilty to one count of felony DUI with bodily injury. He'll also admit his blood alcohol level was over .15, which could increase the sentence by eight months. Garrison will plead guilty to one misdemeanor count of providing alcohol to a minor.

Based on the pleas, Garrison faces five years and eight months in prison.

Garrison's high-powered lawyer, Harland Braun, tells TMZ absolutely no sentencing deal has been struck. Braun says, "Lane fully expects to go to prison or jail," adding, "It's very unusual for anyone in our society to accept responsibility for anything."

Braun will ask Judge Elden Fox to set the sentencing hearing 60 days from today.

didums_7

of all the people to go to jail over something that wasen't fully their fault, I don't think it is fair that it is Lane. He made a humane error that occurs every day with different people all over the world. Unfortunatly the media attention that he receives may do him more harm than good. I feel so bad for the guy because you can clearly see that he is devistated by the entire event. He seems to be a great guy and I can only pray that things work out for him and that the families can heal.
Lane I think you are a great guy and hang in there.

Brit

I don't think an adult would be that stupid to allow a drunk teen drive. That's why the adult was in the driver seat.... Would you allow a drunk teen drive when you are the adult? My opinion is this: even if these children were drunk....they still are children and Garrison was the adult who should of been responsible. He wasn't and now he's being a man of character to pay for his poor choice. Children are children....drunk or not. We have to step up and make good choices for them when they are too immature to do so.

U.S.C.

Snaps,

What I'm trying to say is when you are high, drunk and/or both, you are not in your right mind regardless of your age. I grew up with an alcholic and I was way mature at 14 sober than she was at 50 passed out on the couch. That is the point I'm getting at. If Lane had crashed into these teens, I would have more sympathy but they CHOSE to get into the car. That is my point. Why would you put yourself in that position, b/c you are also high and drunk and don't know any better. This thing sucks for all of them. I'm sure Lane wishes every day that he was the one that died and not that young teen. Paris should count her blessing she didn't kill anyone and is only going to do 23 days. I'm sure Lane would trade places with her in a heart beat.

Haley

I am close to one of the best friends of the kid who was killed and I have a feeling that prison is a worthwhile alternative to what he would get outside those protective walls.

kevin

lane watch out for your corn hole man.the trick is when you get to prison,kick someones ass the first day or become someones bitch then everything will be alright.

Dottie

TMZ your late. This is old news.

Kelly

THANK YOU, TMZ... I knew the court day was today...

Thanks for staying ontop of everything!!

Bubba

Too bad. He made a mistake and now he has to pay. Hopefully other stars will learn from this and Hiltons life and it will keep them from going down the same road. No pun intended!

costaMesaboy

OUCHY!!! THATS A LIONG TIME........

common sence

truly,,sad,,sad,,sad,,but it really is a step in the right direction for a Hollywood kid to
own up to his guilt.. So sad for everyone involved. My prayers with all the families affected

Ketchikan9

Giving him credit for taking responsibility. Sad thing that happened. Hopefully someone else can learn from his mistake.

Annaland

I think that is impressive of him. In a world where the legal system has al sorts of avenues for him to fight this and minimize his punishment, he has chosen to simply admit his faults and accept his punishment. My brother was killed by a drunk driver and yet - I respect this mans actions of taking responsiblity for his horrible, horribale lack of judgement previously.

Such a sad situation - but at least he has the strength of character to hold himself accountable for the terrible chain events that lead to someones death.

NubianGoddez

I have to agree with # 3 and 4.

Ellen

WILL HE ALSO PLEAD GUILTY TO HAVING COCAINE IN HIS SYSTEM AS HE TESTED POSITIVE FOR THE SUBSTANCE!!

MrParisHilton

I really hope our no good hollywooders look up to him and take note.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments