McConaughey: Method Actor?

5/22/2007 1:28 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Matthew McConaughey was performing some kind of island ritual while shooting his upcoming movie, "Surfer Dude." Or was he?

McConaughey was spotted at Malibu beach yesterday ... covered in mud, prancing around while carrying a couple of giant palm leaves and strutting like a chicken.

Or as Matt likes to call it "Monday morning."

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

tjs

Can you say "acid trip"?!! He is clearly in a drug altered state! Toward the end of the video, even the locals were standing around watching him with an expression of, "What the f*** is wrong with this guy?!!" If it was such a traditional "local dance", why didn't any of the locals join in.....b/c they were in utter awe of watching a man on a full blown acid trip unfolding before them!!

heather

this dude is great. mcconaughey for president!

in love

I wish i could see him not only shirtless but totally naked. have you all notice the curvy butt he has it ??/ you can see clearly with shorts on . omg. SO DAMN HOT. I WANT YOU BABY.

I LOVE YOU MATT AND THAT'S FOREVER.

rickey barnes

Has anyone seen this parody of him? Hilarious.

kat

Good actor but weird guy for sure.

misskitty

Me LOVES me Matthew. He can do anything he wants. Naked bongos anyone?

haa

Lost a bet perhaps?

angeleyes

Seriously whether you think he's hot or not it's extremely refreshing to see someone who isn't trying to be everyone else. Aboriginal Dance or shrooms either way he doesn't care and that has got to be VERY attractive in a man, and like one girl said a little crazy is sexy in a man two thumbs up Matt!!! I love the fall into the sand face first at the end!

John

So many people with so much vitriol in their veins...jeeze, folks, lighten up! This looks like nothing more than a number of North American Native ritual dances I've seen (rather than a Polynesian ritual dance -- which is what you'd expect re: surfing rituals). For a lot of people, rituals set the mind and body up for performing a task. No harm or weirdness in that: think about your morning coffee or tea ritual. We all engage in some form of ritual behavior in our daily lives, most of of them unconscious because they're considered "good manners." That said, yes, McConaughey IS known for his eccentric behavior. But he always delivers on his filming commitments, and his movies make money. So, what's the big deal?

Lori

OMG I would so do him in a New York minute!! He is one sexy, hot dude...

Marilyn B Aquino

I did not see anything wrong with that. He was just having fun by himself . What if he is just practicing any idea /or plan he may have for his upcoming movie? Let it be!!! It is a tension reliever.

Joseph

He'll never get airborne at that rate.

Marilda Conway

I read somewhere that he does not believe in deodorant. Heck no I wouldn't do him.

BB

Don't you remember the naked-pot-smoking-bongo-drum arrest he had a couple of years back? And you're still surprised???

Kim

I think he looks like he was stoned and rather enjoying himself. LOL.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments