Rosie to Leave

"The View"

5/25/2007 4:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Rosie
ABC has just announced that Rosie O'Donnell will not be back on "The View."

Brian Frons, President of ABC Daytime, issued the following statement:

"We had hoped that Rosie would be with us until the end of her contract three weeks from now, but Rosie has informed us that she would like an early leave. Therefore, we part ways, thank her for her tremendous contribution to 'The View' and wish her well."

Barbara Walters said: "I brought Rosie to the show. Rosie contributed to one of our most exciting and successful years at "The View." I am most appreciative. Our close and affectionate relationship will not change."

For her part, Rosie said: "I'm extremely grateful. It's been an amazing year and I love all three women."

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

swiftmere

I am sad to see Rosie leave The View. Yes, she does tend to go a little too far sometimes but I thought she brought a lot to that show. Barbara Walters brings class, Rosie brought sincerity and honesty, Joy brings some humor, and Elisabeth, I am not at sure what she brings. I have watched the show for a long time but I am not watching now. I cannot stand Elisabeth!! She is basically a nobody and who cares what her views are. If she didn't have George Bush to defend she would have nothing to say. I think the ratings are going to suffer now that Rosie is gone.

canna

TO #1651--What a horrid thing to say about Rosies up bringing. Her mother died when she was 10 years old. That is really crass of you!! Elizabeth says she grew up in the best family ever, next to her best husband ever & his best family ever. So what is her excuse for being the biggest air-head on television?

okcaggie

Why should Elizabeth answer yes or no. She did, in fact, answer , "no, I don't think you think our troops are terrorists." Did you even watch the show. Rosie is nothing but a bully. Say what she wants, exactly the way she wants, or else. Good for Elizabeth for not "cowtowing" to Rosie. If Elizabeth was such an "airhead" she wouldn't have stood up for herself. Isn't all this drama exactly what the network expected when it fired Star and hired Rosie. I mean, pleeeeeaaaaaaaassssssseeeeeeeeee. We, the viewing public, are not that dumb!

suzlee

Go on Elisabeth, keep sucking up to this administration. Maybe you'll be invited to the white house again before his term is up. I remember your little temper tantrum regarding abortion. Murder is murder you idiot. Whether it's an unborn child, or my 24 year old son. Our children are dying daily over there. Do you care? Do you have a clue? Oh, that's right... you were too busy picking out a ridiculous outfit for your tea-time with the queen.

enjoyed_the_view

I didn't like Rosie. I didn't like The View. Together... I LOVED! Now I like neither again.

Joan Mayer

Oh do I miss Rosie. The View isn't The View anymore. It is just a run of the mill talk show with no-nonsense chatter. Rosie had a View - and it hit home more than not. Now all they talk about is Paris Hilton (ho, hum). Current events are a thing of the past, and heaven forbid, don't bring up the senseless/endless war! I have erased the recording setting for The View - can't bear the "bland and boring" show that it has become. Now it's "just another talk show" - forget the popcorn, just bring a pillow. ..zzz...whatever. PS Barbara, it's time for you to leave....
Posted by Joan Mayer June 5th 2007, 10:02pm

wnhc@aol.com

I was never a fan of Rosanne's sitcom but I loved her on the view,
I loved her edgyness and willingness to confront. The shows not the same without her

NHend

Rosie had more impact on The View than any other host in the entire time the show has been on the air. IF they get an Emmy, it will be because of Rosie O"Donnel. Further, she was listed in Time Magazine as one of the most influential people in the world. Those are the facts. Unlike Elizabeth Hassellbeck who can only speak fast and spew nothing more than Republican rhetoric, Rosie O'Donnell actually gets involved. She donates her money and time to the issues and organizations she is passionate about, including our troops coming home to a country who doesn't take care of them. I don't think for one minute O'Donnell feels our troops are terrorists nor did she say that. After Liz went to the White House, she came back ever more the Little Replublican Poster Girl. All show no substance. I didn't always agree with O'Donnel's delivery, but I believe The View is boring now without her.

Carol

The View is rather boring since Rosie left. She and Joy are the only brutally HONEST persons I have encountered on TV in eons! Rosie is more in touch with what is going on in this country and the world than most news reporters want to tell. This war is a travesty and Rosie was not afraid to tell it as it is!! I looked forward to hearing what she had to say every morning. Now I listen to the radio. There is little to no educational worth to most TV shows anymore.

Viewer Nomore

Mother of a soldier who has served in Iraq 2 tours...
I enjoyed The View because of Rosie....although she was off the wall at times...you could tell she was real...not driven by molded views, ignorance and hypocrisy which was aired daily by the other gals......especially that bunny chicky Elizabeth...who talks about things she clearly has no grasp on!!!!!.....She must get her news from MTV or misplaced her mind on the island!!!! This is how it works for your show Barbara...keep your views to yourself or be gone!!!!! No longer watching the view....No longer a "Viewer!"

NHend

Liz Hasselback gets her View from Fox Noise and regurgitates it. Easy to tell when she speaks in soundbites and can't defend anything when it gets deeper than shallow. I don't watch Fox Noise and neither will I continue to watch Bush's Poster Child, or as O'Donnell puts it, "Bush's apologist".

In the end it is the voters' voices that are heard. Hear that, America? GET OUT AN VOTE!!!!!!!

suzlee

Elisabeth is FAKE FAKE FAKE !!!! I tried to watch the view without Rosie, but I just cannot do it. She SUCKED UP TO Barbara so much today I wanted to vomit all over that Bush Poster Child. Something about Barbara being Gods perfect creation. OMG !!!! I have soOOO had enough of her squeaky, glass shattering, high pitched, ridiculous voice....... I just cannot watch anymore. THANK GOD she's leaving soon...baby due in November. PRAY THIS FAKE doesn't return. I heard she's coming out with some type of baby clothes line... Remember that ridiculous HEAD GEAR SHE WORE ON SURVIVOR???? She even called herself an artist on todays show !!! Yeah right !!!! Maybe a blind and disfunctional artist. Skip the clothes line HONEY and concentrate more on educating yourself.....idiot !!!! With something more than FOX NEWS !!!!!

Kerry

I am going to miss R.O. I loved her views on The View and found her overall humanity endearing. Grow up Elizabeth! Step out of your box and get a life. Fire Elizabeth! Keep Joy and ask Rosie back.

suzlee

Everyone can email Elisabeth through "The Views" website. Let her know EXACTLY how you feel. A discrace to daytime television and the American people!!!!!!!! GET HER OFF THE VIEW NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DARLENE HATCH

I believe they should of gotten rid of Elizabeth who ususally never adds nothing to the show, I don't believe that your rating went up 72 or 77 percent like it did when Rosie was added to the show. Too bad you lost a view, i wonder how many more?

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments