Jaslene: I Was Abused

5/28/2007 2:29 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Dealing with Tyra and the rest of the ANTM panel was nothing compared to what "America's Next Top Model" winner Jaslene Gozalez had to go through in a past abusive relationship. The Janice Dickinson look-a-like revealed to Seventeen magazine that an abusive relationship nearly tore her apart. "I wasn't having my rest or eating the food I want to eat" -- obviously. "Things went down little by little. It was such a dark moment in my life. It was horrible!"

Jaslene eventually got out of the relationship and credits "Top Model" with helping her rebuild her confidence – even though so much of the show is based around tearing contestants down. Jaslene recommends that girls in similar situations seek out help. "Talk to somebody...That's what it took for me to let go."

Supermodels gallery: click to launch photos

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

D

now Jaslene is no immigrant! shes from Puertorico which when i first checked was part of the USA its a territory of US & no green card needed! so YA THINK? think again! and Jaslene is no skinnier than other top models so get off that tip also! people might like curves but a top model cant have too many, they are a canvas to show off clothes and thinner models can wear most anything hence more options for a designer to work with that model & put any garment on them....& for the boiled chicken comment, she the best lookin boiled chicken i eva seen..stop with the jelousy girls shes beautiful in her pics & walked her ass off on the runway! and guys this is America..we all came from somwhere & all have accents! even country white people in the south or people from the bible belt wake up! enjoy your accomplishment Jaslene you deserve it!

Q-Force Inc.

She is good for print work and can look fierce and exotic on the runway. She is a canvas that only should be colored in the dramatic. I like her.

brad

wow....you guys that don't like her must be really jealous she's more successful than you

Alex

FOR THE DUMB ASSES THAT DONT NOE WHAT THEY ARE TLKIN BOUT..THE GIRL EATS LIKE NO OTHER SHE LIVES RIGHT AROUND THE CONER FROM ME AND GUESS WHAT I SPOKE TO HER YESTERDAY, AND SHE HAD JUSS CAME BACK FROM MCDONALDS WITH HER FRIEND AND SHE HAD THE OLNY BAG OF FOOD..SO PEOPLE GET A LIFE!!

maygirl

She looks like Alyssia Milano in this pic. I still don't like her - and it's obvious she never ate the food she wanted to.

just asking

Good advise and Good Luck. Watched the show . You are beautiful and deserve to win.

WATCHTHETAPE

Man dat terrible no woman should go thru a abusive relationship but im glad she okay now....I really like the way she kept it real on the show.She my second favorite after Eva Pigford...

WATCHTHETAPE

Man that terrible no woman should go through a abusive relationship but im glad she okay now...But i really like her on the show she always kept it real 24/7 she my second favorite top model winner after Eva Pigford....

THese sternies are mean people who have no feelings

Aren't models supposed to be beautiful with great bodies ?

Tyra, girlfriend you be trippin' !

This girl is probably a very nice , lovely person , but c'mon ! She's not even 'kind of '

attractive and her body looks like a boiled chicken , and i'm being nice !

Chuck

YAWN!

tba

Its good she was abused. I only which she abused more! By the way, who the hell are you?

nat

you guys suck, she takes amazing pictures and that's horrible that any person would be abused

betty

Ok. So how many models have you seen outthere with meat on their bones. I mean let's face it. They all starve because they are told they are too fat and they only weigh like 80 pounds. And she is beautiful but for me too skinny, a woman should have curves.

regretting I used to call her a slut

SO waht -- I can't think that most girls ask for it.

Ya Think?

WHO CARES? It's so obvious that this chick won only because of her uncanny resemblance to that train wreck Janice Dickinson. Now this Jaslene is going to come forward and reveal her abusive background and let's bet that 5 years from now she'll be drinking and drugging just like Janice and using her background as the reason why.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments