Lohan's Papa Gets Preachy

5/30/2007 9:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Now that Lindsay Lohan is officially in rehab, as TMZ first reported yesterday, it's her ex-felon dad Michael -- not her normally motormouth mom Dina -- who's making a lot of noise, pleading with Lindsay and trying to build a treatment center for people like Lindz.

Michael, who just finished a prison sentence, is teaming up with none other than bible-thumper Stephen Baldwin and a virulently anti-abortion, anti-gay pastor to build a $15 million treatment center in Southampton, NY, reports the New York Post. Papa Lohan himself is reportedly undergoing drug treatment in a West Babylon facility, and is telling Us that his daughter needs to cut certain people out of her life -- like celeb DJ Samantha Ronson and bodyguards -- and let God in.

Meanwhile, far from running to the next starlet's side, one of Lohan's Hollywood pals, Brittny Gastineau, tells BestWeekEver.tv, "I think she should do whatever is going to make her happy ... not the people around her, like managers and lawyers." And her parents?

Jordin's Voice Not So God-Blessed?

"American Idol" winner Jordin Sparks told the world over and over again just how great a gift from God her voice was and that she'd never had vocal training -- but it might not be so heaven-sent after all. Her vocal coach, Melissa Black, tells Star magazine (via MSNBC) that she tutored Sparks a few years back when Jordin was 14, and that she had weekly sessions. Black doesn't pooh-pooh Jordin's talent -- "I knew she wouldn't take long to perfect her craft because she was so good" -- but says she was "hurt for a week" when Jordin said she hadn't had any formal training. "Jordin didn't have to mention my name," says Black. "But at least acknowledge you had training."

Paris – Not-So-Hot Heiress

Jailbird-to-be Paris Hilton can't play in the same league as other heiresses, according to one celeb photographer, and as a result, he's 86ing her from his book of beautiful women who got everything handed to them on a silver platter. Fancy photog Roger Moenks says that he was planning to shoot Paris for "Inheriting Beauty," a photobook that was to include Dylan Lauren, Roberta Armani, Casey Johnson, and their ilk. But the lensman "bounced Paris by unanimous vote," says Moenks' agent in Page Six. "She tried to play society like a game of three-card monte. Let's hear it for high standards." Ouch.

Ozzy -- Sanjaya's a "Hairstyle-Challenged" Idiot

Ozzy Osbourne backed out of performing on the "American Idol" finale after he found out he'd be performing with Sanjaya Malakar, whom he referred to as "a hairstyle-challenged idiot," reports Page Six. If "Idol" producers were ever worried about Osbourne's onstage behavior, though, they needn't have. He tells Details, "I very rarely went onstage loaded. At the end of a show -- that's when I'd get Vicodin'd." But, admits Ozzy, "I was f**king out of my tree," at the White House Correspondents' Dinner in 2002.

Party Favors: Miss USA Booed All Night -- and All Day -- in Mexico ... Time to Eat the Doughnuts for Larry King ... Tan Man Hamilton Loves His Lillet

It's been a tough week for Miss USA Rachel Smith. Not only did she suffer the indignity of the ass-bruising fall seen 'round the world, she was also booed constantly during her trip, including one appearance in which she wore an Elvis-style suit in downtown Mexico City. ... Larry King was spotted chowing on doughnuts with wife Shawn at fried-dough emporium Frittelli's in Beverly Hills, where the Rock recently ordered no less than 24 peanut-butter-and-jelly doughnuts, his personal fave, for a cocktail party. ... It's just too perfect -- George Hamilton, well-bronzed emblem of the louche life, enjoying a little Lillet at L.A.'s Celadon during a visit last week along with tuna tartar lollipops and sesame shrimp toast. No dancing on the bar, however, for the Tan Man.

Maureen

You must be lacking in scoops with the Jordin Sparks comments. OF COURSE you have to have a God given talent in order to sing as well as Jordin. Lessons alone can't get you there. They may help with breathing, projection, phrasing, etc., but without the initial God given talent, lessons won't help. (see Sean Stewart and his lessons as one example)

Monika

I watched the Miss Universe debacle. I was thoroughly disgusted at how Miss USA was boo'd throughout the show. I just got back from Puerto Vallarta a couple weeks ago. I thought I had sunburned my back..........mayhaps it was the daggers the mexicans were stabbing me with while they took my money. Hmmmm....... talk about taking my money seems the aholes were booing the very hands that feed them! SHAME ON YOU MEXICO!!!

Ha Ha

My brother said that Jordin's dad played pro football. That probably explains why she looks like a lineman. Plus, if you noticed, her mom's pretty big boned. Regardless, I think she's an awesome singer.

Tangie

Exactly, Monika! We support their economy by vacationing there, I'm sure that Miss Universe brought them a pretty penny. We need to boycott, give your $$$$ somewhere in America, and keep the $$$$ home!

Dottie

The press is trying to downplay the booing of Miss USA. It's being reported that the crowd was booing the policies of the US. What bull.

Tangie

Am I one of the few who think Paris Hilton is NOT beautiful? I think she is ok lookin, maybe a little too much like her ugly mother for my tastes.

Tangie

#10 Remember the border agents who went to prison for killing a mexican drug dealer who fired at them first? America is screwed up. I honestly don't think America will be around if things continue this way. The entire government has no brains!

recovery101Fan

If we raise the minimum wage the illegals will surely come over here to the USA. We have to keep it as low as possible and raise taxes on the lower incomes and keep real estate prices and rents sky high, especially in the north. Does anyone see the logic in the pay and tax system at all? Notice its cheaper living down south than north? Think peoples.

Tangie

What about Dog the bounty hunter being shipped off to Mexico to face who knows what, because he saved their people from a psycho rapist? And why is our government not helping him? I do not understand.

recovery101Fan

We all have to be pro peace and teaching love and honesty. We can't be killing and say its anti war. Forget the Anti stuff, its negative, WE HAVE TO BE A GOOD EXAMPLE TO ALL NATIONS AND TREAT OTHERS THE WAY WE WANT TO BE TREATED AND GUARD OUR BOARDERS AND PROTECT WHAT'S AMERICAN HERE ON OUR SOIL AND BORDERS. We have to be diplomatic and kind. Pro Peace

Dottie

I know. We got alot of issues here but we're so quick to help someone else. They never offer us a helping hand. It's asinine.

recovery101Fan

14. rE DOG: We have our laws and Mexico has their laws and we have to have diplomatic talks and maybe PAY A FINE TO THE GOVERNMENT $$$$$$$$$$MONEY ALWAYS TALKS.

Michelle

The way the Mexican people treated Miss USA at the pageant, has finally, taken me "off the fence" when it comes to immigration. Disgusting. Let Mexico take care of its own people. Miss USA showed such class and dignity---made me proud!

Seriously

We shouldn't worry about CHINA taking over the US in sheer numbers,
we need to worry about MEXICO! America is bending over and getting
screwed royally. Press 1 for Spanish? Do they have Press 2 for Italian,
or Press 3 for German? NO. WTF???

Tangie

#15 dreamer-yeah Mexican law consists of taking you in a back ally, demanding $$$ to get out of whatever they say you did, and if you can't pay, off to their jail, to wonder if you'll get out at all!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments