Paris

Smilin' in the Slammer

6/4/2007 3:17 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Here's Paris ... just a couple hours after turning herself in to authorities to report for her 23-day jail sentence. Note that Paris is already sporting her brand new white jail uniform.

0604_new_mughsot_real-1
The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department just released the official mug shot for Ms. Hilton, and despite a long night -- and an even longer day before it -- all chronicled by TMZ.com, Paris managed a smile for the camera.

Paris surrendered herself to authorities just a few hours ago, as TMZ showed you exclusively -- and we'll be on the story all day long.

UPDATE: TMZ has learned that the other Paris Hilton mugshot, which was released by the sheriff's department earlier this morning, was not taken when she checked in last night. We're still trying to determine exactly when the photo was taken.

Paris Mugshot

getting tired of crap

Why does her photo look like a photo shoot? If i were Nick Nolte I'd be suing because I wasn't allowed a glamour shot.

calling it like i see it

SAD THING WHEN PEOPLE HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO THAN SAY NASTY THINGS ABOUT A PERSON THEY HAVE NEVER MET. SHE WAS BORN INTO A LIFE OF RICHES AND FOR THAT REASON ALONE, SOME ARE JEALOUS. SHE SEEMS LIKE A NICE GIRL WHO HAS JUST GOTTEN IN WAY OVER HER HEAD. SHE'LL COME OUT IN 23 DAYS IF NOT SOONER AND STILL BE A MILLIONAIRE, MOST OF YOU WILL STILL BE BARELY GETTIN BY. SHE'LL BE MORE POPULAR THAN EVER AND MAKE EVEN MORE MONEY OFF THIS STINT IN JAIL.

Jolene

She is UGLY!!!!!! If the media would stop taking pictures of her we could forget about her!!!!!!!!!

yirmine snipe

How much does a nose job cost and why can't mommy dearest buy this little slut one? Most of the ugly with Paris, aside from her personality, is her nose. Lord fix that thing.

David in Kansas

I think shes being very brave. If you have never been in the system you can never understand how it feel to have everything taken from you. Whether or not she deserves it is not the point. She is a human being and anyone being put away for any time should be felt for for many reasons. She is a case but she is doing her time with class and trying to be brave when she just wants to cry.. Good Luck to the lady and i hope she does great. I m not a fan just someone who wishes Paris the best
David in kansas via nyc.

jim

That's a fake smile if I ever saw one. She is scared and fear is all over her.

Jake

So Paris is in jail.
I wonder why Jefferson is still in congress after taking that huge bribe and hiding the money in his freezer.
I wonder about all those drug pushers running free.
I wonder about all the child abusers and molesters getting light sentences.
I wonder who Paris hurt in her crime.
I wonder who Paris damaged doing her crime.
I wonder why Paris is in jail when so many criminals still run free and the prosecutors are so busy with Paris.

I wonder if our criminal justice system is broken or worse non-existent.

Diana

I agreed with all of the bashing when this story began.. But she has taken this straight-on and worked her way into accepting it with some grace and honor! Good for her. Take that America. I hope she touches some young lives through her actions. Nothing better than that. She has made herself into a celebrity..... ok, so what. That means she is earning he own money, America. No talent, so what, she is a business person and evidently doing quite well at her publicity exposure tactics. Ok, church, good for Paris.....every young life watching couldn't have seen anything better than a celebrity turning to God, for strength and comfort. She will do just fine...

recovery101Fan

I see the fake hair attachment on top of her head lol

the truth

All I can say is GOOD BYE! GOOD BYE! GOOD BYE! We won't being hearing from this useless piece of trash's mouth I hope, for at LEAST 1 DAY!!! But somehow, I know TMZ or some other media whore, will find a way to fill up their blogs with how PAris did this or Paris did that.. It's really very sad that this useless person gets SOOOooo much publicity and never ONCE stepped in a college to study anything for her future. It makes you wonder why it is that the college students in this country are being beaten in a head to head contest with third world nations students, in which country's students are smarter! And this country is supposed to be the most technological, most advanced nation in the world. Well don't count on it when in the future, the 40-50 year olds now start dying and this country is left with the losers of Generation X and beyond. We better hope that a message starts getting clearer at how ignorant and lazy our youth is really getting. We as a nation, cannot allow other nations to come up with better ideas to improve this world. If we do, don't be surprised if a rogue nation takes over this nation completely. The Communist once predicted back in the 40's, that the way to destroy capitalism and ideas of the West is through their schools. Looks like their plan is well on its way to succeeding in the near future. SO BE WARNED!!

Clinton

If this photo is actually legitimate, the Sheriff's Department has truly been bought off. No mug shot I've ever seen allows the person to "pose" with a side-long glance at the camera, - it's standard for the convict to fully face the camera. Something's NOT right.

cherylinohio

no special treatment huh? yeah right...how many regular people have the blow by blow account of being booked on TMZ and updates by the sheriff...please..what a joke ..

Diana

They don't take mug shots with hig angles. Mel Gibson's mug shot was the same angle which is easier on the imperfectins. I wonder how these stars got them to take a angle mug shot! Have you ever seen anyone "pose" for a mug shot! Maybel Mel has given her some tips.

Clinton

Sorry, Jake, but that's stupid reasoning. Trying to justify criminal behavior by pointing at OTHER criminal behavior is definitely "the kettle calling the pot, black."