Richard Simmons: Prayers for Paris

6/4/2007 12:49 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

You never know who you're going to see driving down Sunset Strip ... you might be next to Richard Simmons! Heaven help us!

The exercise guru pulled over and asked the paparazzo where he was headed, and after the pap told him he was covering Paris' surrender to authorities -- Simmons decided to lead a prayer for the imprisoned starlet.

One advantage to interviewing Simmons in the car -- not seeing those horrid striped shorts! Watch the video for Richie's prayer for Paris in jail, where he tells her to "Come out soon!"

Cara

LMFAO! THIS MADE MY DAY.

La2004JR

dude, that was hilarious...i didn't know Mr. Simmons had a direct line to God.

suzy

don't you just love Richard Simmons more about him less about paris

rachel

BITCH SLAP!!!

preesi

OMG a lil gossip queen Richard is! LMFAO!

MC

Richard is the best!

deez

he's awesome. What a nice guy!

Brother Harold, S.J.

NOW THE REST OF US SHOULD PRAY THAT HE DISAPPEARS.

catheadmoon

for those about to rock

veronika

Richard Simmons -- he actualy kinda rocks!

Laura

Richard's response to an awkward question was kind and compassionate.

Tresbellefemme

I have to admit, I'm NOT a fan of Paris Hilton anymore (being an attractive woman myself who likes to dress up and have a good time out on the town, I used to like her bold and ultra-feminine style, the cool way she walked and talked, and generally seemed in her words, being "hot", but not after all her endless crazy antics and especially her racial/ gay slurs-definitely not "hot"!).

My message to Paris: As you've stated, you're going to use this jail time to reflect upon your life and plan your next course of life. I congratulate that, I hope that that statement is the truth and not just some public relations maneuvering on your part that you will laugh about later to your club friends.

Now, being a public relations pro and as a woman who likes to have a good time, but likes to live life with a sense of compassion and conscience -I want to give you some advice:
1) Love yourself: Partying is fine, life is short, and you should enjoy it, but don't do it in excess at the expense of all the other areas of your life like your spiritual, physical, emotional, and mental state (example: no more drinking and driving for you young lady - and if you do plan to drink, hire a driver, aren't you rich enough?!)
2) Love others: Stop all hateful comments and actions about and against others (case in point, all your frenemies like Lindsey, Nicole, Shannah Moakler, who else, so many I can't remember). But, most especially stop the hateful comments about other races/ ethnicities/ gender orientation (it's one thing to bash other celebs who can take it and maybe even deserve it, but to bash people based on things like race/ ethinicity/ gender orientation shows a true lack of compassion, empathy, decency, education, and upbringing on your part (I can just imagine how your parents just turn red in the face every time some crazy thing you said/ did comes out in the media).
3) Love the world: You are TRULY privileged - Do something beneficial with your fame, influence, and money for the underprivileged.
4) Love education: You are truly privileged, Get yourself a world-class education. You can socialize by night, but spend your days reading, learning, being a perpetual student of life. Learn everything from art to zoology. I think that would be one of the greatest joy and privilege. I loved my days in college. You really should try it. Paris, "the thinker", now that would really be "hot"!
5) Love those who really love you: Surround yourself with people who really do care about you and care about others, and jettison those fakers around you who're really using you and don't give a damn about you and who will propel you down the wrong path.

I truly think that what really lies at the heart of this Hollywood younger generation problem (all the drinking, drugs, promiscuity, etc.) is 1) a lack of education, 2) lack of proper supportive people, and 3) lack of self control. 1) They're so caught up with the Hollywood shuffle that they never stop to get a proper education, which would go a long way in making those celebs stop and think before doing something stupid, and do what's right. 2) As I've stated before, the actors are so surrounded by yes people who do anything to hang on or who use these celebs for their own gain do not give helpful advice or a reality check. "NO you shouldn't do that!" is the best advice a friend can give sometimes.
3) Lastly, you have to control your own behavior and admit your own wrong doings and not do stupid things like blame your employees (to Paris' publicist: Mintz, it was a stupid move to blame yourself and not Paris about not knowing whether she was driving on a suspended license; whether it was your idea or hers, it was dumb. Haven't you learned from the Tylenol fiasco? Better to own up to your faults and then control the damage).

Ok, I think I went on long enough and I liked getting all that off my chest, but hopefully, this message helps someone, if not Paris, then those who look up to her.

Brenda

Tresbellefemme, you have a few things Paris does not....

A firm grip on the English language, a brain, the ability to actually TYPE rather than just text...

I hope she takes your advice and does some inner-reflecting. I mean they type of reflecting where you realize you are not perfect and the world does not revolve around you?

Also, anyone praying for those who have to be roomed around here?

Brenda

Karen Ramos

Richard is a genuine person, he speaks from the heart and most importantly he passes no judgement.