Lowe Scores a Birdie -- Literally!

6/7/2007 9:51 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Rob Lowe"Brothers & Sisters" star Rob Lowe was playing in a celebrity golf tournament in Des Moines, Iowa yesterday when his approach shot on the fourth hole struck a bird -- which just happened to be a goldfinch -- the State Bird of Iowa!

Lowe and the rest of his group broke into laughter when the bird hit the ground approximately 50 yards away from the hole. According to the Des Moines Register, Lowe raised his hands in mock celebration and said, "That's my birdie."

The condition of the bird is unknown.

bill

If you object to paris hiltons release from jail please write a letter to the la county sheriffs office their address is 110 N Grand Ave Los Angeles Ca 90012 if u object as strongly as i do to this let our objections be heard write to them

tba

I think Chucky Shumer should call for a congressional investigation of Rob Lowe and see if George Bush has any culpability.

Sarah

I just read this on another site, and it said this group was laughing as the bird lay motionless. Gee, that's hilarious. If "regular" people had done this, they would be scorned for laughing at killing the state bird (I am assuming it was killed if it was hit like that). But because pretty boy, no talent Rob Lowe did it, everyone sucks up to him. I have really had it with all of these celebrities.

GINA

real friggin funny. idiots!!!!!

wmjindsm

The bird is dead.

jProud American Author

I will never watch anything with Rob Lowe in it again. Any one that takes a life and thinks it is funny does not have my respect. Another jerk of "Hollywood's World".

Cindy

what a moron. someone should whack him with an iron.

zero

ROB LOWE IS A NO TALENT UGLY ASS, WHO DESEVES TO ROT IN HELL, I HOPE HE HAS NOTHING BUT BAD THE LUCK THE REST OF HIS MISERABLE LIFE...........ROB, HOPE YOU GO BROKE AND HOMELESS!

Shawn

The bird actually died. The ball hit the bird in mid-air. It was crazy.

Iowa crime lab-bird division

It is actually against the law to kill the state bird in Iowa. I know from personal experience as I am currently harboring several feline fugatives.

suritomkatfan

It was an accident people, lighten up. Should he of cried instead of laughed? Its a bird. On a golf course. It really is kind of funny.

diana

Come on people. Get real. If you were playing golf or any other sport and something as random as this happened, would you not laugh about it too? I am sure that once they realized the bird was dead they probably felt bad about it. Face it, we all react sometimes without thinking it through...it's called being human, and celebrities (however perfect some of us may think that they are) are human too.

jimmy rubino

real funny, idiot! i guess he doesnt remember when he was blackballed from the industry. mabey that should happen again to teach him to be humble. whats so funny about killing an innocent animal. jerk!

MB

For the love of God, it was an accident! People have knee jerk reactions to the unexpected... one of these is laughter. In hindsight, we don't always find it funny afterwards but in the awkward moment, sometimes we laugh. Get over it! The guy wasn't running around like a nut whacking birds with his clubs! He took a swing, hit a bird, and proably laughed as in saying; "Just my luck! I come out to have a nice round of golf with friends and I freaking end up killing a bird!" Sometimes you just have to laugh... not because killing an animal is funny, but because of the irony of the situation! He's golfing and instead of "scoring" a birdie, he killed one! Again.... IT WAS AN ACCIDENT!!!! Get over it!

And as for #8's comments, you need to get a grip! Anger management classes maybe? Antipsychotic drugs? How can you have that degree of hate in you over an accident? Rot in hell for accidentally killing a bird? Are you kidding me? You need HELP!

butweiner

Of course, it was an accident but why laff about it? Because, it is often the first reaction people have to situations like this, then, hopefully, you feel bad about it.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments