Rob Lowe: (Dead) Bird Is the Word

6/7/2007 2:04 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Pictured below: Rob Lowe and the goldfinch he killed with a golf shot at the Principal Charity Classic Pro-Am at the Glen Oaks Country Club in Iowa. The goldfinch is their state bird.
Rob Lowe
RIP lil' buddy.

tba

Might taste good over the barbie with dash of oregano.

Venus

In my state, it's a crime to kill the state bird. I'm not sure what level, though. Probably not even a misdemeanor, but I guess I wouldn't be surprised if it were a felony, considering how dumb some laws are.

bethany

That bird had more talents and brains than Rob Lowe ever had

That ugly old man with BAD plastic surgery needs a clip over the head with a golf club for acting like this

yeah ok

I don't think it's funny at all. I understand it was an accident but he is rying to make a joke out of it. Freakin Moron

Mary

There is nothing humorous about this display....

It's one thing to accidentally kill a Gold Finch (any bird or animal) but classless to prop it for filming! Rob Lowe gives my brother's country club and my former hometown a bad name by hawking the deceased.

Des Moines is sometimes made fun of in the news, however it has culture, is a great place to grow up (good solid values), and is quite a lovely city though nothing beats a warm winter!

heheh

This has nothing to do with people from Hollywood being assholes (side note, if you think they're assholes, why are you coming to a blog dedicated to nothing but them?? I digress). I would venture to say that MOST people who hit a bird with a golf shot and killed it would take this exact picture, except for the uptight people on here who can't find the humor in things. What are the chances?!

Gianni

But what was his score?
Did he birdy the hole?

Haha suckers...

He looks terrible, like he is wearing a mask. And why would you want to pose with a little dead bird? What an ass is right!!! Idiot - too bad someone didn't ping him off with a nice golf shot instead of the innocent finch.
If it's the state bird there they should fine him. I would.

Jane

better watch it, Rob, all the Iowans are going to be mad at you now.
(Can't you at least have better aim and take out one of those pesky barn pigeons?)

angel46

Bastard.

Linda

I swear I can't understand why everyone is so bent out of shape over this. It's something that will never happen again and it was at a charity tournament. I'm sure he had people all over him wanting him to take a picture with the bird. I would take a picture with the bird. Was he supposed to fake tears? Would you feel better if he had a nervous breakdown like Paris? Good grief......it was a bird. I love birds....I even own birds and I LAUGHED.

Paul

Another retard on TMZ.

Doc

Please people there are many more serious things going on in our country...I am sure camara people chided him into picking up this poor bird...
He probably went out of his way to help whatever charity was being helped
by this golf event.... So get a grip... Make a vocal stand against our young getting killed in Iraq.... Momma bird can have more babies....

OoogaChacka

Asswipe.

Ophelia

He doesn't have to look so smug about it! What a jerk!!