Washington

Fired from 'Grey's Anatomy'

6/7/2007 11:55 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has confirmed that Isaiah Washington has been fired from the ABC hit "Grey's Anatomy."

Washington's rep, Howard Bragman, confirmed this evening to TMZ that "Grey's" creator Shonda Rhimes called Isaiah today and told him he would not be invited back to the show next season. TV Guide's Michael Ausiello, who first broke the story, reports that the decision was due only in part to Washington's on-set troubles, and was a result of a "pattern of problematic behavior."

As for how he feels about his termination, Washington issued the following statement: "I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore."

Paging a mediator, STAT!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

fckusntch

1) i have a hard time believing isiah w. would out t.r. knight without provocation.

perhaps t.r.knight is a jackass and we are not aware of the full facts.

2) according to details isiah w. was not even talking to t.r.knight. the use of that term f-- should be discontinued.

KB

I find it hard to believe that if this were a white actor with the same issue, he wouldn't be fired, nor would it have been puffed up as much as it was. I agree that his comments were absolutely wrong and shouldn't have been made, but it's interesting that the outcome was what it was. It's an amazing show with a great ensemble cast-ensemble meaning ALL OF THEM ARE NECESSARY TO THE SHOW'S SUCCESS. All of them helped make it what it is and who know's what'll happen with all the exits. Something tells me, we'll only be watching Grey's for another 3 or so years. The cast rumblings are already beginning and it's only been a few seasons. Sigh, people get big heads instead of staying humble and this is what you get.

jerste

It’s not the words you say. It’s how you say them. He is an extremely talented actor. I hope he gets this hate out of his system. Hate is so paralyzing. Let it go Mr. Washington. You will feel so much better. Forgive yourself. We will forgive too. I hope you continue to share your gift (acting) with the world. Getting off this television series can be the pivotal moment in your career. jerste

Rachel

Thank goodness he's a jackass. Back to gayhab for him. Maybe it will work this time... doubtful.

Amanda

first!!

christie

Hurray!!!!!! Now I can watch Grey's Anatomy without vomit coming up in my mouth.

Dea

heh.

D

A little upset at this, but i have to say... it was expected.

Mark

Finally!!!!! Woo-Hoo!!! Now we will go back watching the show.

Isiah

Too bad....it was bound to happen though.

D

No need for language such as that.

Lets keep race out of this, seeing as how this has nothing to do with who is black or white.

Lillian Gorham

Kartherine Heigl basically single-handedly harassed Washington right out of the picture. Hope the producers aren't sorry later, because he was a rarely talented actor. Heigl meanwhile keeps screeching that they need to "value her" but offering her more moohlah. Personally, if Heigl left, I suspect it would scarcely be noticed.

MarciP

Good, I'm glad to see this homeophobe gone!

what a world

Give it time and it will be. My point was, Washington shoud know better than to call someone a name that is degrading and offensive. Then to try to deny it in public and use the word again?? I say the two words are comprable in their offensiveness.

recovery101Fan

He did himself in on that awards show being cockey and saying the F word. Especially when he did it a second time.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments