Was Paris a Victim of "The Nancy Grace Effect"?

6/14/2007 3:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

CNN Headline News anchor Nancy Grace has been one of the harshest critics of Sheriff Lee Baca's handling of Paris Hilton, but did she have a hand in getting Paris transferred last night?

Grace slammed Hilton and her "medical condition" on her June 12 show, saying, "I want to find out how attention deficit disorder, mild and very recent depression, dry skin and a bout of claustrophobia can land you in a privileged unit reserved for the acutely medically ill. I don't understand that."

Today, TMZ asked Sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore if Grace or any other person in the media had anything to do with the Sheriff's decision. Whitmore told us, "No. The Sheriff, after he gets consultation and receives the best information available, makes the decision."

Hard to blame him if it did though -- Grace can be kind of scary.

Pleasssssssssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeee

#14 .......LMAOOOOOOOO......that was a riot.......LOLOLOLOL

castra regina

Nancy Grace is a nightmare. She is probably more despised than Rosie. Can't stand the broad!

chris

Caribbean Goddess

Nancy Grace is fair yet firm. She is right about Paris and why should other visitors wait 5 hours when the Hilton's can go for a visit with
out waiting in line.

amy

that nancy grace is so F***en Ugly I think she is jealous of every beautiful women out there.

HINSDALE

YEA RIGHT 60-80% OF PEOPLE SERVE LESS IN DAYS THEN SHE WILL SERVE 20+/. YET PEOPLE STILL SAY GARBAGE EVERY DAY AND WILL FOR 6 MONTHS. HOW REALLY CARES WHERE SHE GOT WHAT SHE HAS . THAT IS HERE FORTUNE. PEOPLE MAY NOT MAKE ALOT OF MONEY, BUT IS IT HERE FAULT OR YOUR OWN(YOU ALSO MAY HAVE A DIFF. LIFE , OR FROM A POOR BACKGROUND)). ., OH WAIT SHE IS SUPPOSE TO WORK FOR FREE , JUST BECAUSE HERE PARENTS HAVE MONEY. THIS A JOKE. PEOPLE ARE PISSED BECAUSE SHE IS RICH. SHE WILL SERVE MORE TIME THEN MOST, OH WAIT SHE IS FAMOUS SHE GET MORE.

Terry

I don't care for Nancy's style or show but on this she had it right.
Nancy is not the only one who asked that same question,
In fact far from the only one
TMZ needs to blame someone for Harvey's sake.
Paris was not put in the same cell because she just had a hard time there lol.
I imagine they decorated and cleaned up a new bigger cell lol. This crap makes me sick.

trinity911

Nancy Grace is a loud mouth shrivled up crone who probably hasn't been laid since the 40's.

She is one reason that tv is doled out in very, very small doses at my house, and news channels are banned.

Andrea

I love Nancy Grace because she tells it like it is! Nancy Grace stands by the law and is not bought by people like the Hiltons! I believe that in spite of what the Sheriff's Dept. says that Nancy Grace is the reason that Paris was moved! I hope that Nancy dosen't quit until Paris in put in a regular cell to do hard time and stops recieving special treatment! Go Nancy Grace! Nancy is my hero!

dogandponybot

It's a case of hubris. Greek tragedy redux. It's not over yet. Paris in jail - hubris and privilege on trial

jewish smewish,,

TMZ. COM, ENOUGH ABOUT PARIS HILTON!!!!!!
I Love this site but enough!!!!

another rapper (Stack Bundles any1?!)
died and no1 reported it lol, ok jk i dont care for rap but death is tragic!!!

SUPER-ficial

I like Nancy . . . at least she doesn't pander to public opinion

Donna

Harvey is still licking Paris' herpes ass, I guess.

Harvey is the Hilton slave.

Ida

I think Nancy Grace is one of the real people on television. I think she does an excellent job; she tells it like it is. As for her causing a suicide, I don't know the story, but if people want to kill themselves, another human is not responsible. Only the person who commits this act.

Pam The REAL Pam

55. STORM THE JAIL __CITY HALL COURT__CITY ATTOURNEYS' OFFICE___SHERRIFS OFFICE___TAKE A STAND ONCE AND FOR ALL DEMAND HER IMMEDIATE RELEASE NOW TAKE A STANCE ___ WE AINT BACKING DOWN THIS TIME BABY ___LEAVE THEM NO WAY OUT BUT TO RELEASE HER ...NOW ONCE AND FOR ALL___PEOPLE ALL AROUND THE WORLD TODAY ARE OUTRAGED AT WHAT THEY HAVE DONE TO THIS POOR GIRL __WHAT THEY HAVE PUT PARIS THROUGH___THESE OFFICES HAVE BEEN BOMBARDING ALL DAY LONG WITH OUTRAGE THAT SHE IS STILL IN JAIL ___WE ARE NOT GONNA STAND FOR IT ANOTHER SECOND___WE ARE DONE TAKING IT__BRING YOUR PICKET SIGHNS ...I WILL SEE YOU THERE.....BRING EVERYONE YOU KNOW!!!!!!!!!!

Posted at 3:16PM on Jun 14th 2007 by chris
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Get in touch with Babbs and Farrah Fallon, the three of you can stand out there together.