Was Paris a Victim of "The Nancy Grace Effect"?

6/14/2007 3:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

CNN Headline News anchor Nancy Grace has been one of the harshest critics of Sheriff Lee Baca's handling of Paris Hilton, but did she have a hand in getting Paris transferred last night?

Grace slammed Hilton and her "medical condition" on her June 12 show, saying, "I want to find out how attention deficit disorder, mild and very recent depression, dry skin and a bout of claustrophobia can land you in a privileged unit reserved for the acutely medically ill. I don't understand that."

Today, TMZ asked Sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore if Grace or any other person in the media had anything to do with the Sheriff's decision. Whitmore told us, "No. The Sheriff, after he gets consultation and receives the best information available, makes the decision."

Hard to blame him if it did though -- Grace can be kind of scary.

drew_ill

Holy schnikies this screaming shrew is one of the worst "jornalists" out there, right up there with Glenn Beck and Bill O'Reilly. She just loves to inject herself into these "human interest" type stories that really have no effect on the real world. Nancy, shut your friggin' yap.

Mary T.

Well let's put it this way....when Trenton Duckett was missing in Florida...She had the mother of the little boy on the show and questioned her worse the any human I have ever seen......The mother committed suicide the next day at her grandparents house.....I think the mother's family sued her...never heard what happened....probably settled

She is a talk show host...not a lawyer on CNN to treat people the waty she does....She does the same with her quest..if she doesn't like what they are saying' she interrupts or has them taken off camera....ONE RUDE WOMAN...but, she helps CNN's ratings so I hear....Maybe one more suit against her and the won't put her on 2 times each night...SHE'S A GRACE....A DISGRACE..........................

whataworld

IF OF ALL NANCY SHOULD BE BITTER PERSON, YOU WOULD BE TOO, IF THE LOVE OF YOUR LIFE WAS MURDERED..NANCY WAS A WONDERFUL PROSECUTOR, WHO JUST WANTED JUSTICE FOR HER VICTIMS. MY DAUGHTER IS THE SAME AGE AS PARIS AND SHE IS NOW A ATTORNEY, IN A LARGE LAWFIRM..I HOPE SHE DOES AS WELL WITH HER LIFE AS NANCY HAS DONE..I LOVE YOU NANCY..I KNOW YOUR MOM IS PROUD OF YOU TOO...

Sue the Crap out of Her!!!!!!!

Whether Nancy Grace or anyone else on a T.V. program brought enough heat over the "SPECIAL TREATMENT" of Parasite by the L.A. Sheriff's dept. to make them transfer the rotten piece of NOTHING back to the JAIL, all I can say is that it did not happen soon enough. Whatever the reason, the little b*tch is still getting special treatment by being put into the "jails medical facility" instead of back in her original cell. Several years ago, I was also very stupid and drove after drinking. I was not only stopped, I was arrested, had to spend the night in a large cell with other "drunk drivers, druggies, and a couple of women with some very obvious mental problems until I was allowed out the following morning . A court date was set for me and I was finally sentenced to 30 days in jail , which was cut to 15 days. I was also on dailey medication for Asthma, anti-depressant medication, and pain medication for a back injury from being thrown from a horse. I WAS NOT put in the "medical facility" but was thrown in with the general population. However, I was sent to the "infirmary twice daily to be given my meds UNDER SUPERVISION by a guard and the nurse on duty. I also cried at night, for the first couple of days did not eat and was super depressed even with my medication. Regardless of the fact I had never been in any type of legal trouble before, this was MY PUNISHMENT for being stupid and breaking the law. I saw other women in the general population that were very mentally ill, some pregnant and they were never sent out to a "SPECIAL MEDICAL FACILITY" BUT, my incident did not happen in L.A. (Land of Assholes)
and my father was not a billionaire hotel owner. When my sentence was over, I vowed never to be that stupid again because my punishment scared me to death and I never want to go through that again. It has now been 20 years and I have not even had a speeding ticket since then.. Moral of my story? Be stupid, Break the law, do your time and get a CLUE as to what being a responsible adult means!!!

Mission

biracial female of 21 =

another rapper dead? Gee, big loss there.

jessiedee

She should leave the celebrity news to E!, and stick to more important, "real world" issues. If she wants to start covering that type of news, I would suggest she start by hiring a stylist, going to the gym, and fire her current hair and makeup people - E! news wouldn't be caught dead with a newscaster that looks like her!

TMZ=jackals, and jackasses

Hey retard, you spelled Kate's name wrong THREE times so far today...Queensryche is for queens and mullet-boys. You suck.

amy

nancy grace is stupid jealous bitch

crct07

AAAAHHHHHH....#55 & #56........JUST SAY NO.........A MIND IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE!!!!!

K.D. Orr

Paris Hilton is right where she belongs....in reality! This is what happens to people who snub their noses at the law and she most certainly did that. Why anyone feels sorry for this spoiled brat is beyond me. Her sudden interest in our Iraq situation is laughable, since she parades around in her jewels and expensive cars without a thought of how many families those items could buy a meal for! Or maybe some decent medical care. Paris has been blessed with wealth and not a brain in her head of how to use it to better the world! Maybe when she gets out of jail she'll have had some enlightenment.

Kevin T.

Nancy Grace only speaks common sense and voices it on behalf of the mass public.

So the fact that Paris was moved only stems from the fact its common sense to know that this Sheriff and the Hilton family have been exploiting and abusing the system - since she shouldn't have been put anywhere but a regular cell from the very beginning.

Of course, Baca doesn't react to Nancy Grace but he has to react to the MASSES and to common sense once the "game" has been so violently and publicly exposed.

genny

Why nancy graice is not married yet ? I think i have the answer' : she is very hard to deal with ! and in particular with dealing with a partner !!!!! so nancy grace focus in your own personal life !!!!! and do not criticise others life !!

azule the parrot

Nancy grace should change places with Paris

pohono

This whole thing is really stupid. The judge and the prosecutor need to loose thier jobs. They decided to make an example out of Paris Hilton. Whoc ares that she has already served more time than 90 percent of the normal people who have commited the same felony. They dont care that it costs the taxpayers money to pull this crap when it could have been free and she could have had the same medical care stuck at home on her dime instead of ours. They obviously didnt care about the safety of the deputies that had to go get her because the judge had a pissing contest with the Sherrif! What bugs me most is that all of you posters that don't like Paris Hilton, Not because you've never met her I know I havent, are willing to put up with this crap soley because it bugs you because she is one of the haves and the rest of us are have nots. That doesnt make any of this ok. Just because you do not like someone does not make it ok to treat them badly. Its wrong all the way round.

LINDA

WAY TO GO, NANCY!! COMMENT THOUGH! IF PARIS HAS FOUND "GOD", AND SHE HAS GIVEN UP DRINKING, WHY ARE HER PARENTS TRYING TO GIVE HER A RELEASE PARTY IN LAS VEGAS AT PURE NIGHTCLUB? ALSO, DID PARIS HAVE ALL OF THESE MEDICAL CONDITIONS WHEN SHE WAS OUT PARTYING AND DRINKING EVERY NIGHT? HMMM?!?