Rosie -- Gimme Bob's Job Already!

6/19/2007 10:08 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

It might be far from a sure thing, but Rosie O'Donnell seems like she's all ready to come on down and be the next host of "The Price is Right."

The former "View" flamethrower tells her fan-inquisitors at rosie.com that she's meeting with CBS this week to talk about "TPIR," and that she's all set to go if CBS asks her to take over the skinny mike from Bob Barker, who ended his 30-year run last Friday. "If they asked me, I sure would ... I LOVE THE PRICE IS RIGHT," she wrote. Barker endorsed Ro as his replacement over the weekend.

Of course, not everyone is thrilled about Rosie potentially plying players with Plinko. One reader wrote that a petition had already started for a "50-state sponsor boycott" should Rosie be chosen, to which O'Donnell spat back, "The only thing I want to gay up is you."

One thing everyone can take comfort in: Rosie says she'd keep Barker's signature sign-off about spaying and neutering.

Julie

She's the only one who would do the job justice. I vote for Rosie!!!

Julie

You go girl!!

Michael Richards

I would love to see rosie in a 69 with one of Bobs Beauties!!!!!

Julie

She's the only one who could do the job justice. I vote Rosie!!!

Mary

PLEEEEZ!!! TPIR is a game show!!! The host must be at least kind of respectful of the contestants. If they are not there...then there is no show. I don't think Rosie will be able to consistantly maintain that image....she is too focused on herself. To host a game show it has to be about the contestants & about the show....NOT SO MUCH ABOUT THE HOST!!!

jokerface

Anyone but Rosie!!! She would turn the show into a complete joke. The show would no longer be about the fans playing for gifts, it would be all about Rosie and the attention hog that she is. I will NEVER watch that show again if she is chosen as the new host!!

DayZee

Bob Barker was a good host on Truth or Consequences, and TPIR because he could be collected despite all the emotion around him. TOC, during the Vietnam era, had military husbands reuniting with their wives, that's an emotional tidal wave, and Bob had to control the situation. For a show like TPIR, where people are overcome with excitement, they need a host that can balance and control that electricity, not get swept up in it. I think Rosie would get too caught up in the excitement to keep the game rolling on time.
The idea of a male host, I think, is just sixties thinking, from a time where women stayed home and watched tv, and wanted a male host.

Reality

nice "reporting" TMZ. Got that all off of Rosie's website which I read BEFORE TMZ. Old news guys, old news.

tami

Woody McBreairty

I THINK IT WOULD BE A WASTE AND A DISSERVICE TO AMERICA IF ROSIE TOOK A JOB ON THIS SHOW INSTEAD OF TAKING ANOTHER TALK SHOW WHERE SHE HAS SO MANY IMPORTANT THINGS TO SAY, THINGS THAT SET PEOPLE TO THINKING AND STIMULATE VERBAL EXCHANGES THAT MIGHT ENLIGHTEN A FEW OF THE IGNORANT. MAYBE SHE IS NOT RIGHT IN ALL HER THEORIES BUT AT LEAST SHE IS THINKING, AT LEAST SHE KNOWS LIKE MILLIONS OF OTHER AMERICANS THAT GEORGE BUSH IS A DISGRACE TO OUR BELOVED COUNTRY AND THE DAMAGE HE HAS DONE WILL TAKE GENERATIONS TO REPAIR AND IN FACT SOME OF IT IS IRREVOCABLE. GOD HELP US GET OUR COUNTRY BACK AND RESTORE OUR CONSTITUTION. I DON'T CARE IF IT'S ROSIE O'DONNELL, JIMMY CARTER, OR EVEN THE CROOK SCOTTER LIBBY (OR ANY OF THE OTHER CROOKS CURRENTLY RUNNING OUR GOVERNMENT) EVERY AMERICAN HAS A RIGHT TO SPEAK THEIR MIND AND EXPRESS AN OPINION ON ANYTHING THEY COOSE. FOR THOSE WHO HAVN'T HEARD YET, IT'S CALLED FREEDOM OF SPEECH. IT APPLIES TO EVERY SINGLE AMERICAN AND IT TAKES A TRAITOR AND A FOOL TO SIT BACK AND SAY OTHER AMERICANS DO NOT HAVE A RIGHT TO AN OPINION ABOUT ANYTHING BECAUSE THEY DISAGREE WITH IT. IT TAKES A TRUE AMERICAN PATRIOT TO SPEAK UP AND SAY HOW THEY FEEL, ABOUT THE PRESIDENT, THE VICE PRESIDENT, THE CABINET, THE ILLEGAL ALIENS, OR ANY OTHER SUBJECT THAT COMES TO THEIR MIND. IF THE LOONIES WOULD JUST SHUT THEIR BABBLING MOUTHS LONG ENOUGH AND OPEN THEIR MINDS A LITTLE THEY WOULD FIND THAT ROSIE HAS A LOT OF IMPORTANT THINGS TO SAY, SOME INTELLIGENT OPINIONS WHETHER OR NOT WE AGREE WITH THEM, AND ADDS VALUABLE FOOD FOR THOUGHT TO OUR NATIONAL DISCOURSE. NOONE OBJECTS TO ELISABETH HASSELBECK ON THE VIEW BECAUSE SHE IS A CANDY ASS MORON WHO SAID THAT "AMERICAN SOLDIERS ARE DYING IN IRAQ SO THE IRAQI PEOPLE CAN HAVE A BETTER LIFE". NOW IF THAT ISN'T DISGUSTING, WHAT IS? I'M SURE SHE IS HAPPY TO HEAR THAT AN AMERICAN GENERAL HAS SIMILAR GOOD NEWS "THAT IRAQ NOW HAS NICE BIG PLAYGROUNDS IN SOME AREAS". TELL THAT TO A MOTHER OR FATHER WHO HAS HAD TO BEAR THE NEWS THAT THEIR SON OR DAUGHTER IS DEAD. WAKE UP AMERICA! READ ON THE HUFFINGTON POST WHAT NEW YORK MAYOR MICHAEL BLOOMBERG SAID TODAY ABOUT THE STATE AND CONDITION OF OUR COUNTRYAND IT MIGHT HELP TO WAKE YOU UP ENOUGH TO TRY TO AT LEAST HELP TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

Arturo Fuente

Eric: Thanks for the link!

Woody: Quit drinking so much Kool-Aid. You'll get a tummy ache!

kensme

Worked in sales for years giving me the chance to have watch TPIR a couple thousand times, at the very least. If they make that dog-bed Ro the host I will never again watch TPIR. What are they thinking - TPIR has been the most wholesome, uplifting show on TV for those 35 years.

stopthepresses

Thanks for the CBS link. I've already given them my comment about keeping her OFF the show!!! She has enough money, why won't she just go away forever and do whatever it is she does......spend time with her family, cruise the seas, work for her charity.....read a book....seek psychiatric help and anger management therapy... learn to write a complete sentence instead of using a haiku..... There are all kinds of possibilities for her, just so we don't have to flip a channel and risk seeing her. She literally makes me nauseous.

Woody McBreairty

To kensme ; Nice to see you have had such a rich and rewarding life! Sad case you are, indeed! P.S. GET a life!

MsWaldo

ROSIE.......Just Go Away for God's sake!!!!!! I didn't like you on your own show, I didn't like you on The View.....come to think of it, Rosie, I just can't stand YOU. Go home and take care of your kids. Find a hobby! Give the public a break from your ANGER, Rosie! If I never had to see or hear you again, I would be so happy.