Verne Burned! Don't Call Me Mini-Me!

6/21/2007 12:29 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Lesson of the day, courtesy of Verne Troyer -- respect my name!

TMZ spotted the pint-sized star of "Austin Powers" outside Crustacean last night, where very large Celtics player Paul Pierce had the nerve to call Troyer "Mini-Me." Big mistake!

Verne had to cut the 6' 6" Paul down to size, calling him out on his faux-pas, saying, "I could have come up and just said 'Hey, you play for the Celtics, what up?' No, your name is Paul, my name is Verne ... Next time, now you know."

Troyer then gave Pierce a low-five and was on his way.

Drea

Hey What-the, after last season, yeah "you play for the celtics" is pretty derogatory.

Jimmy Phillips

We represent the Lollypop Guild, the Lollypop Guild, The Lollypop Guild And in the name of the Lollypop Guild We wish to welcome you to Munchkinland.

You know what that means "Vern" ?

Princess Ali Baba

Met Verne before years ago, he is so unhappy to be a "little person" that he is nasty to every one that he meets. He wasn't friendly or nice. He's a total jerk! Sorry mini me

Cathy from Alberta

Touche Vern! ;-)

M

"Mini-Me" is appropriate. I think we all know after the "Surreal Life," just how irritating Verne can be about the whole thing. That's all he'll ever be known for and needs to get over it!

Lanie

Go point #10.. People don't go up to other actors and call them by their character name. But, I don't think the dude did it to be mean.. So, why get all upset? The celtics dude did say something about getting drunk on MTV, though.. I thought that was the rude part.

Like everyone doesn't know it HAS to be embarrassing for him, why bring that up?

Paul

Toss the little retard.

Vincent

I hear Verne Troyer hits it off well with the ladies, even though he's half their size...I hope for his sake he has a few extra pairs of clothes he can leave them as souvenirs.

LAToya

Hey, nuff respect for him. He may be like 2 feet tall, but he stood up for himself. You gotta respect that. I'm sure he's taken a lot of crap in his life for being a little person.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2