Cops Give Gruesome Details of Benoit Killing Spree

6/26/2007 4:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Officials have confirmed the horrifying details in the deaths of wrestling superstar Chris Benoit and his family.

In a statement by a member of the Fayetteville Sheriff's Department, "Mr, Benoit had sometime, possibly Friday, murdered his wife by asphyxiation. Sometime shortly after that, the same for his son Daniel and sometime later ... committed suicide by hanging himself in the basement area."

According to officials, Nancy was bound at the wrists and feet, with a towel wrapped around her body, and blood was found underneath her head. A Bible was also reportedly found near each one of the bodies.

Police have also confirmed that prescription drugs and steroids were found in the house.

Benoit was found hanging in a weight room in his house. Cops say that he used a cord from one of his workout machines as a makeshift noose. Authorities also believe that Benoit died on Saturday.

Story developing ...

TJ Collins

Everyone says the same I hope, I hope, I hope. I'll just say this. this man was a wuss. He couldnt take something and instead of manning-up and dealing with what the world had to offer him and his Family he deceiced to end it for everyone. Killing someone is a hell of a thing to do. You take all they have and all their ever gonna have. I'm glad he's gone, but sad that he had to kill 2 others just to get motivated to do it. I cant wait to piss on his grave. If some one wants to kill them selfs I'm all for it, less people I have to wait for in traffic and at theme parks, and besides most the people that do kill them selfs wherent happy people to be around in the first place. I know their are a few that where happy right up to there last breath, but its what they wanted. And like I said I am sad for his son and his wife. And I will bring a rose for each of them and a full bladder for the dumb one.

citysue

TMZ - People reply to other comment numbers on your site. Stop changing the comment numbers or people will not be able to respond to each other.....

What's wrong with you?

Wicked

Sister,

Whatever. But I wish I could get ahold of some pain pills cause I have a broken tooth that is making me crazy. Can't get to the doc till tomorrow afternoon. I won't kill anybody though.

Anybody know what I can do to ease the pain? My face is swelling. I am hurting.

mastwrt

the reason why wwe did the 3hr. broadcast on monday was b/c they didn't know how or why chirs and his family died. wwe.com has just removed all things that are chris from shopzone.com and their catalongs. i bet there u there will be no special edition shirts 4 him like they had 4 eddie.

i'm just shocked that chirs of all people would do that 2 his family.especially his own son. that's the ultiment betrayal 4 a child 2 be murded by a parent. his wife made the mistake of getting back with chris when she knew how dangerous he was 2 her and their son. she had a freakin' restraining order against him before they seperated. now she has unfortunately learned the hard way and she and her son had to pay the heavy price 4 it.
r.i.p to nacy and daniel. maybe 4 chris but i'm not 2 sure yet.

Mary T.

Why didn't you leave your wife and son alone?????????????????To murder a child is beyond forgiveness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You must have hit you head too many times. How horrible it is to hear things like this, day after day after day............................................

Wicked

stay away from steroids, it will shrink your brain and
shrink your dinky to the size of your pinky

Natalie

Why can't it be to murder anyone is beyond forgiveness

Natalie

in wwe if you are on steroids you are susspended without pay due to the fact eddie gurreo died due to a heart problem relating to steroids if you are on any type of drug you are suspended

citysue

RS - presently #306 - You could try making a paste of aspirin and water and applying it to the affected area....either that or lots booze....

BRANDON

I THOUGHT I PUT THIS STUPID 3HOUR SPECIAL ARGUMENT TO REST. He killed him and they gave him a special, which was unfortunate, if he didnt and they didnt, it'd be even worse. THEY DIDENT KNOW WHAT TO DO. WHEN IT COMES DOWN TO IT WE'D PROBABLY DO THE SOME. They took a chance and went with the lesser of two problems. THERE. NO ONE CAN DENY.

Kathy

This is sad, I wonder who the last person Linda spoke to? Vince McMann should be ashambed of himself for doing the storyline with Vince being dead, well he wanted a story and now he has one.

FriendfromOhio

I need to put it out there that my sister and I knew Chris and that something had to have terribly gone wrong in his mind over the last week. Chris talked about his children everytime you talked to him...He loved his life and after Eddie died obviously Chris withdrew alot, however the love for his children never faltered. I pray that Daniel was sleeping and did not get to know that Chris did this to him. I pray that Nancy had time to talk to the Lord before she drew her last breath and I pray for his remaining two children that they will only live with the good of their father and not the terrible ending of his life and the lives of two other people they loved very much...Thanks. I hope the three rest in the hands of our Lord and Saviour

NV

I may be able to take something positive about this. My son is 9 years old and a big WWE fan. He heard about what happened to Chris Benoit but didn't really understand it.

I calmly explained that sometimes living with Mommy and the kids can make a man go cuckoo and kill them all. We just kind of stared at each other in silence after that. Then I looked off and stared at a spot on the ceiling for a couple minutes.

I think he got the message. I think that boy is going to be a lot more obedient around here than he is for the two weeks before Christmas. He picked up his shoes off the ground and told me he was going to make his bed. I just gave him another blank stare. After he left I took a sip of my coffee. Damn, this is good coffee.

hello, it

It is clear that the man was insane. Why else would he kill his family? The man was sick, and even tho what he did was horrible, I can't help but take pity on this poor sick man.

Connie

IF THIS IS "LOVE", I WOULDN'T WANT TO SEE HIS VERSION OF HATE!!! YOU DO NOT BIND, STRANGLE AND SMOTHER THOSE YOU LOVE. YOU LEAVE, GET FLIPPIN HELP, OFF YOURSELF...WHATEVER IT TAKES. YOU CARE FOR AND PROTECT THOSE YOU LOVE, DID HE? NO!!!