Benoit and Son

6/28/2007 12:22 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

This is the adorable child Chris Benoit suffocated before killing himself. This picture of Benoit and son Daniel was taken at a 2004 event honoring Chris.

Daniel Benoit suffered from Fragile X Syndrome, a chromosomal defect that causes autism-like behaviors, language delays and other physical/sensory problems, afflicting 1 in 3600 males and 1 in 4-6 thousand females.

mnchick

Nobody's excusing what Benoit did....do any of you who are saying that TMZ, or any other news site are excusing his behavior even READ the articles posted?? His son had a medical condition that caused friction in the relationship between Benoit and wife Nancy. That is a fact widely reported! Not one news site that I have read that on has said that that is an excuse for him killing his family...they are simply stating that it was a hardship in their marriage. Read what you want into all the news reports. Nobody has said it is an excuse.

Raquel

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE???? THIS GUY IS A GOD DAMN LOSER!!!! I CANNOT BELIEVE WHAT I'M SEEING. TRIBUTES???? I THINK THIS WORLD NEEDS A DAMN WAKE UP CALL. I HONESTLY HOPE FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART THAT HE GOES STRAIGHT TO HELL, AND DOES NOT, NOT REST IN PEACE!!!!! BASTARD

dandan

i agree with satsuma to a point. nobody else can be blamed for this tradgedy, however if benoit had mental problems or severe depression he may not necessarily be totally blame himself. i am not trying to defend him or his actions but it is impossible to know what goes through someones head to do such a terrible thing to ones own family. If someone is suffering from mental problems they may not realise themselves until after an event happens, which in many cases is far, far too late.

rikki137

This is such a tragedy....but why he committed these horibble acts is what needs to focused on. "Roid Rage", is very real, I dated someone for 4yrs that used steriods, and all I can say is that you have to experience it first hand to believe how vicious these "rages" can be. Especially when alcohol or other drugs are used. I can't express to you the danger of the "rage" mentality, I watched "Ben" ( gotta use a fake name), completely change before my eyes. His eyes were hollow, like he knew nothing about what was going on, he developed incredible strength, once he pulled road sighns straight out of the ground one by one very methodically, yet he was absolutey detached from reality. I was beaten for yrs before I left him, and it was very hard because he was very sweet and smart and funny until he became a steriod monster. Maybe this will be the wake up call that this country needs to open their eyes to the devestating effects of steriod use. Im praying for the family and I only wish that it had not come to this, that someone would've gotten help for him, or at least restrained him from his wife and son. His doctor should be banned from practicing medicine, there is no way he couldn't see this coming. Rest In Peace, I pray that this family has not died in vain.

tightwad

Chris Benoit was a meathead

tightwad

Chris Benoit was a meathead

peaches

okay,so we know that this was a very tragic lost for the Benoit Family..But I must say some of you people have no RESPECT for those that are no longer living. The is a VERY sad situation that has happen.BUT nor myself / Or you all know what may have caused this tragic.If you cant say anything RESPECTFUL for the lost that has Accrued then I say to you keep your comments to yourself..And hope ,and pray that when its your time.No one DISREPECT OR BASH you. Just like you have Chris Benoit,and his ENTIRE family.

My Throughts,and prayers go out to the Benoit family!

Ashley

For one, yes I think it's a terrible tragedy that this happened the way that it did. But something about all of the "evidence" that they're releasing to the public doesn't sit so well with me. It seems like something is missing. A valuable piece of information. For some reason, I really don't think things are adding up correctly. I've heard about roid rage,

Yes it's terrible that this happened, yes its even worse that the life of a child was taken. but somethings just not adding up for me. I have that feeling in my gut. Sorry if you don't agree with my opinion

Granny Pants

Om mane padme hum.

uniformsformilitarypersonnelonly

How about honoring his wife and child with a tribute. A tribute for putting up with his steroid addiction.

To kill your own child with a CHOKEHOLD. Tribute my ASS!!! He'll get all the tribute he's got coming to him in the DEPTHS OF HELL.

Yeah

Raquel, You were not in Benoits shoes. SHUT YOUR HOLE.

Yeah is afraid of Ladies

Dear Yeah,

Just because you're the only one willing to touch your shriveled peepee does not mean that women are the enemy.

Now, put the Big Gulp down, lift your fat ass of the computer chair and go learn some social skills so maybe you can make a friend or two, you poor lonely asshat.

Momof2

My heart aches for that poor little angel. When my children wrap there little arms around me, its the best feeling in the world. I can not fathom harming them in any way. God will take care of that pathetic monster!!! He has met his maker and the maker ain't happy-rot in hell you piece of trash!!!

Schmitty

I agree with all. This is a very sad event. I blame Mr. Benoit 100% for planning and killing his wife but more sickly his 7 year old son. I have a 3 year old and I could never imagine what that was like. Again, I blame him but I also blame the industry esecially Vince MvMahon for gaining money off of others tragedies.

DottieDame

I am in tears just thinking of this sweet and adorable little boy dying at the hands of his own Father! Not that I would wish death on anyone, but why did he have to kill his wife and little boy?! If he wanted to die (Which suicide is against my faith, so I am not advocating it) that is between him and God. He didn't have to take two innocent people with him! Also, from what I am reading about this case lately it seems as if he was sane when he did it, which makes it all the more disgusting to me! Insanity one can understand a bit more, not that it ever justifies a crime, but sane and doing this? It turns your stomach to think about it. I wonder if the WWE ever knew about his spousal abuse prior to this and just neglected to report it. That really should be investigated.