Benoit and Son

6/28/2007 12:22 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

This is the adorable child Chris Benoit suffocated before killing himself. This picture of Benoit and son Daniel was taken at a 2004 event honoring Chris.

Daniel Benoit suffered from Fragile X Syndrome, a chromosomal defect that causes autism-like behaviors, language delays and other physical/sensory problems, afflicting 1 in 3600 males and 1 in 4-6 thousand females.

Mely S

WHY ARE WE STILL FEELING SORRY FOR BENOIT???? He doesn't deserve it! At first (without knowing the details) I did feel sorry! Learning the details, a day later, I was sick to my stomach! I can't believe that he could do such a thing! He is a monster that doesn't deserve a tribute whatsoever! RIP Nancy and Daniel!

PS... your son a having mental disorder is no reason to kill him!

Raquel

HEY YEAH!!!! YEAH, YEAH!!!!! STUPID ASS!!!! I WASNT IN HIS SHOES, NOR DO I FEEL THE NEED TO BE!!! I HAVE AN AUTISTIC BROTHER YOU DUMB ASS. I KNOW WHAT ITS LIKE TO HAVE A FAMILY MEMBER THAT ISNT EXACTLY NORMAL. BUT YOU KNOW WHAT, HE'S STILL MY BROTHER, TILL THE END!!! AND I WOULD NEVER THINK OF HURTING HIM, OK, YEAH??? SO YOU NEED A REALITY CHECK. AND OBVIOUSLY, YEAH, YOU WOULD DO IT TO, WOULDNT YOU??? YOU PATHETIC LOSER. SHUT MY PIE HOLE?? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, YOUR SICK!!! JUST LIKE BENOIT!!!! TO HELL WITH ALL OF YOU WHO FEEL SORRY!!!! OHHHHH POOOORRRR BABIES!!!!! WHOEVER SAYS THEY FEEL BAD FOR BENOIT, WOULD OBVIOUSLY DO THE SAME DAMN THING, SO LIKE I SAID BEFORE, SCREW ALL OF YOU SYMPATHETIC RETARDS!!!!

Yeah is afraid of Ladies

Soleil is right on all points. I would like to add that steroid 'dealers' should be penalized as harshly as any other drug criminal. This stuff is disgusting and pointless.

And another thing: I believe that ALL athletes should undergo extensive psych. evaluations to weed out all these weak-minded narcissicistic idiots before contracts are even drawn up. Too many of the current (and past - hello OJ!) crop are a bunch of overpaid infants with no impulse control.

Stacy

Vince McMahon and his evil, horrible wife were on The Today Show and Good Morning America this morning, trying to shift the blame for this horrible crime. Now they want everyone to believe that Benoit killed his son because he was a special needs child. Go to WWE.com and watch Lindas performance. What a skeezy, nasty, fake ass person. Listen to what she is saying, how she says "mentally retarded" how she blames this childs condition for what Benoit did. After you have watched it, please PLEASE stop supporting the McMahons, stop buying their merchandise, their PPVs, their toy line. These people need to be hit where they will notice it, their bank account. They are filthy rich from the fact that they use the "talent" and then throw them away. Did you know that this "wellness" program that they both spoke of this morning allows wrestlers to pass the steroid test as long as they have a prescription for the steroids?! The McMahons are allowing these men to abuse these drugs, help put a stop to this, make the McMahons own up to their screwed up policies, STOP SUPPORTING THEM.

DottieDame

"If you cant say anything RESPECTFUL for the lost that has Accrued then I say to you keep your comments to yourself..And hope ,and pray that when its your time.No one DISREPECT OR BASH you. Just like you have Chris Benoit,and his ENTIRE family.

My Throughts,and prayers go out to the Benoit family!"

peaches, I understand your feelings, but please understand people must also express their outrage at the horrible way these two lives were taken. So you deal with this tragic situation in the way you feel best for you, and I will do the same for myself. I am sickened by this crime, and had to express that. However I agree that our sympathies should go out to the family as well. I should have included that in my post. I will include it now:

My deepest sympathies to the Benoit family, the family of his wife, and all the children who will dearly miss their little playmate, Daniel. God be with you all. Please know Daniel and his Mommy are with the Lord now and safe, surrounded by love.

THE WRESTLING FAN

WELL APPARENTLY HE JUST LOST HIS DAMN MIND..NOW KNOWING THAT STEROIDS ARE ILLEGAL TO USE IN ANY TYPE OF SPORT OR JUST TO BUFF UP IS WRONG..NOW THEY ARE TALKING BOUT THIS "ROID RAGE"...IF DOCTORS KNOW THAT THIS CAN HAPPEN THEN WHY IN THE HELL PRESCRIBE SOMETHING LIKE THIS TO A PERSON...IT IS SO SAD THAT IT HAD TO COME TO THIS....TAKING HIS OWN SONS AND WIFE'S LIFE....MAY THE GOOD LORD FORGIVE HIM WHAT HE HAD DONE AND HONESTLY THE DOCTOR SHOULD HAVE NOTICED THAT HIS BEHAVIOR WAS OUT OF CONTROL...THE ONLY ONE THAT KNOWS THE TRUTH TO THIS WHOLE ORDEAL IS "CHRIS BENOIT"...I GUESS WE WILL NEVER FIND OUT THE TRUTH...

jessica

i dont have words for this

Jimmy Love

Why is Everyone holding the WWE responsible for this ludicracy? Chris was a big boy and 39 yrs old. Old enough to make his own decisions. We can blame WWE all we want but this was a grown man. He alone was responsible for his actions. By the way Chris after my son has watched you perform for 8 years and myself for 23 years...What am I suppose to tell my son based upon your actions??..... Thanks Chris you made a real ASS out of me for believeing in you. Everyone commented that you stood for respect in all your affairs. You are not even close to the word respect. McMahon summoned it up youre a Monster....No....Your Just a Loser... No excuses. I am also tired of well he might have killed his son for this reason or that reason. THERE is no reason. One cant even be dreamed up!!

JLC

Please, let's remember that in addition to Daniel, Chris had two older children from a prior relationship, who are, more than likely, hearing and seeing much of what is being said about the father they just lost. Not to lessen the atrocity of what has been done to Daniel and his mother, but there are other victims here---try to be a bit sensitive.

Stacy

Fragile X is a hereditary disease. It's not caused by steroids or any other drug.

Marcus Lindsey

The events that happened this past weekend with Chris Benoit and his family was horrific. Why and how this horrific chain of events came to pass, but still without the evidence or a valid motive. So what happened? I do not know. No one knows. We will hopefully know more when the toxicology reports are completed. Until then all anyone has, including the media, is supposition based on speculation. To garner ratings, the media will continue to make this as huge a story as possible, even without all the facts. That’s the business in which they are involved. Everyone is quick to jump at the fact Chis Benoit commented the murder of his wife and child, maybe he did, maybe he didn't. Did you ever stop to think they may have been dead when we got home and he killed himself? Maybe one was dead and he we murdered the other one? Maybe he killed both and then himself. All we know for sure is two innocent people were suffocated and one was hung. That's all we know. There has been no evidence linking Chris to the murder's (ie blood, hair, fibers ect) . From are (media) prospective it looks as tho Chris is guilty of the murders. Remember when the media, without all the facts, essentially convicted the Duke Lacrosse team several months ago only to find out that there was no case but in the spirit of ratings and to scoop the competition, the three young men from the Duke Lacrosse team were in essence ruled guilty by the media? God knows and he will deal with this matter accordingly.

It is not too late for all of us to change how we deal with our own families and our friends and to honor every day we have the privilege of being on this earth. Remember, we are all only passing through, so take every day as a gift and continue to count all one’s blessings.

meagan

I totally agree with #73

the truth

It is truly tragic when you hear how this sweet little boy died at the hands of his own father! what's worse is that he couldn't even defend himself! I just hope that the FBI investigates the WWE again, only this time, put people away starting the ring leader himself, Vince McMahon! Say what you want, this steroid abuse in the WWE has gone long enough! Not only has it been exposed by it's biggest star, Hulk Hogan, who is showing his abuse also. But other stars have come out as well. Remember Superstar Billy Graham and his deteriorating ankles that needed bone replacement from his hip. This was because of all the steroid abuse he did to himself, which was allowed by the then WWF now WWE. Just take a look at how all the current & past wrestlers died on the website, www.steveswrestling.com. Most of them were due to suicide or heart attacks! One of the worst family tragedies was the Von Erichs. All 4 or 5 of them, all were wrestlers, died by committing suicide!! Even the women of these men have also met horrible fates. Remember how Elizabeth, who supposedly was married to Randy Savage, but then somehow ended up with Lex Luger, committed suicide! The list is endless but the Chris Benoit's case is truely the saddest and the worse of all!

candace

My heart aches for this child and the child's family, God Bless them all...

fran

NNot sure it was good to show the babys pic now..
but the pic showed he loved his son very much. He must have had a break down to do what he did... if that is what the offical out come is.
I hear people that can't believe it...shock and sadden..
If the mother knew what was happening why not take the baby and run....
I hope they rest in peace.
remember the wrestling loved his family and if he had a break down he didnt know what he was doing. Maybe thats why he is dead now.
sad