Padma to Rushdie: Pack Your Knives and Go

7/2/2007 5:27 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Padma Lakshmi and Salman Rushdie"Top Chef" host Padma Lakshmi and "Satanic Verses" author Salman Rushdie are getting divorced. Holy shiite!

A rep for Rushdie released a statement saying, "Salman Rushdie has agreed to divorce his wife, Padma Lakshmi, because of her desire to end their marriage." A reason why was not given. Hmmm.

The gorgeous former model (Lakshmi), who was born in 1970, married the 60-year-old writer/professor in 2004. They have no children together. This will be Rushdie's fourth divorce.

After "The Satanic Verses" was published, Iran's Ayatollah Khomeini called on Muslims to kill Rushdie in 1989. Rushdie was recently knighted by Queen Elizabeth. Lakshmi, on the other hand, is gorgeous. Did we say that already?

Margaret

Katie Joel who hosted the first season of Top Chef, is currently divorcing Billy Joel. Now Padma and Rushdie are calling it quits. What is Top Chef doing to May-December marriages on Bravo?

Davidg

I agree with #1. Padma and Chef C. are an item.
She apparently likes shorter bald stocky intelligent men.
Also, who could blame her? She is probably in danger being married to Rushdie.

Dan

Nice rack.

Bandolero

More like Satanic Faces.

MaryRoscommon

Rushdie is quite a character and also an interesting dude besides, the English like him. Remember he parodied himself in Brigid Jones Diary film. Quite funny. I had no idea he was married to the Top Chef hostess. All I know is for the past two seasons of Top Chef, I think everytime I see Padma, she has absolutely no personality. Her voice is totally without any expression. I guess Salman, like many other men, fell for the exterior and forgot that it is hard to talk to a virtually inanimate doll.

Spanky

She is hot. I would love to tap that on a regular basis. Nice nips too. I bet she tastes like curry.

R.Zimmerman

She's rather dull/normal. And looks kind of greasy. Oh, yeah, and the collagen lips. Doesn't take much to impress y'all.

John W

Padma's scar is the result of an automobile accident when she was fourteen. Golddigger?
I don't think so. Her career has been steady before she married Rushdie in 2004. Supporting roles in movies, a sucessful modeling career, two tv cooking shows, a cookbook. She didn't need his money and I am sure that she could have gotten as a husband someone just as rich as Rushdie ($8 million) and closer to her age.

hog

ANOTHER DIRTY WHORE CHASING MONEY!!!!!

bobbob

its because she fell in love with sam on top chef.

Tracie

I didn't think it was the name he was thinking about when he married her?

shannon2

her boobies are infidels.

meat_arian

She was SENT by osama bin laden and now her JOB is done ; now WATCH him disappear.

Robin

We know what he saw in her. What the H did she ever see in him?

aplus32