Chris Benoit Lives on ... at Target

7/3/2007 4:54 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

A loyal TMZ reader has informed us that all merchandise related to the dead wrestler has been pulled from the WWE website, you can still find Chris Benoit (or at least his action figure) at your local Target store.
Target and Chris Benoit
Even more unbelievable, we found this little gem on the toy aisle at a Target in Atlanta, which is less than fifty miles from where the murders/suicide took place. Note the toy's now-prophetic title: "Micro Aggression." Eek.

The toy set comes complete with the evil Kane, the Undertaker (insert bad taste joke here), and alleged double murderer Benoit. Steroids not included.

Calls to Target reps have not been returned.

As we mentioned, this story came from an anonymous source. If you are inside the wresting community with a real story to tell, email us. All information will be completely confidential.

Kris

Target will refuse to have the Salvation Army Bell Ringers in front of their stores during the holiadays, however; they will sell the toys of a murderer.

Boycott Target!

BRENDA

HERE IS MY 2 CENTS HAS EVERYONE THAT IS BLAMING STEROIDS BEEN LISCENSED AS A TOXICOLOGIST? WELL I THINK EVERYONE HAS JUMPED THE GUN ON STEROIDS. NOW THEY MAY HAVE BEEN IN HIS POSSESSION BUT THAT DON'T MEAN SQUAT!!!! AS EVERYONE KNOWS PERSONAL AND PRIVATE PROBLEMS CAN LEAD UP TO THESE TRAGIC THINGS HAPPENING. I DON'T KNOW WHY EVERYONE JUMPS AT WHAT MAY OR MAY NOT BE THE REASON. WE IN FLORIDA HAVE HAD ALOT OF MURDER SUICIDES AND THEY WERE NOT ALL DRUG RELATED BUT IN BENOITS CASE YOU HAVE STEREO TYPED IT TO BE STEROIDS SO PULL ALL HIS MERCHANDISE, WHAT IF U ARE ALL WRONG WHAT IF IT WAS A DOMESTIC MATTER SHOULDN'T WE BE ALLOWED TO STILL PURCHASE THE LEGENDS ITEMS? IF IT WAS STEROIDS THEN YES DO WHAT EVER I UNDERSTAND HE KILLED 2 PEOPLE I AM NOT FOR WHAT HE DONE HE WILL HAVE TO ANSWER TO A HIGHER POWER ABOUT THAT BUT TO AUTO ASSUME STEROIDS IS CRAZY. I FEEL AND PRAY FOR THE SOUL OF HIS WIFE AND THAT INNOCENT CHILD THAT WAS AN UNCALLED FOR ACT OF VIOLENCE. I DO NOT CONDONE THAT KINDA THING. I AM AT AN END AS TO WHAT SHOULD OR SHOULDN'T BE DONE WITH MERCHANDISE FOR HIM BUT REMEMBER HE HAD 2 OTHER CHILDREN THAT SOME IF NOT ALL THE ROYALTIES MAY GO TO AND THAT IS THE WAY I THINK ABOUT IT. WHAT IF HE WAS PAYING SUPPORT WELL THATS OVER BUT HIS 2 OTHER CHILDREN HAVE TO BE SUPPORTED EVEN IF SOME IS FROM ROYALTIES. SO THERE I AM BETWEEN A ROCK AND A HARD PLACE FOR HIS MERCHANDISE SALES. TAKE IT OFF THE SHELF BECAUSE HE WAS SUCH A COWARD TO HAVE DONE WHAT HE HE DID.OR LEAVE IT ALONE UNTIL THE FULL STORY COMES OUT. I HATE HIM FOR WHAT HE HAS DONE BUT HE DON'T HAVE TO ANSWER TO ME JUST ONE PERSON. IF HE WAS ON STEROIDS THAT MANY THEN WHATEVER EACH STORE DECIDES TO DO IT IS THEIR DECISION AND THEY CAN TAKE THE SLACK OF LEAVING IT ON THE SHELVES OR TAKE THE SLACK FROM PULLING IT.
SO IN A SENCE IT'S DAM IF YOU DO AND DAM IF YOU DON'T! IPRAY FOR HIS WHOLE FAMILY INCLUDING THE WRESTLING FAMILY. OK THATS MY 4 CENTS WORTH.

Sarah

Well people, I seriously doubt that the families of the deceased are reading what we think. Some of these comments are horrible. I can only hope that you are not serious....Karma people, Karma. It will come back around....it always does.

wildandcrazy1

you know you people are really friggin demented. how can you crack wise about a situation as tragic as a man murdering his family and then commiting suicide. thats really poor taste. enough is enough tmz. leave well enough alone. R.I.P Benoit family.

Gina

Those toys should NOT be pulled. They are for people who will want to remember Chris Benoit for what he was, and that is one of the greatest wrestlers of all time. The tragedy that happened cannot and will not erase all his years of hard work and delivering excellent match after match.

On another note, it is interesting to me how people will turn on Chris Benoit for what happened, even knowing that steroids and other mind-altering drugs almost certainly had a part in it. Yet when there are mothers who murder their young children or their husbands they get no punishments but instead have countless excuses handed out in their favor; "post-partum depression" labeled as a valid excuse for murder. Those women kill their children too, in worse ways than the tragedy here. A woman recently drowned all five of her toddler and infant children and was excused, even pitied by the public. Hypocrites.

Chris Benoit was one of the greatest wrestlers of all time. Let those who want to remember him by collecting what memorabilia they can get their hands on do so.

Pedophile Junction (comments@tmz123.com)

You're an idiot, poster #36. "Chris Benoit, the wrestler" as ALSO Chris Benoit, the person. An evil monster who abused prescription drugs (including the date rape drug), steroids and alcohol. You might want to check yourself before you shoot off your big mouth. In light of what's happen there IS NO "Chris Benoit, the wrestler"..... there's only Chris Benoit the evil, selfish, cowardly monster. Case closed.

And... did TMZ remove the "...steroids not included." comment from this story? I'm not seeing it up there. O_o

Tracy

Ok, while the fact Target has not pulled any and all Chris Benoit products from their shelves is tacky and tasteless, so are your comments on the subject. Let's not forget, that regardless of how it happened, three people lost their lives in this tragedy.

Sabrina

This is an Idea, Why don't WWE still sell the merchandise and in return instead of keeping the profits for themselves, Vince could turn around and set up a trust or Chris Benoit's other children with half the proceeds. Then with the remaining set up some sort of shelter for abused women and let the proceeds go to run it. Just an idea because the figures are going to sell no matter what anyone thinks and the money should go to a good cause.

Sabrina

# 36 I couldn't agree more with you. The people on this form are all talking trash and If one of them was to do this they would be looking for an excuse also. It is sad that some people can go off and murder there children and get pity for it. I'm not saying what happend was right but there are many other cases out there that women have done the same thing but WORSE and they get away with it and the public over looks it. HYPOCRITES that is a great word for some.

Remember know one is GOD so who are you to judge anything that this man or anyone of that matter has done. You cant!!!!!!! Only GOD can JUDGE

I know I will get a bunch of hateful comments back from this posting so here it is for all of you I will pray for each of you who respond to me with nasty comments because we all know you need it.

CLC

I really don't like the title...Chris Benoit lives on.... This man, no matter what people say he did in the ring, should not live on in any frame of mind. I hope he is soon forgotten.

jo

First of all many of you are all hating on a man for something he did or did not do....drugs he may or may not have taken....everyone is jumping to conclusions before all the facts are in...and yes no matter what chris benoits wrestling achivements will never be able to be erased and if he did do this horrible act that will never be able to be forgotten to....but the only reason that this is all over the news is because of what he did in life and that is be a great wrestler that put his body on the line day after day...tmz the comment about the steroids was way out of line and in very poor taste...some of you say that chris and nancy family does not read this but they have stated that they have and these are the people that have to live with what he may have done....his surviving 2 kids are going to have to live with the fact that their dad, if all evidence is proven, killed there stepmom, half brother and then himself and none of you who are being so hatefull are not realizing that what you are saying is what they have to live with...to me chris and nancy's family need to finally be left alone so they can grieve and try to make some sense out of this senseless act....if chris did this none of us are is judge that is gods job...and for me I hopoe and pray that these family will be able to find some kind of understanding to what and why this happened and hopefully be able to move on....may chris, nancy, and daniel all rest in peace....

Terry

Some of you have me laughing. You click into this article to post your shear horror! at TMZ for running the article your choose to click into! TMZ has not hit a all time low with this, They are miles from it .
Target is not to blame either. It"s impossible to wipe the true villain off the face of the earth in 10 days. Get a grip on the drama and some pespective into who it really was that hit the all time low.

Terry

# 43
Fact = Benoi did kill his wife and child.
The drug use is only important to me in so far as drug use within the WWE. I cannot say Benoit would not have done the same thing if completely clean of narcotics can you? So it will prove nothing to me weather Benoit was under the influence or not as far as the murders/suicide goes. So far it sounds as if he was a supplier as well as a user but time will bring out those facts.

Terry

If some of you feel TMZ has hit a all time low with this article you should read post # 31 - by " definitely NOT riding on my fame "

I think I will leave a reply to someone able to articulate in words better than I. Wow is all I could come up with..

bob sloan

I wonder if he put the cross faced crippler on his wife?

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments