Live Earth: Madonna -- Alhambra: Pat Benatar!

7/9/2007 1:16 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

While most of the planet was rockin' to her Madgesty and Dave Matthews at Live Earth this weekend, tiny little Alhambra, Calif. got their best shot at welcoming rock royalty -- Pat Benatar! Hit me!
Pat Benatar in Alhambra
Queen of '80s rock Pat Benatar played a free show at the city's Summer Jubilee, beltin' out all her hits. Pat and hubby Neil Giraldo still have it, twenty years later! The city's summer concert series loves the '80s ladies; Joan Jett and Teena Marie are up next. Bust out the spandex, hairspray and fluorescent tops!

Y'all think Britney has that kind of longevity?

ANNA

Who cares!! Made a point not to watch this BS!!

mlb

Joan Jett puts on a great show, go see it if you have a chance

give the dog a bone

gag me with a spoon!

Just A Mom

I went to this event and it was fabulous! There was an enormous amount of people there and everyone was rockin out. I even took my 3 kids ages 9, 11 and 14 along with my sister. Pat and Neil were great. Neil ("Spider") through out his guitar pick and I was able to catch it for my 11 yr old son who is an aspiring electric guitar player. I am positive that anyone who was there would have the same comment. Alhambra hopes Pat and Spider return next year and we are definately there for Teena Marie.

August West

Saw Pat and Neil in CT earlier this year, and they rocked!

Paul

She's still great!

she's still unwell

why is it necessary for the tmz staff to bring up britney? just because you want to incite comments with people bashing her so you can make more $$$$.

leave her alone, she's with her kids. why didn't you ask if any of these other celeb hoes have pat's longevity?

you people are so transparent. now go write another positive fake ass story on ms. hilton. jackals.

Mike

Great, great show!!! She's still got it.

twistedvixen

We just saw Joan Jett in concert at Hershey Park last month. She was fabulous and it was awesome to see people from 5 to 85 rockin' out. Even my 2 teenage daughters had a fabulous time and my 16 year old has downloaded all the JJ music she can find onto her ipod.

Longevity? Maybe...either that or it's because the 80's are making a comeback. And to think...I threw out a dozen pair or more of wayfarers 10 years ago!

Cluck You PETA

Pat Benatar & Neil Giraldo will be here in a couple weeks doing a free concert as well and I am glad to know that they still put on a good show. I am looking forward to the concert now.

anonymous

Pat Benatar has always rocked.

Rocco

Uh, TMZ, check the ratings. Most of the planet was ignoring this.

jackie

Pat Benetar rocks!! i love her =]

RudyinAlhambra

We were there and yes...Pat Rocks!!! I am a resident of Alhambra and I think It is very cool for her and all the groups coming out to our city to do a free show for us fans. Thanks to Pat, Spyder, and all the crew for coming out and doing your thing. You all sounded great and the humbleness you have made it even better. Thanks again and continued success to you all.

Mustang Voodoo

Saw Pat and Neil a few years ago at a small venue. It rocked. They'll be in Orlando I think July or August for a free show.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments