Kevin James' Mets Fever

7/14/2007 12:26 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

"I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry" star Kevin James really loves himself some baseball.

The King of Queens is such a diehard Mets fan that he named his second daughter after the Mets longtime home, Shea Stadium. "I honestly...honestly did. I have been a Mets fan my whole life and have such good memories of going to Shea Stadium," he told Chris Yandek of TheSportsInterview.com "Her middle name is Joelle after my dad Joe who passed away. I brought it in because he used to take me to Shea all the time. I can't believe this got by my wife. She ended up liking the name just for the name itself."

James jokes that his daughter's name will have to change when the stadium name changes. "I am excited and a little upset I am going to have to change it to Citi Park, her name, when they change the stadium over."

Wondering

I love this guy!! I'm really looking forward to seeing the movie.

SHAY

MY NAME IS SHAY!!! Not after the stadium but o well!

MaryE

Does anyone else agree that he looks like a heavy Jeremy Piven? ha! No really though...they could be brothers...scary.

Robin

#1 I was going to say the same thing. "I love this guy". He is funny, real and I bet down to earth. I still watch "King Of Queens" Great Show. He looks just like my brother. BTW, my brother is my hero!

Surprised!!

I love this guy!!!

Get a Clue

zzzzzzzzz yawn zzzzzzzzzz snore zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz boring zzzzzzzzzzzzz yawn zzzzzzzzzzzzz

davi

Did he get on the loudspeaker in the stadium and act freaked out about gays or because a guy looked at him (like that ever happens)?
I mean, isn't that his entire comedy act?
Yuck.
TMZ what are you doing? This is the best you got on a Saturday morning? Kevin James? Who?

Ashley

He's really funny!

eM

Have you seen this guy's wife? Oh, I'm SURE she'd be with him if he was just a bloated, obese, unkempt, greasy red-necked bus driver, instead of a bloated, obese, unkempt, greasy red-necked millionaire.

Judi

King Of Queens rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

anon

I never cared one way or the other about the Mets, until Kelly Ripa started acting so arrogant and over the top about them. Now I cheer everytime they lose just for fun. I am a huge Tiger fan and last year when the Tigers beat the Yankees during the Playoffs, Ripa said on live TV that the Yankees couldn't even beat a last place team like the Tigers(they were 1st in all of baseball for most the year so that just shows how aware she is of the rest of the world), but then this year when the Tigers beat her great Mets 2 games to 1, she didn't say a word. LOVED IT!

Sillyme

He might be thinking about picking better pictures to star in.. this; I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry is gonna be awful.

todd lissner anti adult anti wholesomeness activist-----(kadintodd2@aol.com)

did u hear britney just spanked kevin james see tahts wat we want make it more interesting lol

Dan

To #8-

While I like Kevin James, I agree with you. And the funny thing is, have you people noticed on some of these sitcoms staring these comedians, you know, the heavy ones or completely nerdy ones..how the actress cast as their wife is pretty friggin hot? Like if Kevin James really was a UPS driver and fat, do you think for a minute he would be hooked up with whats here name? Or the other show, where Jamie Gertz is the wife..ya, like she would hook up with that fatso...haha...

I have never seen a show where the wife is kind of fat and dumpy and the husband is some great looking guy...hahahahahahahaha...

Well, at least these guys have significant input into casting of their wives. OBVIOUSLY.

Tangie

Kev is cute for a heavy guy, don't care about that, but his on screen wife Leah Remini will never get a job again. She is horrible

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments