Michael Vick

Busted for Illegal Dogfighting

7/17/2007 7:57 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0717_michael_vick_bn_getty-1It's dog days for Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick and others, after being indicted today on federal charges related to illegal dogfighting.

Vick was charged with illegal competitive dogfighting, which involves training pit bulls to fight against other dogs. When authorities searched Vick's property this month, they found 54 pit bulls and a host of brutal items including a "rape stand," used to hold dogs in place for mating; an electric treadmill modified for dogs and a bloodied piece of carpeting.

Graves of seven pit bulls were found inside "Bad Newz Kennels," a Virginia property owned by Vick. The dogs were allegedly killed after testing whether they would be good fighters. According to documents, dogfights would end when one dog died or backed down, and dogs were sometimes put to death by drowning, strangulation, hanging, gunshot, electrocution or some other method.

The indictment alleges that Vick and his co-defendants began sponsoring dogfights in early 2001, the former Virginia Tech star's rookie year with the Falcons.

Jeri

Get off your another black man getting pulled down by the white men. What kind of person are you. Dog fighting is a horrible thing. What kind of person likes to see another living breathing thing get killed in such a horrible way. I am sure if you had a pet and someone decided to steal it and use it for bait to train these dogs you wouldn't be so worried about another black man going down. It doesn't matter if he's white that bastard should go to jail for a lot longer than 6 years. You have heard of KARMA? Yeah in jail he will be somebody's girlfriend. Dumb bastard.

ash

He should go straight to the chair. This is disgusting. Anyone no matter how rich or poor they are should pay for part in animal cruelty. He will most likely get off though because he as money. Vick and the others should be held responsible for the pain and suffering of those poor animals.

MeLrose

Honey Fried Chicken- Ur trippin! I have NO sympathy for "That white wrestler who killed his family" as u called him} NONE!!!!!!!!!! And i hope that the sick evil skum sucker that killed Jessica Lundsford rots in ETERNAL HELL! Get real- why would we all be tallking bout that on THIS BLOG?!?!? This is supposed to be ONLY about Vick The Prick-ect You're supposed to keep ur blog in line w/ the article- duh

disgusted

He needs to lose his job, and the NFL and the Falcons need to take a stand against this very sick, cruel human. Who cares if he is blue, black, green, or white. I'm not a pit bull fan, but I wouldn't be cruel to one, or kill one, I just wouldn't buy one. Get a grip needs to get a grip!

Gia

Aha ha ha!!! Dream on gitmo, dream on, you poor jealous bastard!!!

Kay Marie

"jj" get over how many years ago was slavery. You people keep using it like we still owe you something. We let you free now get over. Personally I think that we should go back to slavery there was less violence in the world with you guys caged up.

bethany

Contact info for the Falcons.

They need to fire his ass!

Mailing Address:
Atlanta Falcons
4400 Falcon Parkway
Flowery Branch, GA 30542

Phone Number:
770-965-3115

Website Address:
www.atlantafalcons.com

Email Address:
Contact us with any questions, comments, suggestions or concerns at feedback@fans.atlantafalcons.com.

don quixote

Sadistic son of a gun.

He and his co-criminals deserve to have the book thrown at them.... or put naked in a locked room with some angry pit bulls.

HUMANE DOG PERSON

IF ONLY THIS A HOLE AND ALL THE PEOPLE INVOLVED COULD BE KILLED THE SAME WAY. I HOPE HE IS JAILED FINED AND NEVER ALLOWED TO PLAY FOOTBALL AGAIN BUT OF COURSE THEY WILL FIND LOOP HOLES TO ALLOW THE A HOLE TO CONTINUE TO PLAY AS LONG AS HE CAN MAKE THEM MONEY - JUST LIKE THE DOGS. THEY LIVED IF THEY MADE THESE CREEPY MORONS MONEY. SHAME ON THEM ALL - THEY WILL GET THEIRS AND SO WILL ANYONE ELSE IS ABUSES ANIMALS.

Peggy

What a sick bastard. He should be fried for this.
Hope his NFL team has severe sanctions against this type of crime.
Hope he rots in hell.

Gia

Thanks to everyone for posting addresses/e-mails to Falcons and Home Depot. I'll be contacting them tomorrow to let them know I will boycott their stores unless Vick is dealt with appropriately. I'm sure I won't be the only one.
This type of behavior should not be tolerated by anyone. Only sociopaths would engage in dog-fighting, or the torture of animals of any kind.

Cynic

Hey, HonkeyFriedBitch - Take your race card and shove it up your ignorant ass!

Bird

I don't agree with dog fighting one bit, but I honestly tried to chalk this up to Vick being a country boy whose culture I just couldn't relate to. That was until I read more on his brutal treatment when it came to euthanizing. Now I know it wasn't a country boy thing, it was just a monster thing. I hope he can't buy his way out of this.

Boo Hoo

hang him high!!!

from Kentucky and proud

People who fight dogs should be put in a ring and ordered to fight until they die just like the poor dogs have to do! I am so sick of "pit bulls" getting a bad name because of ignorant people like this! Anyone who gets off on watching dogs tear each other up need mental help.
And as for jj's comment ... come on now, this has nothing to do with slavery GET OVER IT!