Michael Vick

Busted for Illegal Dogfighting

7/17/2007 7:57 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0717_michael_vick_bn_getty-1It's dog days for Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick and others, after being indicted today on federal charges related to illegal dogfighting.

Vick was charged with illegal competitive dogfighting, which involves training pit bulls to fight against other dogs. When authorities searched Vick's property this month, they found 54 pit bulls and a host of brutal items including a "rape stand," used to hold dogs in place for mating; an electric treadmill modified for dogs and a bloodied piece of carpeting.

Graves of seven pit bulls were found inside "Bad Newz Kennels," a Virginia property owned by Vick. The dogs were allegedly killed after testing whether they would be good fighters. According to documents, dogfights would end when one dog died or backed down, and dogs were sometimes put to death by drowning, strangulation, hanging, gunshot, electrocution or some other method.

The indictment alleges that Vick and his co-defendants began sponsoring dogfights in early 2001, the former Virginia Tech star's rookie year with the Falcons.

TONY NY

Lets not hang him yet .Wait until the trial.................................................................

breno

this man, er, jackass ,should be imprisioned for a least one year. innocent animals tortured and killed because they didn't/couldn't fight. sad indeed.

he probably had some coharts who stold dogs from their owners, so HIS dogs could pratice fighting and killing them. HORRIBLE thought, eh! lots of dogs come up missing, and many of them are use for pit bulls to pratice lilling them. shame on you michael vick.

Ms. Pitbull

Money don't buy class but it do buy good lawyers. Ain't nothin' gonna happen to dat fine young man. He got it covered.

He goin' after yo daughter next!!!!

Mackaman

Well sick twisted bastards like that make my skin crawl...If anybody fights dogs...and comes near me...I dont care who they are I will make them Pay...I own a Pitbull and he is the best damn dog I have come to know...
Pitbulls are the most loyal breed of dogs around.
And its because of sick bastards like vick that they are being exterminated.
Bottom Line Vick if you lived on my block someone would strangle you with an intertube.
Because we live by morals...and My moral is that Evil people who Punish the Innocent deserve to be punished.
I hope that any single god denies you repreaval.
I also hope you get a big jail sentance...But you deserve Worse.

grasshopper

Can you see Vick running down the field now...his arms out to catch the ball and BANG his head explodes with a shot from a distance with a high power rifle...nice scenario, he never sees it coming...he just loses his entire no mind head ..... fitting ending....then pray for his soul. Like the rest of his animal friends. This herpes ridden trash needs to pay the price big time....end of story....Where is Oprah and Bill Cosby?

Elizabeth

allegedly...I would much rather see Mike Vick burned at the stake than see an amimal suffer. I wish there was a death penalty for this crime...he and his gangster thugs from the hood all deserve to die.

Max61

America..........what is wrong with us........the NFL pays Vick 130 million and he deals in dog fighting.........I can't think of enough adjectives to decsribe the anger I have for this person........the Falcons and the NFL and the Nike endorsments......all need to be boycotted.......don't watch and don't buy.......they only care about money.........get off our lazy boy recliners and turn off the big screen TV and go write letters to everyone you can think of.........NFL, the Falcons, judges, congressmen, senators, preachers, policemen, friends and neighbors.......everyone needs to know about this Vick person and the people who pay him......don't stop........keep it in front of the world until he is out of the NFL and in prison.........then we go after any one else in the dog fighting industry .........there are others out there...........

TMP

Don't pull the race card on this one. How about pulling the dog card? Who was there to protect these once poor innocent animals? He is a sick son of a bitch and I hope karma comes back and bites him in the neck, and the shoulder, and the ass, and hopefully when he's locked in the rape machine and then body slammed before being electrocuted. Burn in hell--sicko

Mackaman

Vick:

You sicken me to the Extreme.

You are a greedy bastard.

Your soul is garbage.

You dont deserve a safe jail time...Away from the Avengers.

I hope someone see's you on the street and snaps your neck.

Killing an animal is one of the worst things you can do.

If you were put in a ring and forced to fight or Die how would you feel.
In front of your brethren. you must kill or die...Your not fighting a war.
But you have to anyway.
or someone else will end your life...
You wont think about this because you dont have a mind.

Every animal deserves a clean slate...But no. You felt that they are just animals and dont have feelings.

Tell me something Vick:

Does something without feelings dream...Does something without feelings have fear...Does something without feeling Love?

My dog does and he is an animal.

Kah!

This has nothing to do with racism!
This is about Vick and all of his STUPID decisions!
Just for one day I would like to know the thought process behind him...
He may actually get something going his way if he wern't such a stubborn jerk.
I bet if he could go a couple seasons without being in the lime light for stupid stuff like this he may have a chance... but if it were up to me, he would have already been kick out of the NFL for all of the other offences he has commited! and this would just be the cherry on top of it all to lead to his offical removal from the NFL!
If he can ruin the lives of, at one point, harmless animals than why cant we ruin his life/carrer?

Christi S.

Ok, let me just say that I own a pitbull. I have had him since he was 7 weeks old, and I cannot imagine ANYTHING like what is going on with this breed ever happening to my baby! Anyone, regarless of race, age, status (wealth, celeb, sports star,.. whatever) that has anything to do with any kind of animal cruelty should severly be punished! I am a Falcons fan, was once (before this) a Vick fan. I dont care what it costs the team, he needs to made an example of! Let's show EVERYONE this kind of stuff will not be tolerated..no matter what!

Jasmine

Vick is SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm black & It has nothing to do with racism. That's ridiculous to even say. He needs to be put away for what he did, or better yet, have the same thing done to him. These are innocent dogs that are being forced to fight! It's Wrong! END OF STORY!

Amy

I hope this guy suffers to the combined extent that each and every one of those animals suffered. That will be justice.

Chris

Put him in the ring with 6 of those dogs and then reward them for putting down this sick freak. He deserves the same kind of fate he imposed on those poor animals. He deserves to be kicked out of the NFL and to serve the maximum sentence. Unfortunately, the death penalty will not apply. Also let's see a photo and more info on his partners in this and set the paparrazi loose on them.

Buck

Color has NOTHING to do with this crime. His nature.. his attitude ... him being a PUNK .... Vick thinking that the world loves him has EVERYTHING to do with him being STUPID !!! Anytime a black man gets into trouble over anything .. it is ALWAYS a COLOR ISSUE !!! PLEASE ... if he put more thought into acting like a class act black man ... instead of a class-less THUG ... he would NOT be in the trouble that he stays in. Michael .. if you run with THUGS IN THE HOOD .. Guess What ?

Previous 15 Comments | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments